2019 Virtual Series - Marvel Themed

After watching Endgame, I really hope they bring back the Avengers/Super Heroes race to Disneyland. We only got to collect three of the six Infinity Stones.
I'll be interested to see what they do if they do bring races back to Disneyland. For whatever reason, after its inaugural year, Avengers was the lowest selling of the Disneyland races and didn't come close to selling out even after everyone knew it would be the last race in Disneyland for a long time at best, forever at worst. At the same time, I think Marvel is even more popular now than it was 2 years ago.

July is sold out now too
I think this finally forced me to decide to register. I've thought about it for a few weeks now, but never quite actually registered. Seeing this helped me determine that I would regret it if the challenge sold out.

So sad the individual months are sold out. I want that Iron Man medal but now the only way would be to do all 3. But I’m not sure I can justify that cost.
I would continue to keep an eye out on the registrations. We know that they have broken up race weekend challenge bibs to offer 5K or 10K spots when the challenge did not sell out. If the challenge here does not sell out, it might happen here as well. I mean if we hit July and the challenge is not sold out, they may very well open up some single virtual race spots again.

I doubt we'll ever know but I would like to see how many spots they had available for this year vs previous years. Is the sellout a result of a very popular theme? Or did they have fewer registrations available in an effort to approximate previous years demands when most of those did not sell out only to get higher demand this year?

This is my first year participating in the Challenge. I'm not getting the process at all. I've read on this thread that a previous participant had paid for one Challenge and then awarded their children one of the medals each right after running a single 5K together. Does that mean that the medals, bibs and towel are sent out ahead of time? Or do we need to post our times before receiving anything? I was assuming ahead of time, because what's the point of sending us bibs and a towel after the fact? I was expecting to see something in the mail by now. Any insights? Thanks!!

This is my first year participating in the Challenge. I'm not getting the process at all. I've read on this thread that a previous participant had paid for one Challenge and then awarded their children one of the medals each right after running a single 5K together. Does that mean that the medals, bibs and towel are sent out ahead of time? Or do we need to post our times before receiving anything? I was assuming ahead of time, because what's the point of sending us bibs and a towel after the fact? I was expecting to see something in the mail by now. Any insights? Thanks!!
I was under the assumption that bibs were to be printed out from the PDF file on The RunDisney blog and medals would be sent post challenge

I ran the challenge last year and here's my experience.

I registered in April at the Dark Side race expo. I used it as training motivation to get me running consistently before Dopey training began.

Sometime in June before Incredibles II was released in theaters, I received the box with all 4 medals and a special gift for challenge runners. At that point, whether or not I ran a 3.1 miles in July and 3.1 miles in August was completely up to me. I did not at any time in June print out a bib or create a finishers certificate for myself. I had the medals in hand before Incredibles II opened and even took one of the medal to an opening screening because I'm a geek that way.

I was under the assumption that bibs were to be printed out from the PDF file on The RunDisney blog and medals would be sent post challenge
Unless they've changed things from last year and even how they operated the 2018 and 2019 Star Wars Virtual Half Marathons, once you register, they will send out the medals regardless of completion status. I decided to register my nephew for the August 5K last year as a birthday present and I never reported anything to runDisney. In late September, his medal arrived.

Honestly, I don't think they worry at all about whether or not virtual participants finished the virtual distance(s) in question. In the case of the virtual half, they're very clear that all 13.1 miles do not need to be run at once. I think they view it as a way to entice people to come to the parks for an in person runDisney event some day.

Can I enter multiple times for a virtual race? Or should I wait for the end of the month and just enter my best time for the month?

Has anyone received their medals yet? I registered a month ago and seem to recall that last time I did the summer series, everything arrived in early June.

Has anyone received their medals yet? I registered a month ago and seem to recall that last time I did the summer series, everything arrived in early June.
I registered months ago and haven't received anything yet. I've even uploaded my June race time so I could download my first finisher certificate.

I would continue to keep an eye out on the registrations. We know that they have broken up race weekend challenge bibs to offer 5K or 10K spots when the challenge did not sell out. If the challenge here does not sell out, it might happen here as well. I mean if we hit July and the challenge is not sold out, they may very well open up some single virtual race spots again.

I doubt we'll ever know but I would like to see how many spots they had available for this year vs previous years. Is the sellout a result of a very popular theme? Or did they have fewer registrations available in an effort to approximate previous years demands when most of those did not sell out only to get higher demand this year?
I was really hoping they’d do this but now the challenge is sold out too. I’m so sad I missed out on that Iron Man medal. :guilty:

I was really hoping they’d do this but now the challenge is sold out too. I’m so sad I missed out on that Iron Man medal. :guilty:
I think this is the first time the challenge has sold out, so I'd be interested to see if there was greater interest in this year's theme or if there was a lower amount of medals available tied to previous years final numbers.

Has anyone who signed up for the challenge actually gotten their medals yet? I just realized that June ends this weekend and I haven't done my June 5k yet....and then I started panicking that I hadn't actually registered! (Don't worry - I checked - I did register!) I can't remember when I got my medals last year so I just thought I'd check in and see if anyone has gotten this year's medals yet!

Has anyone who signed up for the challenge actually gotten their medals yet? I just realized that June ends this weekend and I haven't done my June 5k yet....and then I started panicking that I hadn't actually registered! (Don't worry - I checked - I did register!) I can't remember when I got my medals last year so I just thought I'd check in and see if anyone has gotten this year's medals yet!
I haven't received mine yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter