2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your ability to do food on a budget and not drink has not changed, all the same restaurants are still available to you. You don't have to eat at the kiosks.

Was your whole weeklong trip only for Festival of the Holidays? If not, then why would you cancel now?

I recommend you go, enjoy, and look forward to next year when Thanksgiving is earlier and FOTH likely will be too!
Basically, I it was a tough sell to get my Wife (would that be DW on this site?) to come in the fall. I used the promise of candlelight processional, our budget would allow one splurge on a CP dining package, and a chance at Runaway Railroad during its first year to get her to agree to do our once every 3-4 year trip now instead of waiting until next year. In the past few days I have lost both of those lures and it has caused me to get a little down about our plans.
I guess my post is really about not understanding how to get the most out of this festival.

Basically, I it was a tough sell to get my Wife (would that be DW on this site?) to come in the fall. I used the promise of candlelight processional, our budget would allow one splurge on a CP dining package, and a chance at Runaway Railroad during its first year to get her to agree to do our once every 3-4 year trip now instead of waiting until next year. In the past few days I have lost both of those lures and it has caused me to get a little down about our plans.
I guess my post is really about not understanding how to get the most out of this festival.
Enjoy the booths! Lots of nice CM's, some from the US, others are international. We often share a snack so we can taste more. Check out the eat to the beat concert listing when it is out. Free concerts, fun! :flower:

There are so many more food options with F&W and you do not have to drink at all. I did both Festivals last year. Festival of the Holidays was nice, but I had better selections at F&W
Agreed. The Food and Wine Festival is a smorgasbord of lovely food! We really enjoyed trying to get at least one item from each booth! We also share dishes so we can try more things.

Enjoy the booths! Lots of nice CM's, some from the US, others are international. We often share a snack so we can taste more. Check out the eat to the beat concert listing when it is out. Free concerts, fun! :flower:
Thanks for the words of encouragement! I'm sure that we will have a blast once we get there. I can't wait to see the concert lineup, I hope they have a great act for the last night, the one I will be able to attend. I also have come to the realization that they will most likely have holiday decorations up that week. So I guess that we'll be o'kay.

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I'm sure that we will have a blast once we get there. I can't wait to see the concert lineup, I hope they have a great act for the last night, the one I will be able to attend. I also have come to the realization that they will most likely have holiday decorations up that week. So I guess that we'll be o'kay.
I think you will be pleasantly surprised. We’ve only been to F&W once but found it more budget friendly to eat around the World Showcase at all the booths and share items as we went than it would have been to go to a Table Service for my family. I don’t drink either, and the atmosphere was fun and interesting. We had a great time.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised. We’ve only been to F&W once but found it more budget friendly to eat around the World Showcase at all the booths and share items as we went than it would have been to go to a Table Service for my family. I don’t drink either, and the atmosphere was fun and interesting. We had a great time.
Thanks for the information.

Does anyone know if there will be a TiW preview this year? It seemed the menus came out super late last year without one, and we like being able to plan our attack on the food booths more than a few weeks out!

Does anyone know if there will be a TiW preview this year?
Have no idea, many people were surprised when a preview didn't happen last year. The global marketplace menus were released on July 13 last year. Information on some of the special events was not released until after bookings started.

Have no idea, many people were surprised when a preview didn't happen last year. The global marketplace menus were released on July 13 last year. Information on some of the special events was not released until after bookings started.
I remember that fiasco! I only have that first Saturday for a special French, Italian, or Japanese food pairing event so I hope I can get I to one. Really enjoyed the Parisian Breakfast last year!

Thinking of doing this. It was worth your time and money? It is basicAlly breads and cheese, correct?

What time are the concerts and how long are they?

Looks like info on Disney website is not available and they still are pending announcements on performers this year.
Here is some info from another site- I'm thinking concerts are maybe half an hour or so- there should be dining packages as well ( as done previously) - believe those are 2 table services on dining plan but get you preferred seating... If paying out of pocket for dining packages,I believe the current prices will be released when lineup is announced ( but I'm sure you can research the cost from last year if interested)

These concerts are free with Epcot admission, and take place three times per evening (5:30pm, 6:45pm, 8:00pm) throughout the duration of the Festival. Dates for the 2019 Festival are August 29 – November 23.

The 2019 Eat to the Beat Concert Series will run from August 29 through November 19 — ending before the Food and Wine Festival ends.

This may not have any significance whatsoever but noticed today in my stalking of the site, that while listings for 2019 Culinary Tour of Japan and Hibachi experience were previously up (couldn’t click or book- just included in list of all dining), they are not listed today. Parisian breakfast, Italian lunch, French Family Meal, Mediterranean Pairing, and tequila lunch all still listed. Might have something to do with the new restaurant in Japan and perhaps they’re changing the offerings a bit? Hopefully they will still be offered in some form. I think the more offerings, the better.

This may not have any significance whatsoever but noticed today in my stalking of the site, that while listings for 2019 Culinary Tour of Japan and Hibachi experience were previously up (couldn’t click or book- just included in list of all dining), they are not listed today. Parisian breakfast, Italian lunch, French Family Meal, Mediterranean Pairing, and tequila lunch all still listed. Might have something to do with the new restaurant in Japan and perhaps they’re changing the offerings a bit? Hopefully they will still be offered in some form. I think the more offerings, the better.

Looks like for whatever reason they are further down on the list ( after Enzo's Hideaway )-not sure why those two are now alphabetized under Epcot -I noticed this morning as well

Continuing my stalking... cheese seminars and the eat to the beat package have been added to the “all dining” list. Clicking just brings to you to the generic festival page but they do appear to be preparing... let’s hope this bodes well for an organized communication & registration process!

383375F6-BAA0-4AC2-859A-9B02600E8AA6.jpeg

It's so frustrating!!! Ugh, its hard to plan where to go and what to do and where to eat when the ding dang schedule isn't out!
:headache:

Rumor

A permanent festival center (& beer garden amongst other things) is part of the revamp of Future World ... but not expected for completion any time soon. Not formally confirmed by Disney.

Still no word on a festival center for this year but I’d imagine those demos are pretty profitable and they wouldn’t want to forfeit them. Perhaps World Showplace (between UK & Canada)could be used. I can also remember many years ago seeing some demos set up outside - specifically a wine tasting in Italy... but I really hope they don’t go that route as people looked pretty miserable in the sun and I’m not sure what they did in rain. They could also maybe do a tent or something at the base of Future World - similar to what they used to put up for taping episodes of The Chew.

https://wdwnt.com/2019/04/permanent...e-and-more-coming-to-epcot-for-project-gamma/

I actually think they are no longer that profitable. So they may be in danger. They rarely sell out now and cost staffing etc to run.

As someone who was REALLY looking forward to the Festival of The Holidays and who just heard that F&W will be taking place during my 11/19-11/26 stay, which cannot be moved to a later date, instead, I am DEEPLY despondent. My Wife and I do not drink, personal choice and no judgment whatsoever to those who do, and are trying to do our food on a budget. Thinking of just calling the whole thing off. Please talk me off the ledge and give me reasons to be excited. Will there at least still be holiday decorations up around the park?

honestly "food on a budget" is not a compatible statement with ANYTHING at Disney!

Not to mention the food is often more edible than the stuff in the restaurants. (Yes I am looking at you LeCellier. It's SAD that the steak you serve for a few bucks at a festival booth puts that sad poorly cooked piece of meat you served me inside to shame!)

I came over here to see what was going on. And....I have absolutely no excitement. So far sticking to my plan to skip 2019. If I don't change my mind it will be the first time in probably 20 years I have skipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter