2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
To offer a different take on the frequent host of various F&W events, she doesn’t irritate me nearly as much as she does others. I can see how she could - she’s a bold personality and does have a bit of a “shtick” but I try to ignore it and do think she’s toned it down over the years. I’ve seen her “pull” helpful info out of chefs (particularly those who may not be used to demos) like why this ingredient, technique etc. In contrast, I attended a demo last year where the chef was struggling a bit and a different host didn’t seem to know what to say and it was a little awkward for a minute or two. And for demos with celeb chefs, they typically “take charge” of their own demo. She does not host every event and I believe they’ve done away with hosts for the beverage presentations almost entirely. Bottom line, I wouldn’t let her “reputation” keep anyone away from giving an event they’re interested in a try. :flower3:

You can use a regular Disney gift card for all purchases except other gift cards. The reason that F&W gift cards are so popular, is that they are nice souvenirs after being used, and they can be reloaded with more money at the souvenir tents and at the Festival Center (if they have one this year).

Where can the gift cards be purchased? At the festival center? Thanks!

I've been catching up on this thread and she sounds like she's ruined what could be great events. Maybe that's why there is so much availability!

I think it's more likely that Disney has raised the prices while providing less "exciting options" Over half of the presenters this year are Disney chef's for example. (But at least they got rid of the local grocery store chefs :) )

In addition to the themed F&W cards to wear around your wrist ($15 minimum to load) there was also a version that came with a lanyard and a “special medallion” (note this is not a pin). That was minimum $250 to load. Pictures of both from last year here
Where can the gift cards be purchased? At the festival center? Thanks!

As 2xcited mentioned there are two gift cards. The $15 minimum gift card with a wrist strap should be available at all F&W souvenir shops, the Festival Center, and possibly in Mouse Gears. The $200+ gift card with lanyard should be available at the Festival Center.

Hi...attending my first Food and Wine Festival this year. I know there has been mention of getting the F&W giftcard to use for purchases. I was wondering if a regular Disney Giftcard works or if I can purchase the F&W giftcard with a Disney giftcard as a keep sake? Thanks.
You can use a regular Disney gift card for all purchases except other gift cards. The reason that F&W gift cards are so popular, is that they are nice souvenirs after being used, and they can be reloaded with more money at the souvenir tents and at the Festival Center (if they have one this year).
In addition to the themed F&W cards to wear around your wrist ($15 minimum to load) there was also a version that came with a lanyard and a “special medallion” (note this is not a pin). That was minimum $250 to load. Pictures of both from last year here
I was just going to add the convenience of the wrist band is not to be underestimated. I purchased the card at one of the gift shops and only put $15 on it (I think that was the minimum). But it acts just like all of the disney gift cards so I purchase a ton of them (discounted) before arriving in Orlando. I add value to the wrist gift cards from my previously purchased discounted gcs by combining on the website disneygiftcard.com I used the wrist card at Flower and Garden last month and will use it while in Epcot for F&W. It's so much easier to just show my wrist to pay for booth items rather than have to dig out one of my regular gift cards.

I was just going to add the convenience of the wrist band is not to be underestimated. I purchased the card at one of the gift shops and only put $15 on it (I think that was the minimum). But it acts just like all of the disney gift cards so I purchase a ton of them (discounted) before arriving in Orlando. I add value to the wrist gift cards from my previously purchased discounted gcs by combining on the website disneygiftcard.com I used the wrist card at Flower and Garden last month and will use it while in Epcot for F&W. It's so much easier to just show my wrist to pay for booth items rather than have to dig out one of my regular gift cards.

You can combine the regular gift cards with the F&W gift cards on the Disney Gift Card website? I didn’t know this. Thanks. In the past, we’ve purchased the regular gift cards at Sam’s Club for a slight discount.

Oh so you can combine on the website? So basically they are a normal giftcard for the F&W? I have a ton of Disney Giftcards and this makes me happy! Is there any place I can get the F&W giftcard outside of Epcot? Id like to have it all on the card before I get there if possible.

Well I booked the candy sushi making seminar, lol. I wanted to do it last year when it was free but never did because my DH didn’t want to wait around while I did it so I’m going solo this year and decided to book it. I hope it’s not just kids, I don’t want to look like a creeper, lol.

Oh so you can combine on the website? So basically they are a normal giftcard for the F&W? I have a ton of Disney Giftcards and this makes me happy! Is there any place I can get the F&W giftcard outside of Epcot? Id like to have it all on the card before I get there if possible.

No only at the festival and they do change the design yearly.

You can combine the regular gift cards with the F&W gift cards on the Disney Gift Card website? I didn’t know this. Thanks. In the past, we’ve purchased the regular gift cards at Sam’s Club for a slight discount.
Last month at Flower and Garden I took last year's wristed DGC and used it at the booths. I had used it all up last year so it had a zero balance on it last month. I went to disneygiftcard.com and transferred a regular DGC balance to the old wrister DGC and used it all over the place. Those cute little F&W gift cards are just regular gift cards. You can use them anywhere you would a DGC you got at Sam's or Target, or anywhere.
Did you go the first couple days it opened/closed or on a weekend, those tend to be the busiest. The weekends always get the locals. If you during the week it tends to be quieter, still busy but not as bad.
Ugh! This year we will be there opening weekend!

Thanks for the images. I'm thinking kiddos spending money can go on those for the event.
Well I booked the candy sushi making seminar, lol. I wanted to do it last year when it was free but never did because my DH didn’t want to wait around while I did it so I’m going solo this year and decided to book it. I hope it’s not just kids, I don’t want to look like a creeper, lol.
Just make a friend. Wear your dis name on a tag. If you do it when my kiddos, he will have your life story in 30 seconds flat. 😆😂

Candy sushi is booked for opening weekend. Is this nonrefundable too? If it is, I'll stop checking since there probably won't be any spots opening up.

Ugh! This year we will be there opening weekend!
See you there! I am so unsure what to expect this year with Galaxy’s Edge opening as well. I think I’m going to expect total pandemonium (at least there will be 🍷) and then be - hopefully - pleasantly surprised.

Candy sushi is booked for opening weekend. Is this nonrefundable too? If it is, I'll stop checking since there probably won't be any spots opening up.
It appears you pay in full in advance (vs a hold and charging at event) but I didn’t see a cancellation policy. My guess is that it’s non-refundable like the other F&W events.

It's refundable up til a day ahead. We booked for 4, paid the 42ish dollars, then cancelled and booked for 2. Money was refunded and then we were charged for the 2 spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!