2020 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival - Has Now Ended.

have more booths opened? was it speculation that more would be around starting on 9/1?

have more booths opened? was it speculation that more would be around starting on 9/1?
The Alps & Spain have confirmed opened. Disney just hasn't updated the website.

The Alps & Spain have confirmed opened. Disney just hasn't updated the website.

They were open over the weekend but not yesterday. Same with Caribbean booth. The crowds are significantly different on weekends vs. weekdays (personally, I will be avoiding weekends - it was just past my comfort point in terms of the ability to maintain distance and ability to enforce mask compliance). I'm wondering if they are catering their offerings accordingly. The booths were just closed on Monday - no signage that says weekends only or anything to that effect. Yesterday I happened to walk past two chefs talking and it was literally just them and me in the pathway and I overheard them saying how challenging it was now to try to anticipate how much to prep each day in this new normal. They were saying "last year we'd serve x per day but now ..."

I love the Food and Wine Festival. Definitely the best thing to do at Disney as an adult imo. I wish the park could stay open later during the festival. It's so much better in the evening when it gets cooler.

We've got some more menu changes:
  • France: goat cheese pastry has been moved into Les Halles and replaced by an escargot one (but not a croissant like years past), 1664 Blanc Fruits Rouges instead of the lager, and new wines
  • Japan: Tempura shrimp gone, Teriyaki Chicken Bun returned

We've got some more menu changes:
  • France: goat cheese pastry has been moved into Les Halles and replaced by an escargot one (but not a croissant like years past), 1664 Blanc Fruits Rouges instead of the lager, and new wines
  • Japan: Tempura shrimp gone, Teriyaki Chicken Bun returned
Thanks for the updates! Disappointed that the tempura shrimp is gone, was looking forward to trying that in a couple of weeks. Are you there now? Would love a picture of the France menu if possible.

Alps and Spain were open when I was there on Saturday (I know on some days they have been found to be closed). Had the cheese raclette with ham. soooo goood

Has anyone experienced the Food & Wine recently? How is it working out with the mask requirements?

Has anyone experienced the Food & Wine recently? How is it working out with the mask requirements?
Was there last week......Thursday wasn't crowded and lines were low. I'd get my food or drink and find a quiet spot and eat and drink and then move on. Sunday was more crowded with the locals...lines a bit longer...but the other booths were open.....Spain...Alps...Caribbean. I'd say except for the odd "older" child and some elderly in wheelchairs....everyone wore masks. Not all masks are worn correctly....but CM's are constantly reminding those that aren't.

We have always stayed at BW and walked over to F&W each evening...regardless of what park we went to each day. With the new rules about 1 park per day, I am worried that enjoying the F&W won't be the same. I am not sure that it is worth my 1 park per day every day for 4 days. We liked just doing a country or 2 for dinner each night....and now that isn't possible unless we devote the entire day to Epcot.

Mask compliance in lines and walking about was good. Obviously when people are stationary to eat/drink they’re off but the tables are socially distanced and we didn’t have any problems finding a place to pull over and eat when we were there last Friday.

Epcot's Holidays around the world is scheduled to begin on November 27, 2020. The kiosks for the Food and Wine Festival will need to be changed over to the holiday kitchens prior to November 27 so I'm guessing that the abbreviated version of this year's Epcot Food and Wine Festival will need to end at least several days prior to 11/27.

Didn't have a lot to eat at the festival this year. Total of a dozen dishes between 2 days:
  • Hawai'i, Kalula Pork Slider: finally tried it; great taste, too small a portion for $5.25
  • Islands of the Caribbean:
    • Ropa Vieja Empanada: just perfect. Great flaky pastry and very filling
    • Jerk-spiced chicken: favorite from last year, but unfortunately the chicken was dry.
  • Africa, Spicy Kenyan Vegan Corn and White Beans: very delicious for a vegan dish and not that spicy at all. Great value for $4.50
  • Germany, Schinkennudeln: it isn't the festival if I don't have it; absolute favorite
  • Hops & Barley, Southern Seafood Boil: first $8 dish I thought that was worth it. Large portion, great variety, but a very hands-on dish. Should've brought disposable gloves
  • France:
    • Feuilleté d'Escargots à la Crème d'ail Et Persil: way better than the typical croissant escargot. Great pastry (expected from France) and received a nice scoop of the garlic and parsley cream sauce on top. Definitely pick up a knife though
    • Canard Confit à l'Orange: I honestly thought it was turkey. Best duck dish I've had at a festival
  • Desserts & Champagne, Liquid Nitro Chocolate Cake Pop with crushed M&M's: best value of the festival for $4. The liquid nitro created a great crust but kept the cake nice and moist on the inside.
  • Wine & Dine featuring Festival Favorites, Seafood Fisherman's Pie: really filling dish and served hot. I believe it was shrimp, scallops, and lobster. Wouldn't have worked outside of World Showplace. In the A/C it's great (I beg you Disney; keep this setup forever!)
  • Mac & Cheese
    • Gourmet Macaroni & Cheese: absolutely amazing and way better than any of the previous mac & cheese's. Nothing crazy like chives or onions. Perfect amount of panko on top and the cheese sauce was the perfect consistency
    • Macaroni & Cheese with house-made Italian sausage (plant-based): I don't believe for a second this was actually vegan. SO good. Peppers added a nice little kick. The best vegan dish I've ever had at a festival.

Didn't have a lot to eat at the festival this year. Total of a dozen dishes between 2 days:
  • Hawai'i, Kalula Pork Slider: finally tried it; great taste, too small a portion for $5.25
  • Islands of the Caribbean:
    • Ropa Vieja Empanada: just perfect. Great flaky pastry and very filling
    • Jerk-spiced chicken: favorite from last year, but unfortunately the chicken was dry.
  • Africa, Spicy Kenyan Vegan Corn and White Beans: very delicious for a vegan dish and not that spicy at all. Great value for $4.50
  • Germany, Schinkennudeln: it isn't the festival if I don't have it; absolute favorite
  • Hops & Barley, Southern Seafood Boil: first $8 dish I thought that was worth it. Large portion, great variety, but a very hands-on dish. Should've brought disposable gloves
  • France:
    • Feuilleté d'Escargots à la Crème d'ail Et Persil: way better than the typical croissant escargot. Great pastry (expected from France) and received a nice scoop of the garlic and parsley cream sauce on top. Definitely pick up a knife though
    • Canard Confit à l'Orange: I honestly thought it was turkey. Best duck dish I've had at a festival
  • Desserts & Champagne, Liquid Nitro Chocolate Cake Pop with crushed M&M's: best value of the festival for $4. The liquid nitro created a great crust but kept the cake nice and moist on the inside.
  • Wine & Dine featuring Festival Favorites, Seafood Fisherman's Pie: really filling dish and served hot. I believe it was shrimp, scallops, and lobster. Wouldn't have worked outside of World Showplace. In the A/C it's great (I beg you Disney; keep this setup forever!)
  • Mac & Cheese
    • Gourmet Macaroni & Cheese: absolutely amazing and way better than any of the previous mac & cheese's. Nothing crazy like chives or onions. Perfect amount of panko on top and the cheese sauce was the perfect consistency
    • Macaroni & Cheese with house-made Italian sausage (plant-based): I don't believe for a second this was actually vegan. SO good. Peppers added a nice little kick. The best vegan dish I've ever had at a festival.
Thanks for posting your reviews. I feel like this festival has been a bit of a downer overall, but your reviews make what is available seem much more appetizing. Look at the bright side, fewer options makes it easier to make choices, right? There is something to be said for simplicity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter