2019 Using DxDP credits on others DISCUSSION HERE

I wholeheartedly agree that DW needs to “pick a lane”.

Chalking niceties up to pixie dust is one thing and it’s pretty awesome, but in not uniformly enforcing and/or providing the same terms on an expensive purchased plan, DW is setting themselves up for claims of discrimination, fraud, etc.

I think they are setting their poor CM's up for failure. This is a problem that they can wiggle out of if they choose, but the consequences of this for the front ling employees is horrible, as is the potential that the Dining plans become a convenient luxury rather than a viable part of a vacation package.

Respectfully, though, Disney isn't making more money when visitors with the DXDDP great visitors without. Disney already has your dining plan funds (or allocation.)

When (general) you treat someone else with your credits, Disney already has your money and now gets no money from your dinner companion.
I agree except for the fact that I would never purchase the Dx plan if I couldn't share. I do believe this is why they removed the wording from the literature a few years ago. That plan was not selling. Now they have allowed sharing for a few years and they are probably assuming those of us that bought and shared will continue to buy. Disney knows what they are doing. They popularized ths plan by making it more guest friendly and now it appears they are tightening the rules which they have every right to. I just won't be buying it. Time will tell of Disney loses or gains with the changes.

Disney has every right to create rules, but they should clearly communicate their rules. The wording they have does not support the way they are enforcing it. They need to bring the words into line with what the policy is (their current wording is too vague- I could never get away with that loose of word choice).

Initially I had some trepidation about sharing credits with people not on my plan: I knew I needed something I could show on the off chance I received pushback. As a result, I emailed Walt Disney World Guest Mail specifically asking if I could share credits with guests not on my plan.

I’ve flagged their response to locate easier, but here is the answer I received:

“Such a generous gesture of you planning on treating your friends to a lovely meal. You will be happy to learn that you would be able to use your Dining Credits as you see fit. Feel free to use them with your friends and make memories together here at Walt Disney World®.”

Initially I had some trepidation about sharing credits with people not on my plan: I knew I needed something I could show on the off chance I received pushback. As a result, I emailed Walt Disney World Guest Mail specifically asking if I could share credits with guests not on my plan.

I’ve flagged their response to locate easier, but here is the answer I received:

“Such a generous gesture of you planning on treating your friends to a lovely meal. You will be happy to learn that you would be able to use your Dining Credits as you see fit. Feel free to use them with your friends and make memories together here at Walt Disney World®.”
@Orangeman98 , when did you receive that email response from Disney? No one has shared any very recent communications.

I think disney may end up cutting off their nose to spite their face on this one. It is in my opinion, the problem is not sharing the credits that is losing them money, it is the adults using child credits and getting 60 dollars of food in one meal what costs 45 for the 3 credits. I would really love to see the explanation of how sharing food loses money when they already have my money. I guess disney really expects us to plan piss poorly and leave without using all the credits and they pocket the profits (fyi I would never let that happen). As far as I'm concerned, disney is encouraging me throwing out food, because that is what happens when we all need to be on the plan (mistake I made when I was a noob). I order it because I paid for it, but end up taking a few bites and throwing it away. If i cannot share, i will not buy the plan, and probably won't even stay on property (being able to buy the plan is the only reason I stay on property.... I'm not so Disney crazy that i need to), and therefore will maybe only eat one QS meal a day, if that, at the park. I can emphatically tell you, disney will lose money from me by not allowing sharing...not like one person makes up the bottom line, but that's my two cents, for what it's worth.

I don’t know if Disney would lose money on us or not if they disallow sharing. I do know that we spend more on the plan than we do for sit-down meals when not on the plan, because we perceive the plan (with sharing allowed) to be a good value, and so are willing to spend the extra money to get that value.

However, not knowing the profit margin on a sit-down meal for Disney, I have no idea whether they make money on me when I get the plan and share credits. I do know that we generally come out a few hundred dollars ahead.

I’m nervous that just having an email from a minimum wage employee in a call center won’t change the mind of a busy restaurant manager who won’t allow sharing. I don’t want stress on my vacation!

Our trip is next week, and I do have an email specifically stating sharing is allowed. My plan is if the manager will not allow it, I will pay OOP (bill to the room) and talk to guest services at the hotel later.

Our trip is next week, and I do have an email specifically stating sharing is allowed. My plan is if the manager will not allow it, I will pay OOP (bill to the room) and talk to guest services at the hotel later.
If you don't mind report back on how it goes! When we shared at the end of December I did not ask the servers...I just told them to "scan this band and use the credits on everyone at the table" and I did not have any issues anywhere except for 50's. We just aren't going to go back there, but if I were going again this week I would would do things just the same!

I just told them to "scan this band and use the credits on everyone at the table"

That is what we have already done in the past as well. I am hoping it just goes smoothly and we don't have any issues. As of now we plan to share credits at:

The Wave
Yak & Yeti
Artist Point
The Boathouse

When the reports of issues started, and CG was specifically mentioned, I cancelled brunch and booked the Boathouse instead. This is on our last day, and I didn't want to take the chance of being stuck with the credits.

That is what we have already done in the past as well. I am hoping it just goes smoothly and we don't have any issues. As of now we plan to share credits at:

The Wave
Yak & Yeti
Artist Point
The Boathouse

When the reports of issues started, and CG was specifically mentioned, I cancelled brunch and booked the Boathouse instead. This is on our last day, and I didn't want to take the chance of being stuck with the credits.
California grill was no problem for us to share and I also messaged one of their servers on a group I am in and she told me it’s no issue with her and she is a server there.

California grill was no problem for us to share and I also messaged one of their servers on a group I am in and she told me it’s no issue with her and she is a server there.

Earlier in the original thread, someone had said they had a problem at CG. With it being our last meal of the trip I didn't want to take the chance. I have been wanting to try the Boathouse anyway, so I am happy with the change in plans at this point. I haven't heard of anyone having issues at non-Disney restaurants, so I thought it was a safe choice.

Earlier in the original thread, someone had said they had a problem at CG. With it being our last meal of the trip I didn't want to take the chance. I have been wanting to try the Boathouse anyway, so I am happy with the change in plans at this point. I haven't heard of anyone having issues at non-Disney restaurants, so I thought it was a safe choice.
Its a good choice and we LOVED Boathouse. We had no problems sharing there either. The filet oscar was AMAZING!

The Wave
Yak & Yeti
Artist Point
The Boathouse

We were there about 3 weeks ago and ate at Artist Point & The Boathouse (among a bunch of others) with no issue. I also had my email, that said I was able to share, at the ready at every meal we had and never had to pull out my phone to show anyone. Obviously YMMV but we didn't have an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter