2019 Holiday Time at DLR Superthread: 11/08/19 - 1/06/20!

We are there the exact same days and I am also worried. Right now the 14 and 15th are in a kind of limbo because of the filming, plus the 14th there is the DVC party at DCA - they can start coming in to the park at 6PM. Now there is the Disney blog event at DCA on the 12th. I booked WoC dessert party on the 13th which seems to be the only party sold out for our dates - even the 11th has availability!
I guess it'll just be a matter of getting there early, MaxPassin' it, and staying mostly from open to close to get the most out of what we want to do.

You guys know anything about the pass they mention? And does this run til Jan 6? I’m so excited-I’d eat and drink almost every damn thing on that list.
If it’s like it has been in the past, the pass with be a plastic card that has 8 “tabs” on the edge. Each tab can be exchanged for one (non alcoholic) item from any stand.

The pass is usually priced to provide a small discount over buying 8 items individually, although how much you save will depend on the regular price of the items you get. You can maximize the savings by using your tabs on more expensive items.

If it’s like it has been in the past, the pass with be a plastic card that has 8 “tabs” on the edge. Each tab can be exchanged for one (non alcoholic) item from any stand.

The pass is usually priced to provide a small discount over buying 8 items individually, although how much you save will depend on the regular price of the items you get. You can maximize the savings by using your tabs on more expensive items.
Can I share the card with my daughter?

Can I share the card with my daughter?
Yes and you don't have to use all 8 tabs in one day. You can use over the course of the holiday season. Just don't rip the tabs off before you get the item. For Food and Wine I didn't use all of mine and couldn't make it back to the parks, and let my coworker who has a pass use the last 2 tabs to get things.

Also to add for people that go in groups or large families. The Sip and Savor pass is expensive, BUT, if you split the price with a group, each person can pick a couple items they want.

For those hitting the Festival of Holidays this weekend, if someone could post photos of the allergy/GF/vegan/etc. food guide, it would be greatly appreciated! TIA!

On the Disney Food Blog site they mentioned that there is an AP Discount, but not how much it is. Without that, the price for this pass is $54, making it $6.75 per tab. Meaning that to get a savings, you should use it only on items $7 or more. Each stand will have 1-2 items in that category at most, and I think some will have none.

If the AP discount is say $2, then you benefit by using the coupons on items $6.75 or above.

On the Disney Food Blog site they mentioned that there is an AP Discount, but not how much it is. Without that, the price for this pass is $54, making it $6.75 per tab. Meaning that to get a savings, you should use it only on items $7 or more. Each stand will have 1-2 items in that category at most, and I think some will have none.

If the AP discount is say $2, then you benefit by using the coupons on items $6.75 or above.
I'm not sure about this year's pass price, but this popped up on my Instagram

$5 discount for APs.

So I know that its been posted about the filming on the 13-14. Is it best to just stay in the back of the park and avoid main street area for those few hours or go to DCA until filming is done?

Hi All,

We are heading to Disneyland on December 6-7 (California Adventure on the 6th and Disneyland on the 7th). We are excited about the Candlelight Processional, although it is something we hadn't heard of before planning for this trip. From what I understand, the Park is moving the Parades to 12:45 and 3:15. From last year's posts, it seems that the CP starts about 5. So, it seems like it would be best to camp out by the Fire Station for the Parade and then stay for the CP? Any insight would be appreciated!

On another note, my DW really wants to watch the Parade "at night", so another option would be to get Park Hopper tickets to see the Friday Parade at 6 (but I'm not sure it's worth the extra 220 to convert our family's tickets to Park Hopper just for the night Parade). We do have World of Color Dessert reservations at 9:30 in California Adventure, but I don't see how that would be a problem. So, I guess the question is whether it would be worth it to see the Holiday Parade at night.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter