2019 Virtual Series - Marvel Themed

My DS is doing his June run Sunday morning. We're visiting DC and he wanted to do his run here. We mapped his course out today and he's super exited. It's *hot* here, so I told my early bird, cool-weather runner that we can go as soon as the sun is up so it's not as hot. Good luck to all the other runners!
Hoping that the "sorry you weren't home" notice the mail carrier left is for the medals.

Did anyone get a shipping notice for their medals or did they just show up? We're going on a trip for the 4th and I need to figure out if I need to have someone come check for their arrival.

Did anyone get a shipping notice for their medals or did they just show up? We're going on a trip for the 4th and I need to figure out if I need to have someone come check for their arrival.
I didn’t get any notification. Just happened to see the FedEx truck out front yesterday and didn’t know what it was for. Then was pleasantly surprised to see all the challenge medals.

I didn’t get any notification. Just happened to see the FedEx truck out front yesterday and didn’t know what it was for. Then was pleasantly surprised to see all the challenge medals.

Thank you! We leave early Wednesday, so hope they show up today or tomorrow!

I just got my Virtual RunDisney medals on Friday (signed up for the Virtual Challenge) and the quality and size of each medal was outstanding! I'm honestly shocked about how nice they are! June and July are out of the way and just August to go!

I got back from being out of town to find my medals waiting for me. I really like the medals this year. I may take them down to Disneyland later this summer and get some medal photos with Captain Marvel and Black Panther.

Maybe it's all about location. I'm in Illinois and still haven't received mine yet.

Maybe it's all about location. I'm in Illinois and still haven't received mine yet.

I don't know if there is a rhyme or reason to it. I signed up for the challenge and submitted my time for the first 5K on June 1st when I ran that morning. I'm not sure if reporting my time early put my delivery on a faster track or the fact that I signed up for the challenge did that. But my box included all 4 medals (even though I only ran July this morning) plus a souvenir coin (not sure if that's for the challenge or for just doing one race).

FWIW I’m from Florida
I don't know if there is a rhyme or reason to it. I signed up for the challenge and submitted my time for the first 5K on June 1st when I ran that morning....
Is there an official place to submit time or just the place to submit for a finisher certificate

I don't know if there is a rhyme or reason to it. I signed up for the challenge and submitted my time for the first 5K on June 1st when I ran that morning. I'm not sure if reporting my time early put my delivery on a faster track or the fact that I signed up for the challenge did that. But my box included all 4 medals (even though I only ran July this morning) plus a souvenir coin (not sure if that's for the challenge or for just doing one race).
I think the coin is for doing the challenge.

My experience last year with 2 different virtual race registrations went as follows:

I registered myself for the entire series at the 2018 Dark Side race weekend. In mid June, before Incredibles 2 was released in theaters, I received all 4 medals.

In late July, I registered my nephew for the August race since he really loved both Dash and Jack Jack from the movie as a birthday present. He waited not so patiently for his present to arrive not knowing what it was. In late September, he called me up and excitedly announced "it's here" and I went out to see him that night so he could formally run the race and receive his medal.

I did not submit the time or produce a finishers certificate for myself or my nephew until September.

Also, I did not submit a finishers time for either the 2018 Star Wars Virtual Half Marathon which I picked up at the Dark Side expo or the 2019 Star Wars Virtual Half which was mailed to me since I was not running at Rival Run weekend. I do not think there is any correlation between submitting time and when the medals are sent. Nor do I think there is a correlation between when you register and when the medals are sent. This year I registered in May for the series and the medals appear to have arrived around the same time as they did for others. I'm guessing that most series participants will see their medals this week.

Last year, I remember reading that some who ran one of the races had to wait a few weeks, which matches what happened with my nephew.

Is there an official place to submit time or just the place to submit for a finisher certificate
Since the race is self timed, I think the finishers certificate is where you enter your time.

Just submitted my time for June, now to work on July! I want to get it done this week before the weather really warms up here.

BTW, I'm in Canada (on the West Coast) and no sign of my medals, but last year my medal (I only did the June 5k last year, this year I'm doing all 3) didn't show up til early September(?!) I believe so yeah, it can take a while, esp if you are not in the US.

Is there a way to add the time to you're account or can you just get the certificate? (Which isn't behind a login).
From Eruope and no medals yet

Posting your times gets you the certificate, and you can see your past certificate times (it’s all linked to emails), but it doesn’t post the self recorded times to your actual RunDisney account (mine just shows my registration info for the virtual runs and nothing more).

Since the hot weather hasn't come to Southern BC yet I decided to pound out the 5k for July, did it this morning; while my kids played at the playground and parkour court, I walked the running track next door, time 51:26 a personal best for me. My husband says I should do this every day....I'll miss him when he moves out :rotfl2:

CONGRATS!!! 🏆🥇

Have yet to receive mine (Northern Illinois). I thought I saw on the website that they would be out within 30 days of the first race day (June 1st). At what point do you think I need to get worried that my medals are lost, stolen or will never be sent out? Not getting a shipping notification with tracking info really bites. Did anyone else receive tracking info?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter