2019 Holiday Time at DLR Superthread: 11/08/19 - 1/06/20!

It was lovely. We're so glad we did it. ❤
So glad you enjoyed it! Given what Candlelight Processional is all about, is it so important who the narrator is and whether that person is "A list" or not? We try to focus on who the story is about, not who's reading the story. We were glad it was Lin Manuel Miranda, but would have been fine with some else, too. CP is a highlight of our DLR year and officially kicks off our Christmas season! Got my CP pin at the Music Shop on Main Street --it's a very cute one this year! Met some very nice APs while waiting. And thanks to the crowds shifting around, our spots actually had decent viewing. :) As a nice bonus, we happened to be right by the Little Red Wagon at 7:30 pm and got to see the choirs go by again on their way down Main Street. Lovely!

Last edited:

We so enjoyed Candlelight. Lin Manuel-Miranda did a fantastic reading. I got my Christmas wish.

78315625_10162779745065602_3462023165637558272_n.jpg

78697221_10159205736245299_6062044741405507584_n.jpg

78693854_10159205736155299_5187683992299634688_n.jpg

78789438_10162781403670602_1242107196292988928_o.jpg

What??? :)

wrote Hamilton. Wrote the music and sang in Moana.
I guess it depends on who you are and what you are into whether you think Manuel is a "A" list celebrity or not.
For me, it was a Christmas wish that he would get to do it. He had been scheduled to do it last year, and had to bow out due to losing his voice.

He is most well known for Hamilton and In The Heights, and a little less for writing the music for Moana. And Jack in Mary Poppins. He also was the voice of Shag in the STar Wars: The Force Awakens. And he wrote the Cantina music for The Force Awakens. He is also working on music for Rise of Skywalker and working with Alan Menken for the new live action Little Mermaid music.

And I think he did a wonderful job.

For me, it was a Christmas wish that he would get to do it. He had been scheduled to do it last year, and had to bow out due to losing his voice.

He is most well known for Hamilton and In The Heights, and a little less for writing the music for Moana. And Jack in Mary Poppins. He also was the voice of Shag in the STar Wars: The Force Awakens. And he wrote the Cantina music for The Force Awakens. He is also working on music for Rise of Skywalker and working with Alan Menken for the new live action Little Mermaid music.

And I think he did a wonderful job.
Wow outside of Hamilton and Mary Poppins, I didn't realize he has done so much.

Always fun to hear the trumpeters and the Hallelujah chorus from the plazza as were leaving DTD.......Monday was packed!!!!! and not by folks there for CP,...lots of young people and toddler families, when you are pushing a wheelchair you seem to notice that detail about the crowd. at 10:00 a.m. Snow White was 8 mintues, but at 3:30 Small world was at 45 mintues, enough time to catch parade. At 8:00 was impossible to catch train at Tomorrowland. 35 folks in front of us, only five departing from the train , Street was packed from Crystal Arcade to castle at fireworks, but at 9:20 plenty of "worming space" south of Crystal arcade. And for those of you still undecided about maxpass. it saved our day!!!!!

How much time would you allow for candy canes? Last year we got them in DCA and had them in our hands only ten minutes after opening. But this year it fits our schedule better to get them in Disneyland. Any idea how long it’d take? We always arrive early for rope drop regardless but if it’ll eat a chunk of our morning we may skip it. Especially since they raised the price to $15.99- I’m not a big candy cane fan but my kiddo is. He could probably go either way- he’s all about rides. We do have four days in the park though!

I'm at the parks now...confirming that the Christmas tree buckets seem plentiful.

We saw the tree buckets today and picked up 2. Chose to buy them from a mobile cart that sold them with cotton candy instead of waiting in line on Main Street for popcorn.

Finally went to the parks today!!! Had a great time. Very chilly this morning. I’m glad I brought my coat. I almost didn’t, but since I was home sick 2 days last week I didn’t want to risk getting sick again.
-I was the first one in line for Sandy Claws/JackSkellington. Sally hadn’t gotten there yet
- we did the food booths around 11:15, which turned out to be a good choice because around 1 the lines were CRAZY!!!!!
-the crowds seemed ok; we did a lot of rides
-Staffing did seem off. I’m not sure if I was just low on patience today, but it seemed like everything was so slow!!! Even if the line wasn’t long. It took us 25 minutes to on guardians because they were down a gantry, plus the CM’s messed up on some of the counting. And when we were picking up food we were only 2 people back yet it took 15 minutes! 😳 my friends are still at the park and are planning to see fantasmic so hopefully it isn’t cancelled.
012DFE58-E4BB-4441-B308-5B5169BD4937.jpeg
If anyone is interested in the light up snowman cups, they are on sale for $10. Not sure how long this deal will last. This was in the DCA walkway where the food booths are.
819FFF65-F72D-4015-8561-35FA433B063F.jpeg

Any recent/updated crowd reports? Tomorrow is the last day for the Deluxe AP and Friday is the last day for Signature. How is that affecting the crowds now?

Any recent/updated crowd reports? Tomorrow is the last day for the Deluxe AP and Friday is the last day for Signature. How is that affecting the crowds now?

I’m at DLP now (waiting for F!) - crowds have been pretty low today given the holiday season. It was way more packed last week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!