2020 dining plan changes- game changer! DxDP - any plan changes or credit sharing issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if it only affects people who began checking in today? I can’t imagine they’d suddenly be able to differentiate credits for families who Had already started their trips.
I can confirm that those who started the deluxe plan in 2019 are not affected as of today. We used our deluxe plan at lunch with no issues or credit differentiation. Shared with our other room too.

That makes perfect sense. You can’t determine part way through how to designate a difference. Glad you are not experiencing any issues w 2019 carryover

I wonder if there’s any advantage to getting the dining plan now. We are in two rooms. One with 2 adults and 3 kids and the other with 3 adults.

It’s still a math exercise. Just have to account now for child meals w child credits
Math hurts my head lol. I have to sit down and see if any room combination makes it worth it. It was easy to figure out before haha. Someone needs to make an app 😂

I wonder if there’s any advantage to getting the dining plan now. We are in two rooms. One with 2 adults and 3 kids and the other with 3 adults.

The problem you have is the odd numbers. If you did the DxDDP with 2 adults and 1 child, then you would have enough credits for everyone to do 1 TS per night, but have 1 adult credit per night "left over." Depending on the number of nights you stay, you might could do one more meal and just pay OOP for the kids.

But can you still share credits with those not in your room? I mean if all are adults and such? Nothing to do with a kid's credit.

Does anyone know what the process is for cancelling the dining plan if you are a few weeks out from your trip? With these changes the math isn’t working out now for our family.

The problem you have is the odd numbers. If you did the DxDDP with 2 adults and 1 child, then you would have enough credits for everyone to do 1 TS per night, but have 1 adult credit per night "left over." Depending on the number of nights you stay, you might could do one more meal and just pay OOP for the kids.

yep I figured the odd numbered kids would throw us. We plan on doing 2 meals a day. Some would be qs and some ts. I can’t eat a full meal myself so I could easily split with a kid. It’s too much for my brain so I’ll just pay OOP lol. We’re DVC so we can get tables in wonderland to help offset it.

I would imagine if you have adult credits left to cover guests not in your room, you would be covered.
We have to re-evaluate everything now (changing our ADR’s, going from Deluxe to Standard, our adding a DP for our other room).

I understand it was a loophole closed, but it just takes new strategies to consider.

I'm curious to know if the (sort of) opposite will be allowed: DxDP adult credit allowed to be used for a kid's meal? I know it's not the best value... but my party was considering sharing DxDP credits between 2 rooms: DxDP room has 4 adults, other room has 2 adults/2 kids (ages 5 and 9) but with no dining plan. Will anything be said about us wanting to pay for the 2 kids using DxDP adult credits?

Does anyone know what the process is for cancelling the dining plan if you are a few weeks out from your trip? With these changes the math isn’t working out now for our family.

You'll probably need to call. Be prepared to pay a "change" fee. Not sure what it is these days, but since you're total cost will be less, they will probably charge you.

I'm curious to know if the (sort of) opposite will be allowed: DxDP adult credit allowed to be used for a kid's meal? I know it's not the best value... but my party was considering sharing DxDP credits between 2 rooms: DxDP room has 4 adults, other room has 2 adults/2 kids (ages 5 and 9) but with no dining plan. Will anything be said about us wanting to pay for the 2 kids using DxDP adult credits?

I'm sure they will, but why would you? If you're at an a la carte place, the price of a kid's meal is $10-15. That credit is worth about $35. Even using the adult credit for an adult QS meal makes better financial sense than using it on a kid's meal.

This totally changes things for me. I was planning on having my 6 and 2 year old share an adult meal. The kids credit is not enough food for my son. I was waiting on (hopefully) free dining to drop. If I purchase an adult ticket for my son, he would technically get adult meal credits, correct? The ticket price is only about $20 for 7 day park hoppers.

This totally changes things for me. I was planning on having my 6 and 2 year old share an adult meal. The kids credit is not enough food for my son. I was waiting on (hopefully) free dining to drop. If I purchase an adult ticket for my son, he would technically get adult meal credits, correct? The ticket price is only about $20 for 7 day park hoppers.

You would also have to purchase the adult dining plan for him which is significantly more expensive than the kid's.

I'm sure they will, but why would you? If you're at an a la carte place, the price of a kid's meal is $10-15. That credit is worth about $35. Even using the adult credit for an adult QS meal makes better financial sense than using it on a kid's meal.

Yes, we know it isn’t the best value, but it is better than the credits not being used. We currently have just a couple more TS reservations than what we'd have allotment for using the DDP, so trying to figure out if upgrading to DxDP would be worth doing rather than paying oop for the overage of TS meals.

i haven’t seen any updates if sharing w people not on the plan is an issue. Just keep that in mind.

Sharing credits with another room doesn’t make sense now. We would be wasting about half the kids dining credits.

Does anyone think this new change here on January 1st has anything to do with the rumored drop of free dining tomorrow, January 2nd?

ETA: I have not been following free dining rumors. I only remember reading about the rumored drop somewhere on the internet recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter