2020 Holiday

TammiDawn

Can't wait to get back to the magic
I'm having a hard time finding an answer. Every thread I find, there are no answers except the Admin saying... This thread is closed because the information is "Holiday Festivities". Well, I can't find "Holiday Festivities". I know the castle won't be draped in lights, but has anyone heard about other decorations? Will Small World be decorated?

Small World at WDW is not decorated for Christmas. The ride at DL is decorated with a Christmas overlay.

Small World at WDW is not decorated for Christmas. The ride at DL is decorated with a Christmas overlay.

Thank you. I've never been there at the holidays. My girlfriend from California was asking. She usually goes to Disneyland, so I guess that's why she thought DW decorated it as well.

I wish they would do some overlays this year at WDW to make up for the other lacking holiday offerings. Doesn't Disneyland do an overlay for Haunted Mansion too?

I know Magic Kingdom does one for Jungle (Jingle) Cruise and the Speedway. And I think they do something in Space Mountain maybe?

ETA: All of the parks will have Christmas decorations up. Epcot's World Showcase will also have Holiday Kitchens, which are kiosks much like Food & Wine, with lots of good eats. And the last I read there will be seasonal character cavalcades, including Santa, throughout the day.

I wish they would do some overlays this year at WDW to make up for the other lacking holiday offerings. Doesn't Disneyland do an overlay for Haunted Mansion too?

I know Magic Kingdom does one for Jungle (Jingle) Cruise and the Speedway. And I think they do something in Space Mountain maybe?

ETA: All of the parks will have Christmas decorations up. Epcot's World Showcase will also have Holiday Kitchens, which are kiosks much like Food & Wine, with lots of good eats. And the last I read there will be seasonal character cavalcades, including Santa, throughout the day.
It takes a LONG time and a LOT of money to create those holiday overlays. They can’t just whip one up this year unfortunately. And with the virus, I wouldn’t expect any new ones for a long time.

It takes a LONG time and a LOT of money to create those holiday overlays. They can’t just whip one up this year unfortunately. And with the virus, I wouldn’t expect any new ones for a long time.

Next month will be our first during the holidays. I’ve been trying to get an idea of which rides could potentially have overlays based on years past. Of course I get that none of the could happen but assuming they matched last year we’d see overlays at Jungle Cruise, Mad Tea Party, Speedway and Space Mountain? Am I missing anything? Were these only “active” during parties or all day?

Next month will be our first during the holidays. I’ve been trying to get an idea of which rides could potentially have overlays based on years past. Of course I get that none of the could happen but assuming they matched last year we’d see overlays at Jungle Cruise, Mad Tea Party, Speedway and Space Mountain? Am I missing anything? Were these only “active” during parties or all day?
Those are the overplays and for the past few years they were active all day long. So it’ll all depend on if Disney puts all of them up this year. I really can’t see them not putting them up. They have all the parts ready to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!