2020 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival - Has Now Ended.

We are going to be at BCV for 12 nights in Sept and hopefully be spending a lot of time at the F&W festival! I really want to try the Party of the Senses and hope it will be offered sometime while we are there.

Can't wait! Very excited for this year! I went once with my best friend almost ten years ago, then finally got my hubby to go last year and we had a blast! Although we'll probably never again see the park like we did then - Hurricane Dorian was threatening, so the park was basically barren. I woke up that morning to a text that my work was closed for the impending storm, and I woke my hubby up and said "I don't have work today. Want to go to Food and Wine??" :rotfl:Best spontaneous Disney trip ever.

How are the crowds on day 1 of the festival. If we line up previous years dates, we might be there for opening day of the festival this year. Is it worth going to say we were there on day 1? Or should we just skip day 1 and go another day during the week?

How are the crowds on day 1 of the festival. If we line up previous years dates, we might be there for opening day of the festival this year. Is it worth going to say we were there on day 1? Or should we just skip day 1 and go another day during the week?

I'm sure it'll be somewhat busy, but don't think it'll trump what it's like on weekends.

Also, last year the first day of it was the same day Galaxy's Edge opened. So hard to use last year as an indicator.

It's usually fairly crowded, especially if the first day is on a Friday. For 2018 and 2019, the first day of the festival was on a Thursday.

I don't know if this is always the case, but there have been a few times that some snacks weren't available on the first day. I've also heard it's generally quite busy.

I wasn't there on day 1 last year but have been several prior years. As others said, it's pretty busy but will only get busier going into the weekend (assuming it starts on a Thurs). If your trip extends into the next week, the Mon or Tues might be lighter crowd-wise. I wouldn't let the first day scare you away. Merchandise lines can be nuts if there are special items. Likewise if there are special collector items at the booths like the "beaker" cup one year or an orange bird one another year the lines at those booths can be ridiculous. But otherwise it's busy but fun. Also kinda fun to see all the bloggers, web sites, youtubers etc. doing their thing.

I'm so excited. My sister and I are doing an adults-only trip in September and this will be both of our first times to attend Food & Wine Festival!!! Looking forward to following this thread as we plan our trip!

Wasn't planning on going to F&WF this year, but DFIL decided to give it a try. So, I'm planning their trip for them now, and who am I kidding, we'll probably find a way to join them. ;)

Joining in -
My DD and I will be going! Just booked BLT for the last week of October. This will be our 18th time! Since 2001, we've only missed once (2012) because of Superstorm Sandy. It's my favorite time in WDW. I'm hoping they do something special for the 25th anniversary.
I agree with previous posters - avoid Friday night and Saturday if you can! A typically pleasant time can be absolutely awful on those days. It's a totally different experience!

I know the dates haven’t been released yet, but on a leap of faith I just booked a DVC villa at the boardwalk from David’s vacation rentals for November 15 through the 20th. Hoping and praying it all works out for us and the festival is still going on! I researchEd the last five years and I think will be OK. Really wanted to go at the tail end of the festival in hopes of seeing Christmas decorations! Fingers crossed!

Right there with you @kelly622, we are booked for Nov 15-22 with our fingers crossed.
Although I did see Tiffany was confirmed for the Eat to the Beat concert series for Nov 15. So we should have at least our arrival day.

Right there with you @kelly622, we are booked for Nov 15-22 with our fingers crossed.
Although I did see Tiffany was confirmed for the Eat to the Beat concert series for Nov 15. So we should have at least our arrival day.

Where did you get the info on the Eat to the Beat concert series? Is the lineup out, or just Tiffany's date?

Has the Passholder's gift been announced yet, or are they cutting that out also?

Bill from PA

Planning out first festival...Do you think Nov 14-18th be pushing it for dates? We’re unable to go much sooner.

Planning out first festival...Do you think Nov 14-18th be pushing it for dates? We’re unable to go much sooner.
Historically, that would be the last or next to last weekend. The festival would usually extend until the week after the Wine & Dine races, which end on the 8th this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!