2020 dining plan changes- game changer! DxDP - any plan changes or credit sharing issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just for planning purposes. If I were to order 2 alcohol drinks with the adult meals (QS), if I go to the counter with 2 x Adult IDs would that be ok? - Cause my husband will be finding seats, geting napkins, settling the kids etc etc.
TIA

So just for planning purposes. If I were to order 2 alcohol drinks with the adult meals (QS), if I go to the counter with 2 x Adult IDs would that be ok? - Cause my husband will be finding seats, geting napkins, settling the kids etc etc.
TIA
Depends on the CM. Even without the dining plan I've been denied buying 2 drinks without a second adult with ID present. Some CMs allowed me to buy 2 drinks without a second adult. It really can depend in the CM and they have every right to tell you no.

So just trying to avoid getting incorrectly charged and have my dining credit used properly, would mobile ordering be a problem? Or at mobile pickup, I'll have the kids just "hold" the table while hubby and I come pickup our food? This is just for adult meal credits claiming adult meal/ drinks.

I can confirm that today at the Mara an adult credit could still be converted to 3 snacks but a child’s credit can be used for nothing but a kids meal.
It is being very strictly enforced.
Whereas we converted both an adult QS and child QS credit into 3 snacks each, yesterday at the Poly market. So... :confused:

We also placed two separate mobile orders at Capt. Cook’s, for 3 QS meals along with 3 Old Elephant IPAs, and both times picked up by a single adult with no ID requested. And the credits were cleanly applied at the end of the mobile order.

Whereas we converted both an adult QS and child QS credit into 3 snacks each, yesterday at the Poly market. So... :confused:

We also placed two separate mobile orders at Capt. Cook’s, for 3 QS meals along with 3 Old Elephant IPAs, and both times picked up by a single adult with no ID requested.
So it sounds like you have been very lucky.
I wouldn't consider it a trend/policy change unless we get a number of similar reports.

We also placed two separate mobile orders at Capt. Cook’s, for 3 QS meals along with 3 Old Elephant IPAs, and both times picked up by a single adult with no ID requested. And the credits were cleanly applied at the end of the mobile order.

When did your vacation start?

So it sounds like you have been very lucky.
I wouldn't consider it a trend/policy change unless we get a number of similar reports.
Just remembered, I also ordered 3 QS meals (on QSDP) with margaritas at Cantina de San Angel yesterday, picked them all up myself, no ID needed. Of course, we used 3 adult QS credits for those. FWIW

When did your vacation start?
1/1/20
This was our first time on the QSDP too, so it was definitely an interesting time for it.

One kind of annoying thing, which may have always been the case, was that QS and snack orders usually had to be processed separately at the register. But it was not an issue for mobile orders. So again :confused:

1/1/20
This was our first time on the QSDP too, so it was definitely an interesting time for it.

Interesting - I imagine a lot has to do with how quickly they are updating the POS systems at each location, it's entirely possible (and kinda Disney's MO) that they are making the changes to the POS systems on a rolling basis and probably started in the parks. I'd enjoy it as pixie dust while it lasts!!

Something that has been brought up several times is how limited Child's menus at many of the restaurants can be...

Just a suggestion, if it's not on the menu, it doesn't hurt to ask. I remember the last time we had the regular Disney Dining Plan, we were at Via Napoli (or was it Tutto Italia?) and my son wanted the shrimp scampi pasta, but it wasn't on the Child's menu. We asked the server if they could do a child's portion of it and it was no problem (and it still counted as a Child's TS credit). Obviously this is YMMV from restaurant to restaurant and server to server, but again, it doesn't hurt to ask!

Last edited:
Something that has been brought up several times is how limited Child's menus at many of the restaurants can be...

Just a suggestion, if it's not on the menu, it doesn't hurt to ask. I remember that last time we had the regular Disney Dining Plan, we were at Via Napoli (or was it Tutto Italia?) and my son wanted the shrimp scampi pasta, but it wasn't on the Child's menu. We asked the server if they could do a child's portion of it and it was no problem (and it still counted as a Child's TS credit). Obviously this is YMMV from restaurant to restaurant and server to server, but again, it doesn't hurt to ask!
I have to say, servers were always incredibly helpful helping us find good things for DS to eat. he is autistic, and has food issues that don't fall into the allergy spectrum, but do make eating out a challenge. They were always happy to work with us, and within the child credit parameter, but, that was before this change so, I don't know what it's like now.

1/1/20

One kind of annoying thing, which may have always been the case, was that QS and snack orders usually had to be processed separately at the register. But it was not an issue for mobile orders. So again :confused:
This has always been the case. Not sure why it can't be updated but so far this is the norm. A bit of an inconvenience but I'm on vacation so I'll take the time for 2 transactions.

Interesting - I imagine a lot has to do with how quickly they are updating the POS systems at each location, it's entirely possible (and kinda Disney's MO) that they are making the changes to the POS systems on a rolling basis and probably started in the parks. I'd enjoy it as pixie dust while it lasts!!

What does POS mean in this instance? Because I know darn well what I say as I read it is definitely not what it actually means :rotfl2:

TIA

We've always been able to do it. ALWAYS

TIA

Oh, and we've never had to provide the other ID - but we aren't near our 20s either.

People have shared for many years at WDW. Or they order salads and shared apps for dinner or apps alone.
We've done this often. It avoids a heavy dinner every night and lets use have more choice. Add in a couple of glasses of wine, and the mouse does ok. :flower:
More than okay. $18 a glass/pour. But, I will say that Jiko has a wine that is soooo good and I even sent my husband back down for 2 more glasses that I enjoyed our our balcony. I can't remember the name for the life of me. Itwas semi sweet. Not a moscato or rieslieng.
When we eat at Jiko, we get an etree, a couple of apps, and 2 drinks (wine for me and some type of bourbon for DH)

Just a suggestion, if it's not on the menu, it doesn't hurt to ask. I remember the last time we had the regular Disney Dining Plan, we were at Via Napoli (or was it Tutto Italia?) and my son wanted the shrimp scampi pasta, but it wasn't on the Child's menu. We asked the server if they could do a child's portion of it and it was no problem (and it still counted as a Child's TS credit). Obviously this is YMMV from restaurant to restaurant and server to server, but again, it doesn't hurt to ask!

‘I agree with this, amd it works the other way as well. At a few TS restaurants on our last trip, our new Disney adult wasn’t always keen on the adult choices (Snow White’s dinner....sorry, blanking on the name), so she had a larger portion of one of the child offerings.

I haven’t found that our kids are always eating the same things, even at QS (unless they want). TS definitely have choices for kids meals, and we didn’t have a single hot dog during our last trip! I admit, my 6 year old did eat multiple pB&J sandwiches though! :rolleyes1

I was thinking as our family of 5 gets older, we might eventually upgrade to the Deluxe DP, and get two rooms....but sounds like that will no longer be an option.

You are able to use two different Magicbands with different credits when dining correct?

For instance, I'd like to have my parents deluxe plan cover the adults and my regular dining plan credits could cover the kids. (This is assuming that we all have have credits available). No issues with using multiple payments correct?

You are also always able to pay out of pocket for kids (or anyone?) if you are short entitlements or wish not to apply them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter