2020 dining plan changes- game changer! DxDP - any plan changes or credit sharing issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we have 2 reservations and 2 rooms, 1 room with 2 people in 22 years old and the other person is 20. In the other room we have mom and dad. So with our current reservation in our kids room we have Quick service and mom and dad's room we have deluxe. Does this affect us? or is it just for children under 12 years old. Thank you in advance.

we don’t know yet is sharing w folks not on your plan/room is allowed

When it comes to the dining plan, "Kids" means guests that have a child ticket - 9 years old or under. 10 and up is considered a "Disney adult"

Thank you, that's what I thought but wasn't sure due to the policy with alcoholic drinks being served and one of my kids being 20 at the time of travel.

Same price for 10 or 20 or 21. Just legally 21 yo get access to alcohol for their option.

Thank you, that's what I thought but wasn't sure due to the policy with alcoholic drinks being served and one of my kids being 20 at the time of travel.

The alcoholic drinks on the adult dining credits are always optional (plenty of adults don't drink!) so that doesn't factor in at all, dining credits are purely categorized by age. At the restaurants they'll check ID's of anyone ordering alcohol.

To be fair, the change isn't an actual policy change. The policy has been that kids (i.e., children aged 9 and under on a child ticket) have to order from the kids' menu wherever one is available. The policy just wasn't enforced because of the way the credits were pooled.

That being said, this is still a pretty big deal for families who have known how this worked for years and were counting on it, especially on the deluxe plan.

This would have been huge to us as my dd and I always shared our QS meals so ordered adult meals. She’s 10 now so a Disney ‘adult’ but I feel badly for those who booked based on the way the QS credits worked until yesterday. 🙁

this is one change I wish Disney had announced prior to implementing to give families there now or leaving shortly time to prepare accordingly.

Last edited:
This would have been huge to us as my dd snd I always shared our QS meals so ordered adult meals. She’s 10 now so a Disney ‘adult’ but I feel badly for those who booked based on the way the QS credits worked until yesterday. 🙁

this is one change I wish Disney had announced prior to implementing to give families there now or leaving shortly time to prepare accordingly.

Agreed. We check in on the 3rd. My DD is 11, so we are not impacted, but if she was 9 like our last visit I would be on the phone trying to change our plan. We just wouldn’t use kids meals.

I wonder if it only affects people who began checking in today? I can’t imagine they’d suddenly be able to differentiate credits for families who Had already started their trips.

I suppose this doesn't impact QS restaurants that do not offer kids meals? The kids can still use their credits there for adult meals?

I wonder with the Deluxe if there will now be a child appetizer menu? Most TS we have eaten at never had the childs apps so they always had to get an adults app.

I wonder if it only affects people who began checking in today? I can’t imagine they’d suddenly be able to differentiate credits for families who Had already started their trips.

Good question, but if it's showing for one, it's probably showing for all.

I suppose this doesn't impact QS restaurants that do not offer kids meals? The kids can still use their credits there for adult meals?

Are there any QS that don't have a kid's meal anymore? If there are, then, yes, the kids could be able to get whatever is offered.

I wonder with the Deluxe if there will now be a child appetizer menu? Most TS we have eaten at never had the childs apps so they always had to get an adults app.

I think most of them do, but it is something very small like carrot sticks, salad, or a soup of some kind. None of them have apps like the adults do.

The policy has always specifically said that children had to order from the kids' menu wherever one was available. It always left open the option that if a kids' menu was not available, children could order from the adult menu. So I would imagine that would remain the same.

Also, buffets have always been different. Even though there is usually a "kids' section" on the buffets, there has never been any restriction on who could eat from what part of the buffet. Kids get food from the "adult" portion and adults get food from the "kid" portion all the time.

Good question, but if it's showing for one, it's probably showing for all.

So far, the examples shown on this thread seem to indicate they are differentiated credits for people who are just checking in today.

I can’t imagine waking up after being at Disney for a week on a two week trip to find unused credits have suddenly been erroneously assigned.

Also, buffets have always been different. Even though there is usually a "kids' section" on the buffets, there has never been any restriction on who could eat from what part of the buffet. Kids get food from the "adult" portion and adults get food from the "kid" portion all the time.

Yep - at the buffets you are paying an entry fee based on age, but all food is available to everyone.

I do feel badly for folks who specifically got the dining plan with intention to use it the way it's worked previously. Advance notice and a "start date" in the future would have been nice...but at the same time it's not a change in policy so much as a change in the ENFORCEMENT of those policies.

I can’t say I feel bad if you were trying to cheat the system and now can not. If you put the children in 1 room so you only pay the child rate on the deluxe plan but then planned to use them on the adults. You know it’s not the rule.

Disney states a child is under 9 so when you buying the DulxD plan knowing the plan to use the child credits on adults ... you know you were using the loophole in the system. It is was only time that Disney would fix it.

It’s a given once enough people know and start doing it Disney sees and fixes the issue.

Please stop w the cheat the system. The system was broken. People used it to their advantage and good for them. Disney created this mess and now they fixed it.

for those that remember back, credits were heavily policed. As in you have 2a 2c you were allowed to buy 2 a and 2 c meals. This was heavily enforced. Until it wasn’t. Paying for someone else was equally forbidden. Until it wasn’t.

the credits are now broken out the way, truthfully, as they should have been since the beginning.

we have also been saying for months, that’s how the plan works TODAY, no idea if we will see changes.

i feel for those that booked planning on using the plan as was. That is not going to be fun experiences in restaurants.

as to child menu, we used to have a thread on that. Casey’s has no child’s menu. Or didn’t when I checked this morning

heres the link to the child’s no menu places. I don’t know if this list is still current
https://www.disboards.com/threads/kids-cs-credits-menus-faq-q-a.2479727/

Please stop w the cheat the system. The system was broken. People used it to their advantage and good for them. Disney created this mess and now they fixed it.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/kids-cs-credits-menus-faq-q-a.2479727/

Yep - nobody was cheating the system but there were clear loopholes that people found a way to work to their advantage. Disney didn't owe anyone an advanced explanation of how they were going to improve their dining credit system to close the loophole. Would it have been nice? Sure, but it wasn't necessary nor an actual change in policy.

Seems like a real headache for people who planned their trip so far in advance and are just getting this news dumped on them now. It was frustrating for me when DD was 9 at the time of travel and turned 10 on the trip. I was under the impression that her child's meal plan was what I was supposed to purchase and it was not a problem. Well, during the trip, servers would ask her age and I would clarify the situation and sure enough, Chef Mickey's pulled an adult TS from me to use on her. I had to get that straightened out and just told DD to say she was 9 if anyone asked. That was pretty mild compared to what some people may be facing. Ugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter