2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

On property Disney Springs is probably your best bet. But one of the vendors might sell them at the expo? Worth a look since you'll be there anyway.

Seconding this!! If not the expo, then the Fit 2 Run store at DS will have something! It's a running specialty store.

Definitely!! I also saw that there will be the Jelly Belly Sport Beans with caffeine at mile 8 during the half if you've used those before!

I haven't used those but I don't run and chew well at the same time. I tried eating a piece of licorice during W&D and ended up choking. I guess I don't multitask well....

I haven't used those but I don't run and chew well at the same time. I tried eating a piece of licorice during W&D and ended up choking. I guess I don't multitask well....

You do have to slow down and breathe through your nose while you chew. I also try to use something easy to eat. I like the sport beans.

I hope everyone that travelled today had safe travel and that everyone is able to make it. We got to the expo shortly after 9. We took a couple of pics and jumped into the official merchandise line about 9:20. They let us in to buy Merch by 9:45.

I really what runDisney was thinking with these shirt colors. The 10K in particular is kind of crazy.

Hope everyone running the 5k tomorrow has a great race.

The 5k tomorrow will be my first race anywhere ever. I’m super excited and nervous!
I’m curious though. If I have to be on the bus by 4 am, and the race doesn’t start til 5:30 (and I think I’ll start way after that as I’m in the back), what do we do for the hour+ that we are waiting to race?

The 5k tomorrow will be my first race anywhere ever. I’m super excited and nervous!
I’m curious though. If I have to be on the bus by 4 am, and the race doesn’t start til 5:30 (and I think I’ll start way after that as I’m in the back), what do we do for the hour+ that we are waiting to race?
They have characters out as well as other entertainment

Wait in line for characters!!! Also hit those port a potties one last time. The lines can get pretty long!

Made it safely to Bay Lake Tower tonight. Nice dinner. Now off to bed. Looking forward to MK tomorrow morning. Expo in the afternoon. Excited for my first run Disney event. I do the 10 k. My daughter is doing the challenge. She is only 14. This is her second event. She ran the Star Wars 5k and half in April. Two other halfs since then. Very proud of her. If you see a small teenage girl with the curliest blonde hair you’ve ever seen, say hi. That’s my girl. I’ll be way behind her.

Woo hoo!! You go girl!! Were you just registered for the half before?

I haven't started from the very very back, but I think I was like 3rd from the back at W&D a few years ago and still had to weave through a lot of people... It thins out after a few miles! You lose a lot of walkers if you're running the whole thing! Good luck!

Thanks! Yeah I just added on the 10K. I figure if I have to get through everyone anyways so why not DLS? Haha

Rain in Phoenix delayed our flight making us miss the LA to Orlando flight by 10 minutes! So we were rerouted through Houston and currently waiting to take off. So tired and can’t wait to get there. We lose our Epcot day but I was able to move our test track fp to later today. We are staying at boardwalk, so maybe we will still pop in for a bit after the Expo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter