2019 Free Dining - anyone booked a trip yet?

Terrarankin

Earning My Ears
I cant book at the moment because a) my husband's work does not start booking fall holidays until the end of this month....it's never a guarantee that we will get what we want and b) because Southwest only has flights until the beginning of August - we want to go mid to end of September.
I usually plan my trip around flight prices. I can usually get a round trip per person for $200USD (4 of us)
I keep checking everyday, the dates we want to go and resort (Coranado standard room) are still available but I know how quickly they book up...

Waiting is killing me! And I only have until Feb 10th to book!

I'm hoping to book next week, but looking at the room discount, with Canadian discount tickets, rather than free dining. Works out to a better price for me and kiddo. Plus I want to stay at Beach or Yacht Club and only want quick service dining plan, I hate having to plan so many meals!

I'm hoping to book next week, but looking at the room discount, with Canadian discount tickets, rather than free dining. Works out to a better price for me and kiddo. Plus I want to stay at Beach or Yacht Club and only want quick service dining plan, I hate having to plan so many meals!

Awesome! I tried pricing the two different packages out and I found with the free dining i was saving about $700 for the four of us. I also find I like the quick service better because the Disney dining plan is just way too much food for us. I will just pick a few of my favourite restaurants and pay out-of-pocket for that

Looking at this years offer to get an idea for next summer as we're planning on adding a few Disney days after a cruise. Am disappointed that the min stay is 4 days as we'd do 3 nights.
Terrankin, sounds like you're getting really good savings! That's great.

I had a bounceback booked for a family suite at all stars with free dining but last night I just happened to check prices and if I pushed our trip back 2 months and because my adult son had to cancel I was able to book my first deluxe at contemporary with free dining and the canadian ticket discount. It only cost 1000 dollars more than the suite plus we added on an extra night and because it's deluxe our dining package was upgraded to the disney dining instead of quick service. So 5 of us 4 disney adults and an 8 year old are staying for 8 nights with free dining for 6200. Before we upgraded it was a savings of about 1500 because we had 5 disney adults. Now we about break even with the dining plan but my kids are big eaters so I don't mind.

I've never stayed in a deluxe so this was a good option for us.

You can booked the canadian discount tickets with free dining.

Did you have to call? When I try online it gives me the full price tickets with free dining. It costs over $1000 more that way (and because I'm looking at Deluxe it gives me the regular dining plan while I only want the quick service). Same hotel, dates, tickets and type of room.

Did you have to call? When I try online it gives me the full price tickets with free dining. It costs over $1000 more that way (and because I'm looking at Deluxe it gives me the regular dining plan while I only want the quick service). Same hotel, dates, tickets and type of room.
I was able to see it on the website because I priced it out before I called. Make sure your country is set to Canada. I ended up calling because I was changing an existing bounceback. I use google hangouts dialer to call though so it's free.

What is this magic you speak of? You can book free dining and get Canadian discounted tickets applied as well?... I booked free dining but am not sure if I got the Canadian discounted tickets as well. How would I check that?

I was unable to book this online. Maybe if I phoned in. I have a bounceback trip booked but if I could get the Canada tickets it would work out cheaper even though I would saving the tickets for the future because we have annual passes through the end of Sept 19.

I was unable to book this online. Maybe if I phoned in. I have a bounceback trip booked but if I could get the Canada tickets it would work out cheaper even though I would saving the tickets for the future because we have annual passes through the end of Sept 19.
I'd call to get a quote

Dd22 booked with her boyfriend and they are staying at Pop in August. She’s super excited!

I just called, and the first agent said she had applied the 2 discounts,but I was not able to retrieve the cart ID number, and the second agent said we could not use 2 promotions at the same time. :guilty: They both quoted approximetely the same amount. Hope everyone gets better luck than me !
It's still a good offer, but I'm not sure about booking.

We are staying at AKL during free dining so I can attend the DIS Pandora party (for once the party is when we are already in FL for our beach vacation -- our beach rental ends August 10, the day of the party) but not with free dining! Because we are planning only 2 nights and no park, free dining is not an option. I booked the Dreams Unlimited group rate instead since parking is free and ends up slightly cheaper than the room-only promo.

I don't think you can get free dining plus Canadian discounted tickets. If you look at the free dining packages with your country set to "Canada" and then compare it to country set as "US" and they're the exact same price.

We booked from September 29 to October 6 and got free dining(we upgraded to th Dining plan) at the CBR for 5 people. Total cost was around 5400us plus we got flights on Air Transat for under 300can each. Super excited to be going as are the grandkids.

I don't think you can get free dining plus Canadian discounted tickets. If you look at the free dining packages with your country set to "Canada" and then compare it to country set as "US" and they're the exact same price.
The real test is asking someone who is actually in the states to price out exactly the same trip and see what price they get. I did this with a friend the first year these tickets were available and my package was in fact including the discounted ticket price AND the discounted rooms

The real test is asking someone who is actually in the states to price out exactly the same trip and see what price they get. I did this with a friend the first year these tickets were available and my package was in fact including the discounted ticket price AND the discounted rooms
Haven't you always been able to get a discounted room with the discounted Canadian tickets though? Just not free dining.

I was able to see it on the website because I priced it out before I called. Make sure your country is set to Canada. I ended up calling because I was changing an existing bounceback. I use google hangouts dialer to call though so it's free.

So, on the website you had the option of booking Canadian tickets under the free dining package promotion? I know that when you book the fun and sun room discount, it defaults to the Canadian tickets, but when you change it to free dining it defaults back to the regularly priced tickets.

I know anything is possible when you talk to a CM and book through them. But if there is a way to see the Canadian discount online with the free dining that we don't know about. Please tell us, so we can book it with two discounts too! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter