2019 Holiday Time at DLR Superthread: 11/08/19 - 1/06/20!

Thank you! If we were planning on staking out a place for the second processional, where would be a good place to stake out a spot for two adults and two kids?
Hi, I watched the second CP last year on Sunday. I lined up on Main Street right when the FIRST show started - I lurked around the Emporium until the choirs passed, and then they started a line. So, I listened to the whole first show from there. Then, after the first show, they clear the area and we went up and got a spot behind the chairs on the right, so the City Hall side. There might be better places to aim for, but it was my first time and I figured if we were behind the chairs, we’d have a good sight line.

You are standing for a LONG time- like, about five hours by the time it’s done. From what I saw, it’s too crowded for anyone, even kids, to sit while waiting. So be prepared for that - I wore ballet flats and wished I’d put on my comfiest, cushiest tennis shoes!

51AC1537-9698-4590-B183-2A14EB6A7956.jpeg
waiting on Main Street during the first show

912E3D72-26E4-4B87-88FC-3735A48CD819.jpeg
Our spot

9F5357F2-3A42-4D4B-9B43-366FA162AB4F.jpeg
choirs

B24707C9-E66E-4C23-A895-1A6FC244DB9A.jpeg
Sideways Chris Pratt

Hi, I watched the second CP last year on Sunday. I lined up on Main Street right when the FIRST show started - I lurked around the Emporium until the choirs passed, and then they started a line. So, I listened to the whole first show from there. Then, after the first show, they clear the area and we went up and got a spot behind the chairs on the right, so the City Hall side. There might be better places to aim for, but it was my first time and I figured if we were behind the chairs, we’d have a good sight line.

Ha! I was doing the same thing on the opposite side at the same performance!
This is from my position in line.

And here's the view I ended up with
Blurry Chris Pratt

Candy Cane dates announced:
DL: 11/29 & 12/2,4,6,9,11,13,16,18,20,24
DCA: 11/30 & 12/3,5,7,10,12,14,17,19,21,25

Anyone know how the Candy Cane line works on the 24th and 25th. I could be mistaken but it seems like they have EMH/MM both days at both parks according to the historical hour charts? I don't want to waste that in line but love the idea of getting a candy cane. We will have one EMH with our 4 day hopper. Any advice?

Popcorn bucket info Per Gothic Rosie:
The Christmas tree buckets won’t go on sale until they sell out of last years Pluto bucket. Not sure how much Pluto is.

The alien pajama bucket is the only alien bucket sold in DCA. $20

the alien pajama one AND the one from last year is being sold in Tomorrowland.

Does anyone know when Disney Floral will have the full Christmas range available? I have never really paid much attention to when all of the Christmas items are loaded.
Thanks

I don't like the red as well as the blue from previous years.

47396732_10218056678792077_4359334695259865088_n.jpg

Thanks for this. Have you see these times posted anywhere for this year? I have read from previous years 5:30 and 8:00. Hoping to confirm.
It had been 530 and 8, but last year (and maybe the year before) they moved it to 745. The info I have for this year says 530p and 745p. It is not posted publicly.

This is the clip I have:
Saturday, December 7, 2019
5:30 p.m. & 7:45 p.m.

Sunday, December 8, 2019
5:30 p.m. & 7:45 p.m.

Last edited:
Popcorn bucket info Per Gothic Rosie:
The Christmas tree buckets won’t go on sale until they sell out of last years Pluto bucket. Not sure how much Pluto is.

The alien pajama bucket is the only alien bucket sold in DCA. $20

the alien pajama one AND the one from last year is being sold in Tomorrowland.

Updated info is the Christmas Tree bucket is at the hub ONLY , across from Jolly Holiday.
I arrive tomorrow around noon and going hunting lol.

Has anyone watched CP when in an ECV or wheelchair? Since everyone else is standing, I’m wondering if it’s even worth it to try. I don’t remember hearing any details about a dedicated ECV/wheelchair area.

Has anyone watched CP when in an ECV or wheelchair? Since everyone else is standing, I’m wondering if it’s even worth it to try. I don’t remember hearing any details about a dedicated ECV/wheelchair area.
There’s an area (it was right in front of us - in the first photo in my post a few back, the woman on the phone is in that area), but I don’t know any details of how you get in there.

There’s an area (it was right in front of us - in the first photo in my post a few back, the woman on the phone is in that area), but I don’t know any details of how you get in there.
I've seen guests ask CMs to let them in there. CMs allowed the guest on the ECV and one or two family members into the section. Not sure what happens once the section gets full.
ETA: There is more than one section for ECVs and wheelchairs -- I've seen at least one section on each side.

Last edited:
Got here around 2 today. Met Santa right away with a 10-minute wait.

Jack Skellington is in a Sandy Claws costume, but we missed him today so we’ll be back.

The Royal Veranda has crab cake fritters that are AMAZING.

Currently part of a giant group with a fireworks spot staked out right in front of the castle.

The munchkin is glad I bought a sewing machine this summer. This outfit was a week of blood, sweat, and a ton of YouTube tutorials:
FD8FAA9F-1993-43C0-B070-AF8C1190FB12.jpeg5D359FC6-F13D-4134-9E97-DDA251AF7CBF.jpeg71680D51-445F-4162-BEEB-7CA506EB743B.jpeg

Got here around 2 today. Met Santa right away with a 10-minute wait.

Jack Skellington is in a Sandy Claws costume, but we missed him today so we’ll be back.

The Royal Veranda has crab cake fritters that are AMAZING.

Currently part of a giant group with a fireworks spot staked out right in front of the castle.

The munchkin is glad I bought a sewing machine this summer. This outfit was a week of blood, sweat, and a ton of YouTube tutorials:
View attachment 451286View attachment 451287View attachment 451288

1. Your daughter is adorable and that outfit is amazing!

2. Where exactly is Santa?

3. My three year old is going to lose her mind.... she was excited enough about meeting Jack and Sally.... Jack dressed as Sandy Claws is definitely going to be the highlight of our Christmas trip!!!!

Not exactly Christmas sweater weather, is it? We are planning to be in the parks this weekend, but my hopes of wearing winter-ish attire are fading fast...
I'm wearing a tank top tomorrow LOL. But will have my Christmas spirit jersey on for the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter