2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Registered for fairy tale challenge and booked my air bnb! :flower:
I've only done one other run disney race and that was at Disneyland so I'm pretty excited. Been wanting to do this particular one for a long time now.

Registered for all 3 races!!! And when I tell people that they ALL ask me if I've lost my ever-loving mind :P

AND my running buddy cousin is coming down from Maryland to do the Challenge with me :D

Now we just have to be patient and wait to find out what the medals look like... :rolleyes1 :hourglass

YES, that is the looong wait now. :rolleyes1:rolleyes1:sad2::scared:

Stupid question - so last time my friend was really struggling and we missed the finish line festivities. Is there also a massage tent available for people who don't purchase race retreat? Looking at the 2018 map it looks separate. Just wondering if this is something we'd have access to (we didn't do race retreat).

Down year for princess? I’m surprised only the 10K sold out. Usually princess sells out quickly.
Interesting. I would love to see any internal data about what impact, if any, the hiatus on Disneyland races is causing for runDisney on the east coast in general. While I can certainly say that the hiatus has resulted in me making two trips to Disney World that were certainly not planned after I finished the 2017 Kessel Run, I wonder if I'm an outlier or part of a larger trend. As a side note, it's arguable that the west coast hiatus also resulted in my little sister coming to join me including park days for her during Dark Side this year and at least a hotel stay since she's also running 2019 Dopey with me. I tend to think that we more or less encouraged each other to run the marathon and I'm not so sure that either one of us would have committed to the marathon if the other one wasn't running.

Stupid question - so last time my friend was really struggling and we missed the finish line festivities. Is there also a massage tent available for people who don't purchase race retreat? Looking at the 2018 map it looks separate. Just wondering if this is something we'd have access to (we didn't do race retreat).
Yes! There is a massage tent for us commoners who don’t do the race retreat. $20 for 20 minutes and it was a GOOD massage. You can also do less time for less money but why not treat yo self!

Registered for my first ever runDisney race today (the 5K Princess) - so excited!! I am not a runner but a total Disney fan!

Should I buy the commemorative merchandise???

That is personal choice. The pins/magnets have always been aval. at Expo but depending on when you go to expo could risk sell out. The jacket is preorder exclusive, one at expo will be different design and My friend has found they run small and the bigger sizes go quick, plus we have never seen bigger than 2xl at expo. I preorder so I can have one less thing to worry about getting at expo and fact I'm probably doing this without my "grab stuff" assistant calms my nerves.

I would suggest as it is something I have done several times: Go back to your room and shower and get something to eat and rest a bit and then have an hour massage. You will have to pre-book and there are several locations around WDW. Then lay around the pool. Just a suggestion based off my experience.

I was pleasantly surprised to get the Perfect Princess email yesterday. I wasn't sure if they were going to continue as the email usually come much earlier than day of registration.

Has anyone ever gone the charity route before? I can’t believe the 5K is sold out. My husband and I got into the half but my family missed the 5k or 10k yesterday. So bummed. Trying to come up with options now.

I always carry Honey Stinger Chews with me and then I'll use the sports beans they give when they hand them out, but my own fuel the rest of the time. (I've tried sports beans at home and they are fine, I just find the Honey Stinger chews easier to chew.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!