2019 Holiday Time at DLR Superthread: 11/08/19 - 1/06/20!

Thank you theluckyrabbit for this information. I will keep in mind we could run into filming any time and any where during or trip. Sorry to be slow but still do not understand about the parade filming. With the 13th and 14th reported as parade filming days, how do they do that when a parade is not on the schedule? Is the parade filming not done during a live parade?
Let's try asking @GatorChris since he was actually there for a parade filming: Hey, Chris, can you chime in with a description of what it was like to watch the parade taping and how the timing worked? TIA!

Sorry for the delay. I haven't checked back in a few days. The parade will happen very slowly. It won't be flying by and done in 10 minutes. It will take 3-4 hours to film. They stop frequently and often back up a float to do the shot again. And for the live sequences, they'll film those 2 or 3 times, asking the crowd to cheer them on with the same enthusiasm. Overall, it's pretty fun to watch them do it. If park time is important to you, don't wait around for this. But if you'd like a shot at being on TV on Christmas day and maybe meet a few Hollywood stars like we did, find a spot near the neck of Main Street and the first entrance roundabout.

Sorry for the delay. I haven't checked back in a few days. The parade will happen very slowly. It won't be flying by and done in 10 minutes. It will take 3-4 hours to film. They stop frequently and often back up a float to do the shot again. And for the live sequences, they'll film those 2 or 3 times, asking the crowd to cheer them on with the same enthusiasm. Overall, it's pretty fun to watch them do it. If park time is important to you, don't wait around for this. But if you'd like a shot at being on TV on Christmas day and maybe meet a few Hollywood stars like we did, find a spot near the neck of Main Street and the first entrance roundabout.
I'm kind of nervous as to how this will affect the walk-ability of the park during the filming time. Main street and the other areas on the parade route get soooooo messed up even on a regular day. I'll be there the 11th-15th, so we'll have some days without parade filming, but we might have to completely avoid the route and spend a lot of our time over at DCA if that's the case.

Did anyone else get into the Disney Parks Blog event on November 12th?? I lucked out and must have gotten some of the last spots because my friends checked immediately after and registration was closed. I'm so excited!
Congrats! Have fun and report back on how the event went! We've done WOC events with the Parks Blog, and they're super fun. Have a wonderful time!

I'm kind of nervous as to how this will affect the walk-ability of the park during the filming time. Main street and the other areas on the parade route get soooooo messed up even on a regular day. I'll be there the 11th-15th, so we'll have some days without parade filming, but we might have to completely avoid the route and spend a lot of our time over at DCA if that's the case.
We are there the exact same days and I am also worried. Right now the 14 and 15th are in a kind of limbo because of the filming, plus the 14th there is the DVC party at DCA - they can start coming in to the park at 6PM. Now there is the Disney blog event at DCA on the 12th. I booked WoC dessert party on the 13th which seems to be the only party sold out for our dates - even the 11th has availability!

Congrats! Have fun and report back on how the event went! We've done WOC events with the Parks Blog, and they're super fun. Have a wonderful time!

Thank you !! I've never been this lucky and no idea what to expect but I'm ready for this and actually love WOC Season of Light so this is even more special. It just so happened it fell on our last full day and likely our only holiday season trip so I plan to make the most of it :)

You didn't hear this from me, but if it comes down to how your son stands, then an inconspicuous sock folded up and put in the heel of the shoe may get him that extra 1/4" needed.
This reminds me of a situation that happened to our family several years ago. My DS11 really wanted his 5 year old sister to be able to ride Screamin'. Before the trip I told him to put a couple napkins in her shoes. When we lined up for the ride, I had forgotten all about my advice, but my son didn't, so he place a couple of napkins under her heel. Only problem was, she was wearing flip flops. DH and I had a good laugh, took them out, and she still hit the height no problem.

Now I know why it took them so long to publish the food guide... they had to find out how to write an „ö“ :rotfl: ( for the Kölsch and the Einstök Arctic Pale Ale)

To be honest there isn’t much I „have to“ try out... lots of interesting stuff and it surly looks delicious and tempting...but almost every dish has one „main component“ I don’t really like... But I have more than enough on my food wishlist anyways, so I am actually not complaining. Saves money and calories... more churros, tiggertails and corndogs for me... win-win...:mickeybar

Now I know why it took them so long to publish the food guide... they had to find out how to write an „ö“ :rotfl: ( for the Kölsch and the Einstök Arctic Pale Ale)

To be honest there isn’t much I „have to“ try out... lots of interesting stuff and it surly looks delicious and tempting...but almost every dish has one „main component“ I don’t really like... But I have more than enough on my food wishlist anyways, so I am actually not complaining. Saves money and calories... more churros, tiggertails and corndogs for me... win-win...:mickeybar
I mean, that’s just the Festival of Holidays stuff! They haven’t even released Disneyland’s treats yet!

With Disneyland’s treats as well there’s just too much goodness. God I love this time of year!
I’m going to have to go several times each week we’re in town in order to eat all the things I want. 🐷

Of course, the week we’re out of town is to go on a Disney cruise, so I can’t really complain about missing Disney that week.😉

This is our first time going during the holidays with the Festival of Holidays at DCA...is it set up similar to the Food and Wine Festival in the spring (with various booths set up for some of treats/drinks, etc.)? I wasn’t sure how it works during Christmas time. So excited...our trip is 12/14-15!

This is our first time going during the holidays with the Festival of Holidays at DCA...is it set up similar to the Food and Wine Festival in the spring (with various booths set up for some of treats/drinks, etc.)? I wasn’t sure how it works during Christmas time. So excited...our trip is 12/14-15!
Yes, it’s just like Food and Wine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter