2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may not have any significance whatsoever but noticed today in my stalking of the site, that while listings for 2019 Culinary Tour of Japan and Hibachi experience were previously up (couldn’t click or book- just included in list of all dining), they are not listed today. Parisian breakfast, Italian lunch, French Family Meal, Mediterranean Pairing, and tequila lunch all still listed. Might have something to do with the new restaurant in Japan and perhaps they’re changing the offerings a bit? Hopefully they will still be offered in some form. I think the more offerings, the better.
Do you think this will be the extent of the offerings this year? Nothing new as of o'dark thirty this morning. I was really hoping for the Italian Beer vs Wine thing and perhaps the Parisian Afternoon but no mention of it yet. I do remember booking events that were barely announced last year that weren't bookable via website or maybe there just wasn't any info about them. It was a mess, though! I got Parisian Breakfast solo and when dh arrived we did the French Family Meal Traditions and both were very good!

We are looking at trying the Hibachi Experience this year in early/mid November depending on when we can get the special event. We have gone to the French lunch and Parisian Breakfast before (okay maybe a few times ;) and loved it, but for the first time we have DB coming with us. Has anyone tried the Hibachi Experience? lol, I keep checking back waiting for Disney to have more details and love this thread because it actually let's me have estimates of when things may get announced now with the timetable of what happened last year.

Do you think this will be the extent of the offerings this year? Nothing new as of o'dark thirty this morning. I was really hoping for the Italian Beer vs Wine thing and perhaps the Parisian Afternoon but no mention of it yet. I do remember booking events that were barely announced last year that weren't bookable via website or maybe there just wasn't any info about them. It was a mess, though! I got Parisian Breakfast solo and when dh arrived we did the French Family Meal Traditions and both were very good!

I think more will come. Hibachi and the other Japan event are on the list... the name of the event just changed from “2019 Epcot” to “Epcot...” so are further down on alphabetized list. Beer vs Wine has been super popular so I’d be surprised if it didn’t come back but of course anything is possible. They’ve always seemed to load things piecemeal. Don’t even remind me about last year - that was crazy.

We are looking at trying the Hibachi Experience this year in early/mid November depending on when we can get the special event. We have gone to the French lunch and Parisian Breakfast before (okay maybe a few times ;) and loved it, but for the first time we have DB coming with us. Has anyone tried the Hibachi Experience? lol, I keep checking back waiting for Disney to have more details and love this thread because it actually let's me have estimates of when things may get announced now with the timetable of what happened last year.

I’ve not done it but remember people raving about it. It’s on my wish list too. If I remember correctly, reservations go quickly due to a very limited # of seats. Will see if I can find reviews from last year.

Bought my MNSSHP tickets - praying there isnt a concert that I really want to see that night.... Murphy's Law ... but it would have been really tough to rearrange the party night-have to admit ,I'm a website stalker too ( is there a support group?)

Looking forward to this again this year.
Can't wait to see what wine and food pairings they have this year. Every one that we have done has been very good.
Just waiting for june to get registered.
Just disappointed that we will not be able to see Illuminations as it will be gone. Hopefully the new dhow is just as good or better.
Looking forward to the full Eat to the Beat schedule to see who is playing while we are there.

I actually think they are no longer that profitable. So they may be in danger. They rarely sell out now and cost staffing etc to run.

Agree and it's their fault. They have degraded the quality of the seminars and demos over the years. At one point, chefs were brought in from all over the country and wineries were invited from many different countries. That doesn't happen as often anymore. Most of the chefs that host the culinary demos are now from WDW restaurants and the wine tasting events are hosted by unfamiliar wineries/vineyards. I when I started attending the festivals, usually 4 to 6 seminars were scheduled per day and most were sold out. Last year that changed to two beverage seminars per day and one culinary demonstration per day. That tells me there's a loss of revenue. Also last year, all of the signature events which were held outside of Epcot were cut. Makes me wonder if the festival is now only going to focus on the marketplace kiosks and the concerts. Guess we'll find out shortly! I just hope Disney is more on the ball this year with getting information out on the special events prior to booking. That was such a mess last year.

I think more will come. Hibachi and the other Japan event are on the list... the name of the event just changed from “2019 Epcot” to “Epcot...” so are further down on alphabetized list. Beer vs Wine has been super popular so I’d be surprised if it didn’t come back but of course anything is possible. They’ve always seemed to load things piecemeal. Don’t even remind me about last year - that was crazy.

Can someone please post a link to this "list"? apparently my internet skills are lacking.....

I’ve not done it but remember people raving about it. It’s on my wish list too. If I remember correctly, reservations go quickly due to a very limited # of seats. Will see if I can find reviews from last year.

Thank you. I haven’t seen any reviews on it but the description sounds right up everyone’s alley that’s going. Wasn’t aware it was one of the harder ones to get, I appreciate the heads up.

Thank you. I haven’t seen any reviews on it but the description sounds right up everyone’s alley that’s going. Wasn’t aware it was one of the harder ones to get, I appreciate the heads up.

@Dis_Yoda did a review of the hibachi experience event last year that starts here

https://www.disboards.com/threads/“...1-20-going-home.3680844/page-16#post-60029779

And part 2 here

https://www.disboards.com/threads/“...1-20-going-home.3680844/page-16#post-60029785

If only two tables, I think that’s only ~16 people so explains why it sells out so quickly. It does sound fun!

I’ve done the event twice now - loved it both times!
I really think this looks like fun but I am allergic to shellfish and while I love me some Wagyu beef, I'm not sure this would be the event for me. Hubs is a huge griller of meat and loves scallops and other shellfish so I feel bad that he would be deprived of this. Even at our local hibachi style restaurant, they cook mine back in the kitchen so there isn't any cross contamination with shellfish. It kind of takes the fun out of the whole experience. We have ADRs at Teppan Edo in September so I expect the same will happen then.

So..it looks like there's some movement on the Disney website. No more details yet but The Eat To The Beat packages are (general listing only) on the Reservation page. This is now under the 2019 Epcot-where as for last few days,it appeared under "E" and was listed as Epcot - Also,only the Cheese seminar for festival is currently appearing( previously there were others listed) - guess there is something a shaking behind the scenes.

Last year I went in September, and they didn't have a lot of the events available on my dates. I'd love to do the Tequila lunch but it was only on like Wednesdays in September vs multiple days in November. I'm holding off on deciding dates until I see events & hotel prices. I also got a whopping $4/night discount at YC last year with my AP discount which I'm still salty about, so that's another reason to be super flexible this year!

Thank you! After reading this review, this is definitely the event we will try for, and now I just need to come up with a backup in case we aren't able to get it.

Hopefully the food selections are good this year. Excited to try something new each week.

Edit: Original post was for flower and garden festival.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter