2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

That is personal choice. The pins/magnets have always been aval. at Expo but depending on when you go to expo could risk sell out. The jacket is preorder exclusive, one at expo will be different design and My friend has found they run small and the bigger sizes go quick, plus we have never seen bigger than 2xl at expo. I preorder so I can have one less thing to worry about getting at expo and fact I'm probably doing this without my "grab stuff" assistant calms my nerves.

Thanks! I was wondering about the jacket as that was the one I was really interested in getting!

Thanks! I was wondering about the jacket as that was the one I was really interested in getting!

I just had a hard time ordering something I didn’t know what it looked like :P
I had the same issue last year! Being new to runDisney, I thought it was crazy to spend $100 on something I had never seen before, and had no idea what the sizing would be like. The only thing I preordered was a bundle that came with pins and a magnet. After race registration I asked a couple of questions about the jacket here on the disboards, and then decided not to order it (mainly because of the reasons I stated above). After awhile, FOMO got the best of me! :sad2: I took a guess on the size, placed the order, and hoped for the best! I will say, I was pleasantly surprised when I got to the expo and loved the jacket. There were a lot of people who were saying they should’ve ordered it! But it’s an expensive chance to take - I’d be so disappointed if I spent the money and hated the jacket.

My only preorder regret actually turned out to be the pin and magnet bundle. I only really ordered it because I wanted the magnet, and after the expo stories I heard, I was afraid it would sell out. This year I won’t make that mistake again. There were plenty of magnets to be found!

What’s good about not preordering is you can use your AP or DVC discount at the expo. I’ll probably preorder the jacket again because it’ll be my first half marathon (this is how I justify the unnecessary purchase lol) and I’m considering the AP pin because I don’t know if it’s a preorder only item. Everything else I’m going to wait to see at the expo, because then I can use the AP discount to save some money.

Should I buy the commemorative merchandise???

Up to you. I never have and have never felt like I missed anything. oh wait, I bought merchandise for the first Star Wars Light Side we did, and none of us ever look at the pins. Ever.

Tiny packet of sport beans. It would not be enough for me.

We should not be relying on course fuel. Water and powerade, OK, but not the fuel. Never know if it'll work for your belly, never know if they'll have run out by the time you get there, never know if their flavor will work for you.

My only preorder regret actually turned out to be the pin and magnet bundle. I only really ordered it because I wanted the magnet, and after the expo stories I heard, I was afraid it would sell out. This year I won’t make that mistake again. There were plenty of magnets to be found!

This was my exact reasoning when ordering the pin/magnet bundle! Now I regret my decision. I was able to buy a pin at the Tinkerbell half marathon but I was thinking maybe because the princess half marathon is so popular things at the expo would be sold out by the time I got there.

At least I do end up using my pins on my purses and on my denim jacket.

For those of you have gotten jackets at past races, do you wear them? Were they worth it?

I had the same issue last year! Being new to runDisney, I thought it was crazy to spend $100 on something I had never seen before, and had no idea what the sizing would be like. The only thing I preordered was a bundle that came with pins and a magnet. After race registration I asked a couple of questions about the jacket here on the disboards, and then decided not to order it (mainly because of the reasons I stated above). After awhile, FOMO got the best of me! :sad2: I took a guess on the size, placed the order, and hoped for the best! I will say, I was pleasantly surprised when I got to the expo and loved the jacket. There were a lot of people who were saying they should’ve ordered it! But it’s an expensive chance to take - I’d be so disappointed if I spent the money and hated the jacket.

What’s good about not preordering is you can use your AP or DVC discount at the expo. I’ll probably preorder the jacket again because it’ll be my first half marathon (this is how I justify the unnecessary purchase lol) and I’m considering the AP pin because I don’t know if it’s a preorder only item. Everything else I’m going to wait to see at the expo, because then I can use the AP discount to save some money.

SAME!!! The AP pin has me intrigued as this is our first year as AP holders!!! Previous to that we were solely DVC.

This was my exact reasoning when ordering the pin/magnet bundle! Now I regret my decision. I was able to buy a pin at the Tinkerbell half marathon but I was thinking maybe because the princess half marathon is so popular things at the expo would be sold out by the time I got there.

At least I do end up using my pins on my purses and on my denim jacket.

For those of you have gotten jackets at past races, do you wear them? Were they worth it?
My pins are still in their packaging!

I bought last year’s jacket. I do wear it, but not very often. People complained online that they experienced the jacket pilling, but it hasn’t happened to mine yet. I personally think it was worth it, but only because I loved the logo design. I only went to the first day of the expo, so I wouldn’t have been able to buy it without the preorder, but for the price did I expect it to be a better made jacket. I haven’t preordered anything yet, but I’m most likely going to order the jacket again this year.

SAME!!! The AP pin has me intrigued as this is our first year as AP holders!!! Previous to that we were solely DVC.
Disney really knows how to take money from us lol. I wish they would have said whether or not it was a preorder only item. If it’s not, I’d just wait until the expo to see if I even like it, and to use the AP discount! Preorder only items are tough because FOMO is completely real... :scratchin

My friend wears hers a lot but lives in lovely State of Michigan where you need long Johns in AM and your swim suit in afternoon. I like it but find I'd probably not wear as much as she does since I love my quarter zips from other sources better. plus 100.00 is another race entry for me.

YES, that is the looong wait now. :rolleyes1:rolleyes1:sad2::scared:

Just curious, this will be my first Disney race...well, second, after I run the half marathon in January, but the point is, I haven't done one before...for anyone who has, what's the timeframe on when we can expect to see the medals? I saw the Wine & Dine medals were released today, so maybe, October for the January marathon weekend, November for Princess? Really anxious to see what they'll look like. I did some googling and saw the January medals were revealed in September and Princess in December last year, is that typical?

Last edited:
My friend wears hers a lot but lives in lovely State of Michigan where you need long Johns in AM and your swim suit in afternoon. I like it but find I'd probably not wear as much as she does since I love my quarter zips from other sources better. plus 100.00 is another race entry for me.

You're so right about the price being another race entry's worth. I think I'll pass on the jacket. :)

I did some googling and saw the January medals were revealed in September and Princess in December last year, is that typical?

Not totally sure. But if you sent your mind to it being earlier then you might be disappointed.

And I'm not totally sure because they keep changing things. rundisney has been rather volatile in how they do things the last few years, so I think most of us with some experience just try to keep expectations low.

Just curious, this will be my first Disney race...well, second, after I run the half marathon in January, but the point is, I haven't done one before...for anyone who has, what's the timeframe on when we can expect to see the medals? I saw the Wine & Dine medals were released today, so maybe, October for the January marathon weekend, November for Princess? Really anxious to see what they'll look like. I did some googling and saw the January medals were revealed in September and Princess in December last year, is that typical?

The 2017 medals were revealed on December 5, 2016. The 2018 medals were revealed December 18, 2017. If they continue this trend, then the 2019 medals *should* be revealed in December, but with RunDisney, you never know.

I love my race jackets! They are a fun reminder of the races every time I wear them (and I live in Utah, so the weather allows me to wear it a good portion of the year). I thought my WDW marathon jacket last year ran a little small, so for Princess I decided to size up. I didn't see an option to pre-order magnets anywhere. That's the only thing I'll want to get at the expo, and I know they tend to sell out.

Not totally sure. But if you sent your mind to it being earlier then you might be disappointed.

And I'm not totally sure because they keep changing things. rundisney has been rather volatile in how they do things the last few years, so I think most of us with some experience just try to keep expectations low.

^^ truer words have never been said LOL They cray, man! You just never know what will change next.

I did the princess half last year with a 10K POT submitted 1hr 9mins and I was in corral E. Just to give you guys an idea of where I started. This year I'm submitting a 1hr 4min POT. Hoping to move up to at least D preferablly C. I have 1 more 10k planned before we need to submit times.

I'm booked with a TA for the challenge. It was well worth it since there are 4 of us running. Nobody wanted to take the chance with the new system and it worked out well last year.
Do all travel agents require a room booking and tickets? We just need the bib for the 10k. No plans to do parks and dvc Room booked.

Do all travel agents require a room booking and tickets? We just need the bib for the 10k. No plans to do parks and dvc Room booked.

The agent I booked with had waivers for DVC, AP and locals that live within 90 miles of WDW. I have an AP and live within 90 miles so the hotel & tickets were waived for me. I think if you already have a confirmed DVC booking that portion can be waived. I’m not sure about the park tickets if you don’t have an AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!