2019 Holiday Time at DLR Superthread: 11/08/19 - 1/06/20!

Thanks for all the replies! I think I'll cancel the Plaza parade package, we'll just try to find a good spot ahead of time. I think we will book the Hungry Bear Fantasmic package then; I looked at Blue Bayou and I would love it, but my 6-year old can be picky about his food and often times grazes throughout the day rather than eating full meals - at least Hungry Bear is a lot less if he doesn't actually eat the food!

Thanks for the measuring tips too! I double checked today and my little guy is right at 40 inches without shoes, and a little over with shoes. He does tend to duck down under the bar, I think we'll head to the WDW parks in the next week or two to practice!

You didn't hear this from me, but if it comes down to how your son stands, then an inconspicuous sock folded up and put in the heel of the shoe may get him that extra 1/4" needed.

Great info as always, thank you. Do you have any thoughts on the overall CP/Fireworks crowd plan?

Is it similar to a parade? Does the choir return to the Hub after the 2nd show and the crowds on the sidewalks/Town Square fill Main Street behind the choir (followed by a CM rope)?

Or does the choir exit the gate next to The Mad Hatter (or other exit)? This would assume Main Street fills in after the choir processes from the Hub to the 2nd CP, and remains full until the fireworks, with sidewalks and overflows used for entry/exit.
We've only done the first show, but after the CP is over, the crowds just disperse -- no CM with a rope. People just disperse on their own onto Main Street, into shops, etc.

We are arriving for our 1st visit on the 26 and staying through the 31st of December. We visit Walt Disney World pretty regularly, so with the crowds being what they are, we are trying to concentrate on things unique to Disneyland and the holidays.

Our park days will be the 27th through 30th. Considering Disneyland closed on the 27th and 28th In 2017 and 2018 for capacity, would it be smarter to go to California Adventure those 2 days? For maybe go to Disneyland for rope drop and then transfer to California adventure?

Thank you! I signed us up for the Plaza Inn dining package, which it turns out only gives passes for the second show anyway, but I'm glad to hear this is the one you liked best!
Thank you so much for this post. I am so new to Disneyland I did not know this was a thing. We are definitely going to book this when it opens for us.

Our park days will be the 27th through 30th. Considering Disneyland closed on the 27th and 28th In 2017 and 2018 for capacity, would it be smarter to go to California Adventure those 2 days? For maybe go to Disneyland for rope drop and then transfer to California adventure
I've never been on a capacity day, so I'm no expert, but there are different levels of closures. One of the first is to disallow new entries. Someone on another thread gave the advice that if you want to be in DL at all that day, scan in first thing in the morning. Then go to DCA if you wish. If you want to return to DL, you will not be considered a new entry if capacity closures have started. Hope that makes sense.

I've never been on a capacity day, so I'm no expert, but there are different levels of closures. One of the first is to disallow new entries. Someone on another thread gave the advice that if you want to be in DL at all that day, scan in first thing in the morning. Then go to DCA if you wish. If you want to return to DL, you will not be considered a new entry if capacity closures have started. Hope that makes sense.
That does. My thought was to do whichever parks have early entry those mornings. Then probably take a break after lunch when things become really nuts. If DL is closed, we could to to DCA for the rest of the afternoon.

That does. My thought was to do whichever parks have early entry those mornings. Then probably take a break after lunch when things become really nuts. If DL is closed, we could to to DCA for the rest of the afternoon.
Usually both parks have early entry everyday that week.

Usually both parks have early entry everyday that week.
Ah, ok. Thank you for that. So it pretty much is just depending on what we want to do. Might try to see what touring plans says just to figure out where to start. But I think we will use your trick to scan in at DL every morning just in case.

Another small question. Does anybody think there would be any benefit to trying to go bagless? I know at Walt Disney World they have bagless lines, but Disneyland from what I have read tends to not use those when crowds are large.

Another small question. Does anybody think there would be any benefit to trying to go bagless? I know at Walt Disney World they have bagless lines, but Disneyland from what I have read tends to not use those when crowds are large.

I don’t think so. We have gone multiples since they redid security, and it goes super fast now.

If you book the Holiday tour, where are the parade seats? Are they benches or chairs, or just a standing area?
The parade seats are across from IASW. They are individual chairs, two rows.

... Considering Disneyland closed on the 27th and 28th In 2017 and 2018 for capacity, would it be smarter to go to California Adventure those 2 days? For maybe go to Disneyland for rope drop and then transfer to California adventure?
Keep in mind that no gate closure lasts more than several hours, usually only until the parade or fireworks are over and lots of people leave the park. Once enough people leave, the Fire Marshall gives the okay to reopen the gates to new guests. So if there is a gate closure while you are in DTD or at DCA, you should be able to re-enter DL at some point later in the day or in the evening.

Last edited:
I go bagless as much as possible, especially in the morning when the lines are at their worst. It is so easy to go back to your room for anything you might need if you stay at a motel on Harbor, unlike at WDW where it takes so long to get back to the room.

Will they release any special Christmas Day dining info before 10/25? Isn’t that when the 60 day dining reservation window opens? Perhaps there isn’t anything special on Christmas Day???? Thanks!

Last edited:
any speculation why the Plaza Inn Parade Viewing package available time slots for both Sat Dec 7 and Sun Dec 8 only allows booking until 2pm instead of 3:30pm? I have booked for Sat Dec 7 and the reservation still says 2nd parade viewing but with the CP that weekend I was wondering if there won't be a 2nd parade and they will allow us to view the 1st parade instead.
BTW -- Sun Dec 8 is all sold out already but plenty open for Saturday

Back on October 9th I tried to book December 8th and NOTHING was available for the parade. I tried for December 7th, and again nothing was available. It is weird that there are slots now, but you are right, only until 2pm...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts