2020 Dining Plan increases...

IAmDis

Mouseketeer
What do you all think of the new price increases... nothing major just a few bucks per plan, but it shows Disney is seeing potential to keep increasing it, as more and more people get savvy in maximizing credits.

Heck, when we went a month ago, we had the DxDP, and we billed up about $2,900 in food, paying just $2320 for it, so perhaps our fat-butts broke the system... ha

Quick Service DP:

• Adult $55.00 ($52.50 in 2019)
  • Child $26.00 ($23.78 in 2019)
Standard DP:

• Adult $78.01 ($75.49 in 2019)
  • Child $30.51 ($27.98 in 2019)
Deluxe DP:

• Adult $119.00 ($116.25 in 2019)
  • Child $47.50 ($43.49 in 2019)

I suppose it's 'only a couple of dollars' so Disney expects (and is probably correct) that people who would have paid the current price will pay the new price.

It seems like they're increasing menu prices too so it'll probably work out very similarly for worth. Since I did the planning to figure out if I should get the DDP the prices on a few menu items increased by a dollar or two. You'd think at some point it will just get too much for people and more and more will bring their own food into the park to avoid the cost.

Just a normal price increase for the plans. They didn't increase them at all in 2019, so I'm a little surprised it wasn't more. The value breakdown doesn't change all that much. If you use $5 for the snack credit, then QS meals need to be $22.50 and TS meals on regular DDP are $45.50. DxDDP needs to spend $36.33 on each meal to break even.

Considering we can get alcohol with both the counter service and table service, it's a lot easier to break even on this plan. Especially when we can use snacks for Flower/Garden at Epcot!

For comparison:
How much does the plan cost? (2006)
It is $37.99 for adults and $10.99 for children 3-9 years old. This is the cost per night of stay and is required for each night of your stay. The price of the plan includes tax & tip. https://www.disboards.com/threads/2006-disney-dining-plan-faq.1023429/

2010 Disney Dining Plan Pricing:
  • Adults (Ages 10+) :
    • $41.99 per day (regular season)
    • $46.99 per day (peak season)
2010 Disney Deluxe Dining Plan Pricing:
  • Adults (Ages 10+) : $71.99 per day
  • Children: (Ages 3-9): $20.99 per day
2016 Disney Dining Plan Pricing
  • Quick Service $42.77/night, child 3-9 $17.54 – was $41.99 and $16.03
  • Regular plan $61.82, child $20.98 – was $60.64 and $19.23
  • Deluxe Plan $111.73, child $32.56 – was $109.53 and $29.86

For comparison:
How much does the plan cost? (2006)
It is $37.99 for adults and $10.99 for children 3-9 years old. This is the cost per night of stay and is required for each night of your stay. The price of the plan includes tax & tip. https://www.disboards.com/threads/2006-disney-dining-plan-faq.1023429/

2010 Disney Dining Plan Pricing:
  • Adults (Ages 10+) :
    • $41.99 per day (regular season)
    • $46.99 per day (peak season)
2010 Disney Deluxe Dining Plan Pricing:
  • Adults (Ages 10+) : $71.99 per day
  • Children: (Ages 3-9): $20.99 per day
2016 Disney Dining Plan Pricing
  • Quick Service $42.77/night, child 3-9 $17.54 – was $41.99 and $16.03
  • Regular plan $61.82, child $20.98 – was $60.64 and $19.23
  • Deluxe Plan $111.73, child $32.56 – was $109.53 and $29.86

Is this to compare to current prices? I'm confused.

Last year we had "free" dining QS and upgraded to regular plan. I did all possible calculations reasonable for our group. We needed tickets anyway (requirement for "free"dining). Enjoy being able to park hop (eating dinner in Epcot). Adding the extra cost of not using or having a room discount. We came close to saving $1,000. Adult daughter kept tabs on just her adult beverages. 14 night stay was $371. That didn't include two other people (1 adult and 1 Disney adult).

Price for 2020 reasonable? Well considering that in 2019 we used $5 as an average for snacks and watching closely on allears.net Disney has increased prices by a $1 or more on most snacks (and eliminated a lot that were snack credit offerings). For our group if its offered as "free" with upgrade its worth it. Paying $78.01 for dining plan, absolutely not! We will just go back to buying groceries and enjoying our sandwiches and "picnics".

Did the actual food prices go up though from those timeframes? That may make a difference for the increase, also the addition of alcohol.

Oh yes...food prices have also gone up every year and usually the plan is in line with those. The addition of alcohol was the game changer for those who drink alcohol. You almost have to work at it to LOSE money if you like to have a drink with each meal.

Oh yes...food prices have also gone up every year and usually the plan is in line with those. The addition of alcohol was the game changer for those who drink alcohol. You almost have to work at it to LOSE money if you like to have a drink with each meal.

That's us! Truly a benefit. ::yes::

Which dining plan includes alcohol? We went with the middle one...1 TS, 1QS and 1 snack/day. A lifetime ago (1988) we did the "gold" plan which was sit down dinner ONLY...you could not substitute counter service. We got SO tired of eating!

All three of them! QS locations at resorts have individual bottles in their cases. QS locations in parks will have some listed on menus (except MK-only table service restaurants). Not all alcohol drinks are included at some restaurants, but from our experience drinks have run as much as $15 each. We used the regular dining plan last year, daughter kept tabs on her beverages included in dining plan. Her cost over 14 night dining plan $371 for adult beverages.

I'm getting the prices but unsure I understand what the regular dining plan includes. I am assuming quick service is a burger, fries and drink, no snack. What about table service? Have not done meal plan since 2007, and then it was an appetizer, meal and dessert with a non alcoholic drink. Is that the current?

I am going to have to do some serious number crunching (tons of time til Oct 2020!). I don't drink but on rare occasions. I was thinking, nobody is driving anyway...let's enjoy a drink with dinner. But then I find gratuities not included so I have to tip for that drink that I don't really need or would even miss.

I'm getting the prices but unsure I understand what the regular dining plan includes. I am assuming quick service is a burger, fries and drink, no snack. What about table service? Have not done meal plan since 2007, and then it was an appetizer, meal and dessert with a non alcoholic drink. Is that the current?

I am going to have to do some serious number crunching (tons of time til Oct 2020!). I don't drink but on rare occasions. I was thinking, nobody is driving anyway...let's enjoy a drink with dinner. But then I find gratuities not included so I have to tip for that drink that I don't really need or would even miss.

QS meals you get an entree and drink. If that entree is a combo, you get the combo. It doesn't have to be a burger and fries; there are TONS of really good QS food at all the parks. Go peruse the menus.

TS meals you get entree, dessert, and drink. If something is listed as an app or side, that's not included. "For two" means two of you have to order it.

Thanks again sharonabe! I KNOW we got appetizers in the past (no memory issues on this! Got the cheddar beer soup at Le Cellier, lobster bisque at Coral Reef and cheese and tomato at Mama Melrose). Everything is pushing me to dropping the meal plan! Disney is pricing middle class out!

Thanks again sharonabe! I KNOW we got appetizers in the past (no memory issues on this! Got the cheddar beer soup at Le Cellier, lobster bisque at Coral Reef and cheese and tomato at Mama Melrose). Everything is pushing me to dropping the meal plan! Disney is pricing middle class out!

You are welcome! Just do the math AFTER you decide where you want to eat and don't forget that alcohol is now included. For those that like a drink with their meals, it's pretty hard NOT to come out ahead with the dining plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter