2019 Fiscal Q1 Disney Earnings Report

I think for most people a typical vacation is a week, so if they can keep you at Disney for that entire week vs doing 3-4 days at Disney a 3-4 days at Universal (or whatever) Disney wants that - so I think that is why the price increase for additional days after like 5 is so small (relatively speaking)

No doubt about it.

I always think that but then am surprised by the amount of people that just go for one day while they are in Florida or something - so while the % of DISers that go for one day is, I would guess, very low - out of everyone that goes I suspect is it much higher than we might think.

Obviously anecdotal but I just saw a post in a Facebook group saying "We will be going to magic kingdom only & for one day. My kids are 5&6. Must do's and must eats?"

Without using google, I'm willing to bet that the average vacation duration is less than a week (i.e. less than a week away from home) for the average American citizen. On top of that, I bet the average stay at Disney is 5 days 4 nights and not 7 days 6 nights.

Without using google, I'm willing to bet that the average vacation duration is less than a week (i.e. less than a week away from home) for the average American citizen. On top of that, I bet the average stay at Disney is 5 days 4 nights and not 7 days 6 nights.
That’s probably true which means Disney doesn’t want those people leaving and going elsewhere when they on avengers only have them for 5 days.

The thing to also consider is that by raising pricing to a certain level, weeds out a demographic that might be less likely to spend money in parks. Now if you have a limited capacity, you need to make sure the people that enter the park are spending the money when they get there. Ultimately your attendees have more value to you if they aren't brown bagging their lunch etc. The key is getting the free spending people in house.

I think this would backfire. It's not a good look for Disney - it would prove they only care about money and nothing else. Many people with money still have morals/values and care about the company morals behind where they spend their money.

I always think that but then am surprised by the amount of people that just go for one day while they are in Florida or something - so while the % of DISers that go for one day is, I would guess, very low - out of everyone that goes I suspect is it much higher than we might think.

Obviously anecdotal but I just saw a post in a Facebook group saying "We will be going to magic kingdom only & for one day. My kids are 5&6. Must do's and must eats?"

Yes. I see this a lot on other boards and in real life. Friends are in Florida right now. Only doing one day at MK.

That’s probably true which means Disney doesn’t want those people leaving and going elsewhere when they on avengers only have them for 5 days.

Like others are saying, there are a lot of 1 day only people too. I know when I was a kid and the family was down to visit my grand parents we did 1 day at the MK and then family stuff and a few other touristy things down there. The second time we went down we did 2 days. But that's late 80s early 90s.

I just remembered, my name is on one of those bricks in front of the MK entrance somewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter