2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit F&W on Friday for the first time. Tried about 10 dishes--Italy's booth was far and away our favorite. The ribs are humongous, and fall off the bone tender and soooo tasty. DH also really liked the Ravioli Carbonara -- about 5 or 6 medium-sized raviolis and good ricotta filling -- could've been a little hotter.

Also tried, in order of liking them:
Cheese Studio's: Maple bourbon cheesecake
Hops & Barley: Lobster Roll
Hawaii: Pulled pork slider
Mexico: Chocolate Bread Pudding
The Alps: Venison Stew
The Alps: Raclette (this was not fresh and cheese was clumpy sadly)
Hawaii: Pineapple Wine -- OK but skinny flute serving for the $10 price

Hit F&W on Friday for the first time. Tried about 10 dishes--Italy's booth was far and away our favorite. The ribs are humongous, and fall off the bone tender and soooo tasty. DH also really liked the Ravioli Carbonara -- about 5 or 6 medium-sized raviolis and good ricotta filling -- could've been a little hotter.

Also tried, in order of liking them:
Cheese Studio's: Maple bourbon cheesecake
Hops & Barley: Lobster Roll
Hawaii: Pulled pork slider
Mexico: Chocolate Bread Pudding
The Alps: Venison Stew
The Alps: Raclette (this was not fresh and cheese was clumpy sadly)
Hawaii: Pineapple Wine -- OK but skinny flute serving for the $10 price

The pineapple wine, the pork slider and EVERYTHING in Italy were my favorite :)

31 items (not counting out the drinks from flights) tasted this week over 5 days! Hit to my wallet was $184, which was well below what I had budgeted. Overall the quality of everything was excellent and I didn't find anything overpriced or flat out bad. Weather was outstanding and I was usually able to find a table. Favorites were:
  1. Jerk Chicken @ Islands of the Caribbean
  2. Blueberry & Almond Frangipane Tart @ The Alps
  3. Maple Bourbon Cheesecake @ Cheese Studio
  4. Smoked Corned Beef @ Flavors from Fire (winner for best value)
  5. Ropa Vieja Empanada @ Islands of the Caribbean
  6. Seared Scallops @ Wine & Dine Studio
  7. Baked Shrimp & Scallop Scampi Dip @ Coastal Eats

Can you believe it? Another Epcot Food and Wine Festival has come and gone!

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this year's thread!

Soon it will be time to begin planning for the 2020 festival. This will be the 25th anniversary of the Food and Wine Festival; hopefully there will some special events planned to celebrate this milestone.

We have been to the Food and Wine Festival three times in the past. So this last trip a couple weeks ago now was not entering unfamiliar territory. Maybe I'm alone here, but it seems as this event has grown in popularity over the years, on this last trip I was a little dismayed by open drunkenness in ride lines, holding drinks, dodging out for more drinks, etc. On our last night, we managed to squeak in one last Test Track and as my family of four made our way out and into the sea of people, a State Fair drunken fight started with us about 4 feet away. The two families were yanking them apart, but obscenities were being screamed and chest thumping was happening. One fella ran back in and tried to take a swing at the other, but the family once again moved in to separate. More yelling, more chest thumping.

I don't know. This was definitely a first for us. We quickly gathered my two kids and bee-lined for the Skyliner. It made our last night a little less magical.

F&W seems to get more rough every year. I've said it a few times; no way would I take kids to WS on Friday or Saturday night especially, but I'd even avoid evenings there during the week. Back in the day there wasn't the crowds, and there wasn't the public drunkenness either, so no physical fights, people puking in the bushes, loud cussing, etc... I'm all for people freely choosing, but when you don't feel right taking a kid to a Disney park, I think they need to figure out how to limit the drinks per hour people consume.

I was all for Pleasure Island when it opened because it gave adults a place to go be adults, but now that's migrated to EPCOT during F&W. It's made F&G my favorite now.

I usually can't find anything bad to say about Disney but I have to admit, I was a little disappointed in the AP gift coasters this year. They are really cheap and, one internet source advised not to let them get wet. I though that was what coasters were supposed to be for.

I usually can't find anything bad to say about Disney but I have to admit, I was a little disappointed in the AP gift coasters this year. They are really cheap and, one internet source advised not to let them get wet. I though that was what coasters were supposed to be for.
I agree the quality of the coasters doesn't seem great. And yes, LOL, absorbing moisture would seem like a key quality in a beverage coaster. I was thinking about attempting a DIY project this weekend to coat them in something to make shiny and more water resistant. But that said, there have been years where there has been no gift whatsoever (or metal buttons :rolleyes1) so I'm appreciative that they planned something - even if perhaps it didn't turn out as perhaps hoped. I'll report back if I'm successful... I'm a bit craft-challenged. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!