2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
We attended the Culinary Demo on Friday...Boy was that disappointing! First, it wasn't much of a demo, it was a dish that uses Kohlrabi that they use to show off with at their theme park restaurant back home as it takes a day of prep to be used. Then they used a short cut for the filling by making a little dumpling with it and filled it with Sour Cream. I hate sour cream so that was a bust. Then there was a tiny asparagus and some wheat grass on top with a dab of coffee infused butter...Hardly a cooking demo, and a dish that was kind of a joke. The entire thing consisted of the Chef and Pam Smith telling inside jokes and palling around on stage while everyone just kind of sat in silence. After 30 minutes the last several of them showing videos of her restaurant back in Denmark we just got up and left. Total waste of time.

Yes Pam thinks you came to see her and you should be so happy to see her. Some of us quit going because we had enough at the Pam act . And now that they aren’t even cooking it sounds like it’s a total waste

We attended the Culinary Demo on Friday...Boy was that disappointing! First, it wasn't much of a demo, it was a dish that uses Kohlrabi that they use to show off with at their theme park restaurant back home as it takes a day of prep to be used. Then they used a short cut for the filling by making a little dumpling with it and filled it with Sour Cream. I hate sour cream so that was a bust. Then there was a tiny asparagus and some wheat grass on top with a dab of coffee infused butter...Hardly a cooking demo, and a dish that was kind of a joke. The entire thing consisted of the Chef and Pam Smith telling inside jokes and palling around on stage while everyone just kind of sat in silence. After 30 minutes the last several of them showing videos of her restaurant back in Denmark we just got up and left. Total waste of time.
We haven't enjoy the "hosted" demos at Food and Wine for a few years. There are far too many inside jokes, paired with lengthy off topic discussion. I wish Disney would instruct the current host to introduce the guest and sit down.

It's time to start training a few new hosts. Rotate the job.

Yes Pam thinks you came to see her and you should be so happy to see her. Some of us quit going because we had enough at the Pam act . And now that they aren’t even cooking it sounds like it’s a total waste
I forgot to mention something hilarious about the Robert Irvine event I attended. Pam Smith mentioned that Robert would be back on Sunday for the brunch, and explained that she would be having an extended conversation with Robert during that event.

Robert pipes in and says she is like Oprah... except Pam doesn't even need Robert. She would probably prefer to just interview herself!

I almost lost it.

I'm glad you asked. There is a Cookbook for Disney Festivals, but the copyright is 2018. Nine recipes from Food & Wine. [My son's picture is on the third set of pages under the Woody topiary photo in the Flower & Garden section. Page 51 if any one is interested. :teeth:]

Do you happen to know which nine recipes are included? I went to F&W with my mom and uncle a few weeks ago, and meant to look at the cookbook as a gift for my mom, but of course I forgot. TIA!

Do you happen to know which nine recipes are included? I went to F&W with my mom and uncle a few weeks ago, and meant to look at the cookbook as a gift for my mom, but of course I forgot. TIA!
Tropical Mimosas
Guiness Baileys Milkshake
Beef and Mushroom Burger
Charred Skirt Steak
New Brunswick Slider
Jerk Chicken
Squash Ravioli
Active Eats Energy Bar Bites
Berry Almond Sorbet

@vinotinto I'd like to hear your review on PFTS
It was fantastic! I just got back home and will put together a report. I have a few pics. I had been hemming and hawing about going, and I’m glad we decided to go. The food was overall very good. Tastings were individually plated and most had a very nice presentation. Tons of wine samples offered. We found many delicious ones that we would totally purchase. Entertainment was great (Femmes of Rock). 80’s hard rock played with 4 violinists.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

We have been going to food & wine for years and the one word we have for this year is....disappointed! The wine and beer pours were really small for the price ...most of the merchandise was very pink oriented (for example there were tons of the spirit jersey available) ...and we found the CM’s at the booths less than enthusiastic. Agree with other post that the Mac and cheese was a little salty and the pumpkin chai frozen cocktail has been changed from a couple years ago and no longer my favorite drink.

On the positive side....the frozen rose’ and arendelle aqua lemonade were fantastic! The filet in Canada and the cheese studio beef stroganoff and noodles were top notch.

As a Dooney bourke fan another disappointment was there were no food and wine totes available in the park, only online and they offer no dvc discount with the online orders. If you are a Dooney fan there are plenty of the smaller satchel and wallet and/or crossbody available at mouse gear.

With a lot of schools having a fall break it was pretty crowded during the week of 7-13 Oct (all the parks!) and the Columbus Day weekend was INSANE!

Two more weeks! I normally go over Columbus Day weekend but I've finally had enough of the crazy crowds (and heat), so I'm hoping that bumping it back a bit gives a break from the insanity. I can't eat cheddar cheese soup when it's 100 degrees out!!

Has anyone done the Candy Sushi making this year? I know it's different than in past years (and costs money!) so I can't go on past events. I know in the past, parents were allowed to sit behind and help their kids but when I booked it, the cast member told me I needed a ticket to help my three year old. Can anyone verify this? I would rather cancel my ticket because I won't have time to work on my own anyway. Thanks!

Has anyone done the Candy Sushi making this year? I know it's different than in past years (and costs money!) so I can't go on past events. I know in the past, parents were allowed to sit behind and help their kids but when I booked it, the cast member told me I needed a ticket to help my three year old. Can anyone verify this? I would rather cancel my ticket because I won't have time to work on my own anyway. Thanks!
My DD12 and I did it together this past Sunday. I think you do need a ticket if he's going to need any help from you. The chairs are right next to each other in one long L-shaped table, (they almost touch), so to be able to help him you would need a chair next to him, otherwise you would basically be sitting on some kids' lap. There weren't any chairs behind where we were sitting (we had the Living with the Land queau right behind us), but I think there may have been chairs behind the other section of the "L".

If he could do it completely independently, you could just hang out behind or in the area. But, if he needs help (which I would guess he might if he's 3), you would need to be in the chair next to him to be able to help him.

Last edited:
Yes. But much fewer than in years past. We usually enjoy the wine shop. It’s a miss not having a dedicated space to the wines/merchandise/events.

The place where they have that future of Epcot display would have been perfect

Been to wdw over 50 times & first time doing f & w 😳😳 we had the best time & best food!! It was 6 of us & this is going to b our annual thing now🍷
This past sat was a down pour in the am but we were prepared with rain jackets & Uber drop off, it turned out to b the prettiest, breezist day🌴

Attachments

• 49803D05-7FF4-4CC8-A0FF-274815C5ADE7.jpeg
    49803D05-7FF4-4CC8-A0FF-274815C5ADE7.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 790994EB-5AB6-4A17-9AC6-56CEBD836F86.jpeg
    790994EB-5AB6-4A17-9AC6-56CEBD836F86.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 20D255ED-5241-4D02-9B5C-CEAAE5A34E4E.jpeg
    20D255ED-5241-4D02-9B5C-CEAAE5A34E4E.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 40
  • B75240AC-4EEF-4CED-B43D-07EC49644A01.jpeg
    B75240AC-4EEF-4CED-B43D-07EC49644A01.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 3713EEA2-ECA6-4E25-B89E-983BB7A4BE19.jpeg
    3713EEA2-ECA6-4E25-B89E-983BB7A4BE19.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 65F90915-1DFE-46BF-B833-DB5C387817B4.jpeg
    65F90915-1DFE-46BF-B833-DB5C387817B4.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 44BB1D08-AD3D-477F-A1D8-20E1C9E9CFAC.jpeg
    44BB1D08-AD3D-477F-A1D8-20E1C9E9CFAC.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 38
  • E9A4D028-B743-4A39-9003-EE108812D63D.jpeg
    E9A4D028-B743-4A39-9003-EE108812D63D.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 38
  • B0FF7091-3E01-4993-9A6E-76A1CF08C54C.jpeg
    B0FF7091-3E01-4993-9A6E-76A1CF08C54C.jpeg
    115.1 KB · Views: 37
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter