2019 Free Dining - anyone booked a trip yet?

So, on the website you had the option of booking Canadian tickets under the free dining package promotion? I know that when you book the fun and sun room discount, it defaults to the Canadian tickets, but when you change it to free dining it defaults back to the regularly priced tickets.

I know anything is possible when you talk to a CM and book through them. But if there is a way to see the Canadian discount online with the free dining that we don't know about. Please tell us, so we can book it with two discounts too! :teeth:
I just did what I normally do when checking the prices and saw the CAD next to the tickets and then when I called in and the cm said they were adding the Canadian ticket offer the prices were the same in the end. I didn't do anything special.

I just did what I normally do when checking the prices and saw the CAD next to the tickets and then when I called in and the cm said they were adding the Canadian ticket offer the prices were the same in the end. I didn't do anything special.

Okay. Thanks for the response.
No luck for me though. As I said, I can see the Canadian ticket offer for room discounts, but not for free dining.

I booked the day it came out on a whim lol I said we weren't going this year, But I was booking some others and say the hell with it, we are going too.
We are booked Sept 30- Oct 12 , Pop Century

I was able to see it on the website because I priced it out before I called. Make sure your country is set to Canada. I ended up calling because I was changing an existing bounceback. I use google hangouts dialer to call though so it's free.

Would it be possible for you to kindly post a screen shot of the page where you see the Canadian tickets as part of the free dining package?

Would it be possible for you to kindly post a screen shot of the page where you see the Canadian tickets as part of the free dining package?
OK, so this isn't exactly the "free dining" offer BUT i pieced it together using the Sun & Fun RO offer, CDN tickets and adding the dining plan .. here's the comparison for you!! ** I just picked the first dates that popped up for the Free Dining at the first resort i saw and then used the same dates: July 5th - 10th
Tagging everyone who was wondering about combining 2 discounts ... you can pick any level of dining BTW

@hdrolfe , @Rileygirl @gskywalker @Tinetine @StarSeven7 @Disneylover99
upload_2019-1-15_12-56-43.png

Last edited:
Interesting. That's not much of a price difference! I have Yacht Club booked with the Fun & Sun rate, and CDN tickets, as well as quick service. When I compare to the free dining, which has the regular plan free, the difference is much bigger. I'm happy enough with the rate any way, and only want the quick service plan.

Interesting. That's not much of a price difference! I have Yacht Club booked with the Fun & Sun rate, and CDN tickets, as well as quick service. When I compare to the free dining, which has the regular plan free, the difference is much bigger. I'm happy enough with the rate any way, and only want the quick service plan.
Nope, and we discovered 2 years ago (Waaahh thanks Facebook for showing me all my memories -- NOT) that you could book more resorts by piecing it together than using the Free Dining offer (Think it was Stay Play & Dine??). Our girls wanted to stay at Pop Century and that wasn't a resort offered but piecing it together let us chose that and even with adding in the full dining plan it came out around $200 cheaper than free dining at Music!

OK, so this isn't exactly the "free dining" offer BUT i pieced it together using the Sun & Fun RO offer, CDN tickets and adding the dining plan .. here's the comparison for you!! ** I just picked the first dates that popped up for the Free Dining at the first resort i saw and then used the same dates: July 5th - 10th
Tagging everyone who was wondering about combining 2 discounts ... you can pick any level of dining BTW

@hdrolfe , @Rileygirl @gskywalker @Tinetine @StarSeven7 @Disneylover99
View attachment 375749

I'm assuming since it's a king bed that this is based on tickets, meals and occupancy for two? I know when I priced out a standard at CS for my family of four with the two offers, the fd was significantly a better deal.

I'm assuming since it's a king bed that this is based on tickets, meals and occupancy for two? I know when I priced out a standard at CS for my family of four with the two offers, the fd was significantly a better deal.
Yes, sorry about that, i was just trying to show that it is possible to build a plan with more than one discount applied and once again, then you need to use Disney Math to determine which option is best for your family

Yes, sorry about that, i was just trying to show that it is possible to build a plan with more than one discount applied and once again, then you need to use Disney Math to determine which option is best for your family
Right. There is an option to combine the Canadian tickets with a room discount, but there doesn't appear to be an option to combine the Canadian tickets with the free dining. This is what some of us are wondering about.

Last edited:
We used the Stay Play Dine in 2016 and it worked in our favour but in 2018 CAD ticket discount, Room Discount was the better deal for us

This year we are getting the following
3A 1C - Pop Century - 8 nights & 8 days Hopper QSDP

Free Dining - $3,685.89 (US)
Fun & Sun - $4,419.46 (US)

Free Dining never seems to work out for us which is why I was so surprised that this one did

On Free Dining I always thought the wording "Non-Discounted Vacation Package" blew the combining with CAD discount out the water but would be happy to proven wrong

If the price was the same, then I think they wouldn't be the discounted tickets as that doesn't make sense unless I am missing something? I phoned in and they kept saying it was the same price, which meant that they are not giving the discounted CDN tickets to me as it would have been $700 or so cheaper for the package. I was on the phone for more than an hour, spoke to two cast members and guest services all three of them, said yes you have CDN tickets, but it is the same price.

Last edited:
If the price was the same, then they wouldn't be the discounted tickets? I phoned in and they kept saying it was the same price, which meant that they are not giving the discounted CDN tickets to me as it would have been $700 or so cheaper for the package. I was on the phone for more than an hour, spoke to two cast members and guest services all three of them, said yes you have CDN tickets, but it is the same price.
Ok

Sorry EllBell, does that mean your experience was the same? I didn't want to challenge them other than to say someone on a group said they got the free dining with CDN tickets. Just trying to make sure I am understanding "the cm said they were adding the Canadian ticket offer the prices were the same in the end", you wrote above? So they said the price was the same whether they put through free dining or free dining with the CDN ticket offer? If you got the cheaper price tickets, I am not sure how to do it because all three CM's I spoke to said they only have to option to select the tickets as is? thanks

Sorry EllBell, does that mean your experience was the same? I didn't want to challenge them other than to say someone on a group said they got the free dining with CDN tickets. Just trying to make sure I am understanding "the cm said they were adding the Canadian ticket offer the prices were the same in the end", you wrote above? So they said the price was the same whether they put through free dining or free dining with the CDN ticket offer? If you got the cheaper price tickets, I am not sure how to do it because all three CM's I spoke to said they only have to option to select the tickets as is? thanks
When I did the quote that showed the canadian ticket prices online with free dining the price matched what they told me over the phone.

ellbell indicated clearly that "You can booked the canadian discount tickets with free dining". The key word here is "discount", because every package sold to a Canadian is said to come with "Canadian tickets" that are most of the times same price as the regular tickets. Not to doubt ellbell's statement or the fact that this indeed worked out for ellbell as described (i.e. getting the Cdn DISCOUNT tickets + free dining, both on the website and through speaking to the CM), I've come to the conclusion after multiple days of checking the website and speaking to various CMs (including supervisors) that Disney does not allow the stacking of Cdn discount tickets with free dining. Not surprising at all since it's always been the policy. The fact that ellbell somehow got the discount tickets as well as free dining is great and unprecedented, but won't help the rest of us unless she's gracious enough to post a screenshot showing the discount ticket prices plus free dining as one package. Even then, Disney probably won't allow the rest of us piggy back on her success.

Last edited:
ellbell indicated clearly that "You can booked the canadian discount tickets with free dining". The key word here is "discount", because every package sold to a Canadian is said to come with "Canadian tickets" that are most of the times same price as the regular tickets. Not to doubt ellbell's statement or the fact that this indeed worked out for ellbell as described (i.e. getting the Cdn DISCOUNT tickets + free dining, both on the website and through speaking to the CM), I've come to the conclusion after multiple days of checking the website and speaking to various CMs (including supervisors) that Disney does not allow the stacking of Cdn discount tickets with free dining. Not surprising at all since it's always been the policy. The fact that ellbell somehow got the discount tickets as well as free dining is great and unprecedented, but won't help the rest of us unless she's gracious enough to post a screenshot showing the discount ticket prices plus free dining as one package. Even then, Disney probably won't allow the rest of us piggy back on her success.

Yup you said it, I thought about asking for her confirmation number to have the cast members figure it out that way, but that would be invasive, plus as you said "Disney probably won't allow the rest of us piggy back on her success". Either it is a misunderstanding of words or she will be the one and only to luck out. Bright side for me is I won't be using the tickets before the expire anyway, so I was just trying to save myself from having $100-$150 a person times 7 in their hands until I use the ticket credit sometime in the future.

Yup you said it, I thought about asking for her confirmation number to have the cast members figure it out that way, but that would be invasive, plus as you said "Disney probably won't allow the rest of us piggy back on her success". Either it is a misunderstanding of words or she will be the one and only to luck out. Bright side for me is I won't be using the tickets before the expire anyway, so I was just trying to save myself from having $100-$150 a person times 7 in their hands until I use the ticket credit sometime in the future.
I would never give out my confirmation regardless. I also won't be posting a screen shot of my confirmation. Both requests are invasive and ridiculous. I'm sorry that it hasn't worked out for you anyone else to get them and I don't give a rat's *** if no one believes that I did. I know what I got. Personally I fell the messages in this threat have turned into not so subtle shade being thrown my way. But it is what is is.

I would never give out my confirmation regardless. I also won't be posting a screen shot of my confirmation. Both requests are invasive and ridiculous.

Agreed.

I'm sorry that it hasn't worked out for you anyone else to get them and I don't give a rat's *** if no one believes that I did. I know what I got.

If somebody posts that they did something on these boards, I’ve got no reason to doubt them. I believe you got the FD with the Canadian ticket deal if you say you did. I get the impression everyone else on this thread believes you too. Sometimes I think people get access to different sites, pages, etc....on MDE that other people can’t always access. Call it a glitch or whatever. But your deal hasn’t been possible for anyone else that I’m aware of. Thus, the questions. We just want a great deal too. :)

Personally I fell the messages in this threat have turned into not so subtle shade being thrown my way. But it is what is is.

Sorry you feel that way. Maybe I’m just speaking for myself, but I don’t think that was anyone’s intention. We want proof, cause we want in on the action.

Haha, I hear you, gotta do what you can to keep each dollar from the mouse (even if it's inevitable at the end) ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter