2019 Holiday Time at DLR Superthread: 11/08/19 - 1/06/20!

Yes, it was pretty wet yesterday. But the rain scared away the crowds so that was very nice. I was well equipped with water resistant pants and shoes, light rain jacket, a quick drying running cap and a poncho on top of it.
I stayed all day and really enjoyed it. I scored front row viewing of the parade at the hub (arrived a couple minutes before official starting time) and got a second row spot at the rope in front of the castle for fireworks! (I was beyond happy to be able to watch them one more time from inside the park!)
Way to have a magical last day!

Has anyone ever attended CP in the rain? I plan on arriving very early and getting a park bench like last year, but I am not sure about waiting all those hours in the rain. Is it recommended or should I pass on attending this year?

Has anyone ever attended CP in the rain? I plan on arriving very early and getting a park bench like last year, but I am not sure about waiting all those hours in the rain. Is it recommended or should I pass on attending this year?

That sounds simply miserable. I have waited all day for the CP before, but I would not do it this weekend.

I wouldn’t. Walking around in the rain is different than sitting in it and getting soaked. Even if you have gear.

I agree with the pp: waiting for hours, sitting in the rain, for a show that might get cancelled anyway does not sound fun at all. It sounds like a surefire way to get sick for the holidays.

I was at Disneyland last week and had a bit of FOMO when I saw the line for Candy Canes. So, I got one, now what do I do with it??? Does anyone have any good ideas for saving it and using it as a holiday decoration.

Thanks

Oh man I feel like I’m so out of the loop! Haven’t been since opening weekend for the holidays. How have crowds on Saturdays been? I may go next Saturday! I’ve checked the app periodically, but I know ride wait times aren’t always the most accurate when it comes to crowds.

Character questions:
Has Jack been in his Sandy Claws suit regularly? When I went the CM said he may or may not be in it. But I feel like I’ve seen so many pics of him in it.

How have lines been for the characters in their Christmas outfits? Do Mickey and Minnie have special outfits in their house in Toontown?

Not sure if this is a good idea as I have eaten mine in the past at the park. Last year we did bring it home and I put it up in the Christmas tree and put it away with the rest of the ornaments in the original bubble wrap it came with. This year we brought it down from the storage closet and looks brand new how we got it from Trolley Treats in DCA :)! Now I wouldn't eat it, but it still gives me wonderful memories of the park with the family and friends we went with when I see it in our tree.

We're here and we just asked a CM when they were going to allow people to wait for CP viewing. She said this year they weren't going to allow ANY of that. That the only way to see it is if you were invited.

I will ask another CM, but...

:(
She did say "this year' and I specified sitting on the curb (as opposed to the chairs) twice in the conversation.

I had to chuckle not knowing much about DL (WDW vet here). Does 'invited' viewing mean paid viewing?

No, invited is for VIPs, Club 33 members, Imagineers, etc.

Ok, well the CM I spoke to earlier must have been misinformed. I asked another CM who told me to ask a CM wearing a red tie and that they would have more info. Red ties were giving people info on where they could view, but to not be surprised if we were asked to get up/move, etc.

We're sitting in front of the Opera House on the curb. Will keep you all posted!

We're sitting here on the curb and a crowd control rope has been set up behind us.
Plenty of CMs see us all sitting here (and these curb spots have all been taken). Another CM came up to us and just told us that we wouldn't be allowed to stay here for CP (just for the parade).

Aaaaand a red tie CM came by and verified we were all waiting for CP and gave us thumbs up.

So I think we're good. Those of us in front of this rope. But wow, the back and forth is frustrating.

Just saw this.

They’ve said that the past two years, too. It’s the official line, but you can still view as always.

Let us know who the narrator is when the sound check happens.

It would be very difficult for them to not allow "viewing" of the CP by non-invited guests. I mean it is in a public place, hard to keep it completely private.

I think CM's saying no viewing must be confussed by there not being any "seating/viewing" section for non invited guest.

This thread is interesting... keep us informed!
I keep my fingers crossed that you’ll be able to watch it...

It looks clear today, but will CP occur tomorrow if it rains? Also, for second showing when would you recommend coming down to Main St area to get a spot?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!