2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to ask this, any idea where this would be sold? I know Mousegears has LE bands at times. But not sure if it'd be different for F&W. I guess in the past there used to be a festival center with all the merch, but no one knows where that will be this year?

Should be in the Festival Center this year, and that is supposed to be located in the building tucked back between Canada/UK pavilions.

I’m debating on the Parisian Afternoon event for one of our F&W days... has anyone ever been to it and would you please share your thoughts? We are spending two afternoons and one evening at the festival, and that’s about the amount of time we need to check out the many booths we like to try. There are four of us (girls trip!) and we split everything so we can each taste a couple of bites of lots of things. I’m trying to decide if it’s worth taking two hours for one meal away from our traditional booth hopping. Bottomless mimosas are appealing, but I’m torn. Advice, please!
We did the Parisian Afternoon last year and it was great! You won’t be hungry for a while afterwards,

Last edited:
@ksromack ~ You’ve quoted me in error...I believe you did the Parisian Afternoon? 😉

I’m not able to fix the quote for you as it’s a ‘Restaurants’ post.

Looking for your experience....do you feel the QS DDP is worth getting for s couple on a weekend trip mainly going to be spent at the F&WF?

I understand the following:
“you can convert a Quick-Service Meal entitlement into three Snack entitlements that can be used at the Global Marketplace locationsthroughout Epcot World Showcase! Remember, if you choose to convert a Quick-Service Meal into Snack entitlements, you will not get a drink in addition to your three Snack entitlements, and you will need to use all three Snack entitlements at a single location.”

We typically do not get a DDP as we usually get TIW and will do a TS each day.

Would love to take advantage of a savings if you feel it is worth it. Also is there a list somewhere of what is considered a snack specifically for the 2019 F&WF?

Last edited:

Joey Fatone Talks Upcoming Epcot Food & Wine Festival Performances

Most of the items at the food kitchens are considered snack items. Except for the alcoholic beverages.
I was looking the other day at the 2018 items with prices from DFB’s website and they included which items qualify for a snack credit. May be worth checking out just to give you an idea of what 2019 may be like

Looking for your experience....do you feel the QS DDP is worth getting for s couple on a weekend trip mainly going to be spent at the F&WF?

I understand the following:
“you can convert a Quick-Service Meal entitlement into three Snack entitlements that can be used at the Global Marketplace locationsthroughout Epcot World Showcase! Remember, if you choose to convert a Quick-Service Meal into Snack entitlements, you will not get a drink in addition to your three Snack entitlements, and you will need to use all three Snack entitlements at a single location.”

We typically do not get a DDP as we usually get TIW and will do a TS each day.

Would love to take advantage of a savings if you feel it is worth it. Also is there a list somewhere of what is considered a snack specifically for the 2019 F&WF?

I feel like you are leaving value on the table if you use the QSDP for F&W. For example... you have to convert one QS to three snacks at the same booth, and you lose the value of the drink. Assume the three items average $6 each for $18 total value. If you used that same QS credit for a meal, the meal would probably cost $12-$15 (and some are much more!) and you would also be eligible to get a specialty or alcoholic beverage... assuming you get an alcoholic drink, that’s worth another $10-$12, so that QS credit could be worth $22-$27 instead of $18 at a booth.

Does anyone know how much that Tervis tumbler usually runs for? Also has anyone used the F&W plastic trays that they sell? It looks like a cute space saving idea if you can fit 2 booth items on it
We have the 2018 version of the trays. We also have the Tervis wine glasses. They fit perfectly if you walk with them together. The tray is a square shape measuring about 7” so it would maybe hold 2 F&W sample plates

Does anyone know how much that Tervis tumbler usually runs for? Also has anyone used the F&W plastic trays that they sell? It looks like a cute space saving idea if you can fit 2 booth items on it

So I have the tray and it was cute but actually I found it difficult with the F&W items as most came in containers and you could only really fit one on the tray due to their dimensions. I didn't get the glass but instead used the tray to hold 1 snack and 1 of the sample glasses on the plate section. It worked OK but I wont be taking it or getting another one this year. I do love using it at home though for popcorn and wine

A little less than 10 days before the start of the 2019 Epcot Food & Wine Festival! :cool1:

I am hoping they can wrap up the construction around the kiosks on the walk from Imagination to World Showcase but based on the status as of Sat, I can’t imagine (pardon the pun) that’s feasible but then again I know zero about construction. I wonder (pure speculation) if those kiosks (Wine & Dine, Chocolate, cheese studio, active eats, coastal eats, earth eats, flavors from fire) will open later on in the festival?

I read that passholders can buy a $100 festival gift card that comes with a bonus $10 gift card usable at select restaurants, including Garden Grill. I believe the notes stated this can be used along with the 10% AP discount. Does anyone know if you can also use this for an Eat to the Beat package? I wasn’t planning on getting a gift card but if I can get an extra $10 off our Garden Grill package on top of our AP discount, I’ll pick up a gift card.

So I have the tray and it was cute but actually I found it difficult with the F&W items as most came in containers and you could only really fit one on the tray due to their dimensions. I didn't get the glass but instead used the tray to hold 1 snack and 1 of the sample glasses on the plate section. It worked OK but I wont be taking it or getting another one this year. I do love using it at home though for popcorn and wine
1000% agree. I love getting them as a souvenir, but they're not useful for carrying snacks/drinks and trying to walk around at the same time. Once upon a time someone mentioned bringing a tray like you'd get from a cafeteria or QS and that seems like a better idea to me. The reason the trays don't work (for me at least) is you can't really hold them and eat at the same time, and they're so small that you can't put a bunch of items on them at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!