2019 Holiday Time at DLR Superthread: 11/08/19 - 1/06/20!

I've made a reservation for the Carnation Cafe for 5:50pm on 11/9 - do you think if I got there early and asked for outside seating we'd be able to see the 6pm Christmas Fantasy Parade go past?

We plan to watch the parade properly at the 3:30pm session but was hoping to see the evening one with dinner - even if its not a proper view just to get the atmosphere would be fun?

I've made a reservation for the Carnation Cafe for 5:50pm on 11/9 - do you think if I got there early and asked for outside seating we'd be able to see the 6pm Christmas Fantasy Parade go past?

We plan to watch the parade properly at the 3:30pm session but was hoping to see the evening one with dinner - even if its not a proper view just to get the atmosphere would be fun?
You can request an outside table, but will be told that they cannot guarantee to fulfill your request. And even if you are seated outside, your table may be far back on the patio where you can't really see much. It can't hurt to ask anyway, but just be prepared that you may be seated inside or may not see much of the parade from an outside table. Even the tables by the sidewalk don't have a great view because of people walking by all the time and other guests standing at the curb to view the parade.

I'm going to Irvine for work and may have one free day (Wednesday, November 20). I'm wondering if it's worth it to get a one day ticket to Disneyland? It's $129 ($179) for a hopper. I've never seen the holiday stuff there so it could be worth it for that. I have a trip to Disney World planned next year with my family so I want to wait to see the Galaxy's Edge stuff then. So if you're not interested in Galaxy's Edge and want to explore the holiday stuff, do you think Disneyland or California Adventure would be better if I don't get the hopper? Just trying to think through the options of what to do on my free day. Thanks!

I'm going to Irvine for work and may have one free day (Wednesday, November 20). I'm wondering if it's worth it to get a one day ticket to Disneyland? It's $129 ($179) for a hopper. I've never seen the holiday stuff there so it could be worth it for that. I have a trip to Disney World planned next year with my family so I want to wait to see the Galaxy's Edge stuff then. So if you're not interested in Galaxy's Edge and want to explore the holiday stuff, do you think Disneyland or California Adventure would be better if I don't get the hopper? Just trying to think through the options of what to do on my free day. Thanks!
Yes, DL is totally worth a one day visit, especially during Holiday Time! Look over the first few posts in this thread to see what will be going on during this fabulous season in the parks. Hopping is soooo easy at DLR -- the parks are literally minutes apart (about the distance of a football field's length) -- so if you can afford a hopper ticket, go for it. Cars Land is wonderful (and only at DCA) -- it gets decorated for the holidays and the neon lighting on Rte. 66 at sunset is pure Disney magic. But even if you choose to stay in DL, there is so much to see and do during the holidays. Be there for RD and you'll get so much done during those early hours. If you want to see F! (created for and originated at DL -- and almost unanimously voted to be the better show at DL), look into a dining package for the best viewing with the least wait time. The castle lighting and holiday fireworks are lovely. If you do park hop, DCA has WOC (one of the best Disney shows around), which will have the holiday show, "Seasons of Light" (one of the best WOC shows). Look into booking the WOC Dessert Party -- such a fun way to end your day. Can you tell that I'm all in favor of your visit?!

@theluckyrabbit thanks! I appreciate the enabling :) You make a good argument for hopping, it would be great to see Cars Land decorated as well as Disney land. I assumed you can't see F! and World of Color in the same nights, but it sounds like you can? It's only an extra $50... but costs do add up.

I was thinking the Wednesday the week before Thanksgiving should be pretty forgiving crowd wise, I hope that's true.

@theluckyrabbit thanks! I appreciate the enabling :) You make a good argument for hopping, it would be great to see Cars Land decorated as well as Disney land. I assumed you can't see F! and World of Color in the same nights, but it sounds like you can? It's only an extra $50... but costs do add up.

I was thinking the Wednesday the week before Thanksgiving should be pretty forgiving crowd wise, I hope that's true.
The entertainment schedule for 11/20 should be published tomorrow, so check the DLR website for that. Right now, it looks like F! won't be shown on weekdays at that time. WOC will be shown and the Believe in Holiday Magic fireworks. If the schedule doesn't change (and it could, so keep checking), I would book the WOC Dessert Party. As a solo visitor, you'll have much more flexibility and ease to maneuver through crowds. You could do the Dessert Party, then make it to DL to see the fireworks from Main Street.
The AP Blockout Calendar shows all passes good to go on that date, so it might be a bit crowded, but with good planning (and maybe MP?), you can still have a great day and get a lot done.
Here are two good threads for you:
A DLR Guide for WDW Vets
"Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy" by @Skyegirl1999 - www.disboards.com/threads/maxpass-fastpass-an-overview-and-some-strategy.3726246/

I can’t wait to see the holiday merchandise!
Last year we went for Halloween and left on Nov 1st. We went to WoD on departure day and they had just put out the holiday stuff. I asked DD if she wanted one of the spirit jerseys - she loves the color red so I figured she would get the holiday one. Nope she wanted the white IaSW one (that she proceeded to spill marinara sauce on the 1st time she wore it!). On the plane I was kicking myself for not getting her the red one, a couple of days later everyone and their mother was looking for the red holiday jersey.

Will not make that mistake again - if I see something good I am buying it!

Last edited:
The entertainment schedule for 11/20 should be published tomorrow, so check the DLR website for that. Right now, it looks like F! won't be shown on weekdays at that time. WOC will be shown and the Believe in Holiday Magic fireworks. If the schedule doesn't change (and it could, so keep checking), I would book the WOC Dessert Party. As a solo visitor, you'll have much more flexibility and ease to maneuver through crowds. You could do the Dessert Party, then make it to DL to see the fireworks from Main Street.
The AP Blockout Calendar shows all passes good to go on that date, so it might be a bit crowded, but with good planning (and maybe MP?), you can still have a great day and get a lot done.
Here are two good threads for you:
A DLR Guide for WDW Vets
"Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy" by @Skyegirl1999 - www.disboards.com/threads/maxpass-fastpass-an-overview-and-some-strategy.3726246/

Thanks, I'll check out those threads! And I am definitely planning on max pass, it seems like it will be really beneficial.

I think I must be an adult child! I want the bear and stocking too! I am not taking any children on this years trip, and want to do this!!!
Right!!! Why do only kids get to do all of the fun stuff!!:santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!