2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs anyone?

Hope you jinxed them - as a Blackhawks fan, I detest the Blues.

I had the honor of seeing Denis Savard score his 1,000th career point in Chicago shortly before the Blues ripped off 4 straight for a 6-4 come from behind victory :)

I love Game 7's. I'd have to look it up, but I think this is the first season ever where more than one Game 7 was decided in double overtime.

Born in ‘67. I’ve literally been waiting my life for a Cup (STL’s final major sports championship).

Hope it works out for you.

I'm fortunate that my local teams have won the Stanley Cup, Super Bowl, World Series, and NBA championship while I was old enough to appreciate them.

Did St. Louis ever have a NBA team? I think there was an ABA one for a while.

I'm fortunate that my local teams have won the Stanley Cup, Super Bowl, World Series, and NBA championship while I was old enough to appreciate them.

Boston?

Yes, the Hawks were an STL team and they won the NBA championship before moving to Atlanta - but, also before I was born LOL.

And yes, there was an ABA team before the league folded - The Spirits (IIRC). They were finalists for the NBA expansion, but didn’t make the cut.

I love Game 7's. I'd have to look it up, but I think this is the first season ever where more than one Game 7 was decided in double overtime.

According to this, in 1994 there were also two Game 7's decided in double OT. Vancouver over Calgary and the NY Rangers over New Jersey.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NHL_game_sevens

Tonight's Sharks vs Avalanche will be the 5th Game 7 of the playoffs. In 1994 and 2011 there were 7 Game 7's.

There has never been a triple OT Game 7, but in 1987 there was a 4 OT Game 7: NY Islanders over the Washington Capitals.

Twice the Stanley Cup was won in OT during a Game 7; both by the Detroit Red Wings, both times in the 1950's.

Sharks and Blues. This will be fun.

They are very evenly matched. ;)

Both the Blues' and Sharks' arenas have had four names.

Blues:
Kiel Center
Savvis Center
Scottrade Center
Enterprise Center

Sharks:
San Jose Arena
Compaq Center
HP Pavillon
SAP Center

I've seen all my teams win a championship. But never at the same time. As the Bruins look to win a cup I'm so annoyed at the Celtics for not being able to join the Boston championship party. If the Bruins win I guess 3 at the same time will be cool.

I guess Sharks-Blues game 3 ended controversially. It did look like there was a direct hand pass that led to the OT goal, although I thought there might have been a stick (or it grazed a Blues player) on it before Erik Karlsson went five-hole. I'm still steamed that a clear over the glass penalty wasn't called, and the Blues scored quickly when they should have been down a player.

Apparently they can't review a hand pass, but they also couldn't review an over the glass call.

I guess Sharks-Blues game 3 ended controversially. It did look like there was a direct hand pass that led to the OT goal, although I thought there might have been a stick (or it grazed a Blues player) on it before Erik Karlsson went five-hole. I'm still steamed that a clear over the glass penalty wasn't called, and the Blues scored quickly when they should have been down a player.

Apparently they can't review a hand pass, but they also couldn't review an over the glass call.

I looked up the rules, and I'm not sure it meets the NHL definition of a hand pass, which requires a **deliberate** attempt to pass a puck to a teammate. He's not really batting it where there's a teammate that he can see is there to receive it. It looks more like he's batting it down and then trying to get a stick on it.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/rules/2018-2019-NHL-rulebook.pdf
Rule 67 – Handling Puck
67.1 Handling Puck - A player shall be permitted to stop or “bat” a puck in the air with his open hand, or push it along the ice with his hand, and the play shall not be stopped unless, in the opinion of the on-ice officials, he has deliberately directed the puck to a teammate, or has allowed his team to gain an advantage, in any zone other than the defending zone, in which case the play shall be stopped and a face-off conducted (see Rule 79 – Hand Pass). Play will not be stopped for any hand pass by players in their own defending zone.

Rule 79 – Hand Pass 79.1

Hand Pass - A player shall be permitted to stop or “bat” a puck in the air with his open hand, or push it along the ice with his hand, and the play shall not be stopped unless, in the opinion of the on-ice officials, he has directed the puck to a teammate, or has allowed his team to gain an advantage, and subsequently possession and control of the puck is obtained by a player of the offending team, either directly or deflected off any player or official. A player shall be permitted to catch the puck out of the air but must immediately place it or knock it down to the ice. If he catches it and skates with it, either to avoid a check or to gain a territorial advantage over his opponent, a minor penalty shall be assessed for “closing his hand on the puck” under Rule 67 – Handling Pu
The old rule seems to leave a little bit less room for interpretation (nothing about "allowed his team to gain an advantage):

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26478
Rule 67 - Handling Puck
67.1 Handling Puck - A player shall be permitted to stop or “bat” a puck in the air with his open hand, or push it along the ice with his hand, and the play shall not be stopped unless, in the opinion of the Referee, he has deliberately directed the puck to a teammate in any zone other than the defending zone, in which case the play shall be stopped and a face-off conducted (see Rule 79 – Hand Pass). Play will not be stopped for any hand pass by players in their own defending zone.​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter