NEWS 5/17: Late 2019 itineraries released - link in post #1 (2020 watch thread will start soon)

I'm excitedly awaiting the 2019 itinerary releases. We have a placeholder that will expire in mid-June 2019.

I'm really hoping for a unique itinerary on the Dream or the Fantasy--either Southern Caribbean or Europe. My older kids prefer the tween and teen clubs on the newer ships, but I'd like a something besides the standard eastern/western caribbean.

Fingers crossed!

Really hoping for a Norwegian Fjords cruise early summer 2019!! We have a placeholder that will expire early August 2019...hoping they have that itinerary available earlier in the summer!

Can someone explain what a placeholder is?

When you book a new cruise while you are on the ship, you get some benefits: 10% discount, a credit to spend on board during that new cruise (depending on length of cruise) and for longer cruises you only have to pay half the deposit. The new cruise has to start within two years from booking. However, if you do not know yet when you want to cruise, especially because the cruises have not been released yet, you can book a placeholder. This is a reservation with all the benefits, but no date yet. It comes with a flat fee deposit (250$?) and once you know which cruise you want, you move it to that cruise and pay the additional deposit and then you have a cruise with all the onboard booking benefits. You can cancel the placeholder any time and get your deposit back.

We have a 7-day Eastern cruise on the Fantasy scheduled for February 2018. Do you think the 2019 itineraries will have been released by then? I know we can always just book a placeholder but it would be very exciting if the 2019 cruises were already announced!

Fingers crossed for Star Wars Day at Sea for Easter Break 2019 (or another themed cruise).

My fingers are crossed for Star Wars Day at Sea for Spring Break 2019. Just waiting for the official school calendar for 2018-2019 to come out from the school board AND the 2019 itineraries to come out from DCL (hopefully by September 28th and definitely by November 9th).

The Disney Magic shows in the Civitavecchia/Rome port calendar on several dates in 2019:

28.5. (destination Livorno)
4.6. (destination Livorno)
14.6. (destination Salerno)
22.6. (destination Salerno)
2.7. (destination Ajaccio)
12.7. (destination Barcelona)

The Disney Magic shows in the Civitavecchia/Rome port calendar on several dates in 2019:

So it could be similar to 2018 with the med first and maybe northern europe cruises later

We have two cruises booked for 2018 but our second one (Oct 2018) we are looking at cancelling/changing in favour of a northern european for later in 2019 so add me to the list of those anxious for 2019 releases!

Thanks for finding this and posting! I have added this to the second post on the first page of the thread that I had reserved for such things.

A few interesting observations can be gained from this: The first two cruises seem to follow the standard 7-night Med itinerary, but then things get interesting. There are 10 days between vist 2 and 3, then 8 nights between visit 3 and 4, then 10 nights again between visits 4 and 5 as well as 5 and 6. This seems to indicate some kind of change up of itineraries, possibly more longer cruises (10-nights?) and there are also different ports included. Salerno is slightly south of Naples, so might be an alternative port for Naples, but Ajaccio is on Corsica, so definitely not the typical DCL port. Not sure if they have ever been there?

And it appears that once again they follow the 2018 pattern of doing Med first and then Northern Europe in late July and August.

I have updated the info in the first three posts of this thread to reflect the current standing of information. Please have a look there to see how release and booking is going to work!

Considering that the passengers, who were supposed to be on the cruises that were cancelled because of Hurricane Irma, can use their 25% off booking credit by October 18, one could assume that new itineraries won't be announced until after that time period is over.

October 18 is a Wednesday. Since the new schedule as implemented in May 2017 seems to indicate to an announcement of the schedule on a Thursday (with Platinum booking beginning on the Monday after), I now think that the earliest date when we see the "2019 Winter" cruises announced would be 10/19/2017. This is just my personal guess without having any knowledge of what DCL is thinking, so take it with a grain of salt!

Possible shorter or earlier EBTA then? If the Magic is in Livorno by 28th.

Possible shorter or earlier EBTA then? If the Magic is in Livorno by 28th.

The Magic is in Rome on 5/28, departing for Livorno that day. That's how I read it. This is only one day earlier than in 2018 and it is again a Tuesday. So, this seems to be pointing to exactly the same schedule as 2018 for the EBTA and the first two cruises out of Barcelona. Then things get more interesting in the Med.

Thanks for finding this and posting! I have added this to the second post on the first page of the thread that I had reserved for such things.

A few interesting observations can be gained from this: The first two cruises seem to follow the standard 7-night Med itinerary, but then things get interesting. There are 10 days between vist 2 and 3, then 8 nights between visit 3 and 4, then 10 nights again between visits 4 and 5 as well as 5 and 6. This seems to indicate some kind of change up of itineraries, possibly more longer cruises (10-nights?) and there are also different ports included. Salerno is slightly south of Naples, so might be an alternative port for Naples, but Ajaccio is on Corsica, so definitely not the typical DCL port. Not sure if they have ever been there?

And it appears that once again they follow the 2018 pattern of doing Med first and then Northern Europe in late July and August.

DCL went to Ajaccio, Corsica on the 2011 11-night Med cruises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter