2020 dining plan changes- game changer! DxDP - any plan changes or credit sharing issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pumbaa_

>Hakuna Matata!<
Will unlock this thread at the beginning of the year.

ok, thread is unlocked and the first reported change is below. Child and adult credits are being reported as being separated. See screen shot below

Anyone else?

Backstory
January 2019 multiple folks shared they experienced push back on using their deluxe credits on folks not in their room. Concerned there was a policy change, we watched carefully what folks were experiencing

Turns out a couple managers (we assume) became a tad diligent on interpreting DxDP.

Last edited:
Someone in a Facebook group I am in reported that as of today their deluxe dining plan credits are differentiated between adult and children. Screenshot attached. Can anyone else confirm ?? If so this is a major change that significantly limit the flexibility and value of the deluxe plan!!

Attachments

• 9FF945A7-7A8D-462A-BA63-D8B399EE46E3.png
    9FF945A7-7A8D-462A-BA63-D8B399EE46E3.png
    129.7 KB · Views: 651
This is the first I’ve heard or seen. Moving to the 2020 dxdp thread

thank you for sharing!

Someone in a Facebook group I am in reported that as of today their deluxe dining plan credits are differentiated between adult and children. Screenshot attached. Can anyone else confirm ?? If so this is a major change that significantly limit the flexibility and value of the deluxe plan!!
Someone posted in the FB group that I am in with a screen shot for QS dining plan showing kids and adult credits split out separately.

Can someone explain what is different and why it makes a difference? Are you getting less credits now or restrictions that weren't there before? I'm just asking because don't have kids.

Thanks!

Credits were pooled previously for cs credits and all dxdp credits. Meaning a child could order adult meals but pay child prices. Or share w guests not in your room. Great deal for DxDP especially

Can someone explain what is different and why it makes a difference? Are you getting less credits now or restrictions that weren't there before? I'm just asking because don't have kids.

Thanks!
It wont affect you, but before today you could use Child QS credits for Adult QS meals and if on the Deluxe dining plan you could use Child TS credits for Adult TS meals.

So- in theory you can still share credits as long as the ratio of kids to adults is the same? So party of 6, 4 disney adults, 2 disney kids- If 2 adults one kid in each of two rooms - but dining plan only on one room - could share? Dining plan is just too much food, and we book 2 rooms due to party of 6.

Also wondering if this loophole was closed too...

Thankfully we were not counting on using kids CS credits too often but this is definitely a game changer!

Specifically on DxDP it was an amazing deal before. There was so much food kids could eat the apps from parents meals, and kids credits could be pooled for more signature dining options.

My daughter was 9 our last trip, and we got DxDP before because she would never have wanted to order kids meals, and DDP limited her to them. So DxDP made the most sense. With this change we would have skipped the DP entirely. She is now 11, so no biggie.

So we have 2 reservations and 2 rooms, 1 room with 2 people in 22 years old and the other person is 20. In the other room we have mom and dad. So with our current reservation in our kids room we have Quick service and mom and dad's room we have deluxe. Does this affect us? or is it just for children under 12 years old. Thank you in advance.

So we have 2 reservations and 2 rooms, 1 room with 2 people in 22 years old and the other person is 20. In the other room we have mom and dad. So with our current reservation in our kids room we have Quick service and mom and dad's room we have deluxe. Does this affect us? or is it just for children under 12 years old. Thank you in advance.

When it comes to the dining plan, "Kids" means guests that have a child ticket - 9 years old or under. 10 and up is considered a "Disney adult"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!