2019 Holiday Time at DLR Superthread: 11/08/19 - 1/06/20!

Yep! I need one as well... and I think I need the sipper too...

And after watching „nightmare before Christmas“ last week for the first time I wanna meet Jack Skellington/Sandy Claws as well! I am really looking forward to the haunted mansion with the Holiday overlay... I hope I understand it better now that I know the movie (I rode the haunted mansion with overlay a couple of years ago but didn’t really like it because I didn’t understand it)

Yes!!!! We’ve never seen Nightmare Before Christmas and my kids, especially my three year old, are now obsessed with Jack and Sally after riding the Haunted Mansion with the overlay. I’m taking her tomorrow for a few hours and hopefully they’re doing meet and greets while we are there. I have to get the movie before our big Christmas trip!!!!!!

Someone asked about riding the trolley with the Dapper Dans and we just happened to get lucky and experience that today. We boarded the trolley at Town Square around 10:30 am, so maybe aim for that time?

Was it obvious they were going to be on before you got on? Or what point did they hop on? Definitely planning to chat with the CM at the loading area to figure out the how it works. How stoked were you while it was happening?

Was it obvious they were going to be on before you got on? Or what point did they hop on? Definitely planning to chat with the CM at the loading area to figure out the how it works. How stoked were you while it was happening?

It wasn’t obvious to me but I was just wanting to ride the trolley. They showed up maybe a couple minutes before we departed

I would love advise/strategy thoughts for Saturday Dec 7th- we will not be doing the CP...
We will have been in the parks for Thursday and Friday, however Saturday we will need to get 1 day tickets- given I'm assuming I should plan for Max pass for the Saturday, I want to avoid Hoppers. If we are avoiding the CP, do you folks think there will be more crowds in DL or DCA?

Magic Morning on Saturday December 7th will be at Disneyland with the magic hour starting at 7am.

Here's the calender schdule
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendars/month/2019-12-01/
It will be less crowded in DCA in the morning probably but fill up by the noon/evening time. Especially with those festival of holiday food booths.

I would think on a Saturday both parks will have a high crowd index (Short amount of time between Thanksgiving and Christmas) but keep in mind that the Southern California Annual Pass holders are blocked out that weekend (S,Su)

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/passes/blockout-dates/
Good Luck!

So we just came back a few weeks from celebrating Halloween time and didn't think we would be back so soon but we will be there for the holidays again this year from 11/22-11/25. Short trip with just DD and DH. We have been to DL many times and many times during the holidays but we have never been just the three of us. It will be a relaxed trip to do some of our fav rides and see the decorations. anything new or cool we should try this year?

So we just came back a few weeks from celebrating Halloween time and didn't think we would be back so soon but we will be there for the holidays again this year from 11/22-11/25. Short trip with just DD and DH. We have been to DL many times and many times during the holidays but we have never been just the three of us. It will be a relaxed trip to do some of our fav rides and see the decorations. anything new or cool we should try this year?
You sound like us! After our trip on Halloween DH was already trying to plan an impromptu Thanksgiving visit. That was a bit too soon -- so now we are hoping to visit again just before the Holiday blockouts. Hopefully we can get our flex pass reservations -- that'll seal the deal!

I took my 3 year old today and she has been wanting to meet Jack and Sally for months. She absolutely adores them..... it was absolutely the most magical meet and greet we’ve ever had. She squealed with delight when she saw him dressed as Sandy Claws. They were both just perfect with her..... the pictures I got make me cry. They spoke with her for a long time and thought she was just precious, and the look on her face in one photo says it all “Mom, is this actually happening? Am I really meeting Jack and Sally?”

As we were leaving she gave them huge hugs and told them “MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!” Then she threw her arms around me and exclaimed “Mommy, that was the most magical thing ever!!!!!” And then I cried. 😭😭😭😭 Truly Disney Magic at its finest. I just had to share! She thanked me at least four time since throughout the day for taking her to meet Jack and Sally.

I saw the Christmas tree buckets and the Pluto buckets.... soooo cute and long lines to get them. It seemed busy today.... lots of tourists I think because the parking lots were light. It wasn’t crazy crowded but busier than I was expecting. We only stayed 4 hours because we had to make carpool for my big girl in San Diego.

I finally had the holiday sandwich at Earl of Sandwich. It was delicious. I’m embarrassed to say I ate every bite. 😂😂😂😂😂

We are going back Sunday with the entire family so I need to get planning on what Christmas stuff we want to get done!!!!!

I took my 3 year old today and she has been wanting to meet Jack and Sally for months. She absolutely adores them..... it was absolutely the most magical meet and greet we’ve ever had. She squealed with delight when she saw him dressed as Sandy Claws. They were both just perfect with her..... the pictures I got make me cry. They spoke with her for a long time and thought she was just precious, and the look on her face in one photo says it all “Mom, is this actually happening? Am I really meeting Jack and Sally?”

As we were leaving she gave them huge hugs and told them “MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!” Then she threw her arms around me and exclaimed “Mommy, that was the most magical thing ever!!!!!” And then I cried. 😭😭😭😭 Truly Disney Magic at its finest. I just had to share! She thanked me at least four time since throughout the day for taking her to meet Jack and Sally.

I saw the Christmas tree buckets and the Pluto buckets.... soooo cute and long lines to get them. It seemed busy today.... lots of tourists I think because the parking lots were light. It wasn’t crazy crowded but busier than I was expecting. We only stayed 4 hours because we had to make carpool for my big girl in San Diego.

I finally had the holiday sandwich at Earl of Sandwich. It was delicious. I’m embarrassed to say I ate every bite. 😂😂😂😂😂

We are going back Sunday with the entire family so I need to get planning on what Christmas stuff we want to get done!!!!!
Jack and Sally are great!!

Oh and I wanted to add. I did not care for the Turkey slider with cranberry sauce. Forgot which booth. But the bread was hard, and the turkey was weird. I was kind of sad I used a tab on it.

Taking my 4yo niece next week and we have a Minnie breakfast booked for Thursday morning...does anyone know if Minnie is wearing a holiday outfit at breakfast or her regular dress?? My niece has a minnie dress and a holiday princess dress we can't decide which she should wear... :lovestruc

Also if anybody knows the answer....we have 8am reservations on an 7am EMH/MM morning, which we don't have access to...what time can we enter for our reservation?

Last edited:
Oh and I wanted to add. I did not care for the Turkey slider with cranberry sauce. Forgot which booth. But the bread was hard, and the turkey was weird. I was kind of sad I used a tab on it.
DH agrees with you on that -- he thought the turkey slider was okay, but a not up to snuff substitute for a pork katsu sandwich. I liked it better than he did, but it sounds like ours was fresher than yours was. And, I also think they are trying to copy a pork katsu sandwich. However, we both liked the beef slider with the horseradish cream.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter