2020 Northeast Dismeet @ Moose Hillock thread

I was talking with DW while at the pool today, as you can see there are no umbrellas or anything to give you shade from the sun while at the pool.
View attachment 508104

View attachment 508105

View attachment 508106

I mentioned that if we each picked a separate day and rented a cabana that would give use some place to get out of the sun while there. Here’s a example in case your not following: I would rent one on Wednesday, some one else for Thursday and so on , then we could all share the cabana ( sure we all wouldn’t be at the pool at the same time).
What is golf cart/cabana pricing like?

The carts are definitely Disney pricing. 4 seater is 86 and the 6 is 89. Both styles are lifted, presumably for the rough gravel roads.

They have 3 different types of cabanas, the least expensive is 3 loungers with shade for 40.00
8FD94625-EDD9-46BF-8574-2AE22192F9C2.jpeg

Then there are 2 different cabanas, the ocean spirit and pirate king. Both have cable tv, mini bar fridge, ceiling fan, padded sectional, and seating for 9+ the pirate king also has microwave, dining table, electric safe, and organized cubbies

BD233D46-60FA-45B8-9D7B-1A3A77F92DD2.jpeg

The ocean spirit is 112 and the pirate king is 129.

All prices are for the day.

I rented a golf cart for the August get together, it is a 6 seater for 381 Wednesday-Sunday. I inquired about one of the cabanas thinking I could just rent one for a day, turns out I have to rent it for 3 days. Still have time to decide on that.

Got around to looking at the bath houses. They are clean and each have a men’s room, 2 stalls and a urinal, women’s side is 3 stalls. And there are 2 coin operated showers in each. There wasn’t a sign so I asked a worker and he said it’s .25 for 3-4 minutes, but he wasn’t positive on the time. 25DF0DAF-10D2-441D-ABB5-7BC2BA1C76D6.jpeg

408CE410-A19D-47D0-8648-949A23766DF7.jpeg

777A5C23-3F85-42F8-BA81-86A24616A7BF.jpeg

Yesterday I mentioned leveling blocks, here are two examples of why you should have them.

1BE5A0AC-2028-4D07-AD4D-415F57B22479.jpeg

You might not be able to tell in the pic but the tongue is a good 3 feet of the ground.

0A182AE3-DB2C-4831-A54F-76E3C8BC1A3B.jpeg

i have also seen several travel trailers like this. Have fun with that manual crank.

Yesterday I mentioned leveling blocks, here are two examples of why you should have them.

View attachment 508383

You might not be able to tell in the pic but the tongue is a good 3 feet of the ground.

View attachment 508384

i have also seen several travel trailers like this. Have fun with that manual crank.

Ugh...hope I don't have to have that much fun...

I did find the laundry room, sorry no pictures. It is located up front in the car parking lot for the pool. there are 14 washers, coin operated 4.00 and 16 dryers, 3.50, or you can down load a app and use that to pay with your Apple, Samsung pay. Need to bring your own supplies or buy in the camp store, no vending machine.

If you bring your Mickey lamp or anything that needs plugged in by the road, bring at least a 100’ cord.

The campsites are hard pack gravel, if you have a ez-up or anything to stake down, bring tent spikes, they worked better than those flimsy aluminum ones and the plastic, forget about it. This is what I used.

FE739744-064B-4FD5-90E9-DD2F5F481879.jpeg

Hey Vince ... and everyone else too :),

I was thinking the pirate cabana due to the size. That cabana is larger than a cabana at Typhoon lagoon. I think those are up to 6 people per cabana. Then again I have only maxed it out once. Of course about half the cost. My wife may remember how much in years past. All I know is we would book one when we went to the Lagoon with either my parents or her mom and step dad. For the 5-6 of us it was perfect.

As for the golf cart. yea I saw the price. 86 is big coin per day. Don't let Disney see that. However you stated they are lifted so that might account for the additional cost.

As for the family count... ?? if I don't know your name you know your real one :D

Going

@sirenia88 (Alan, and family)
@snowmedic (Vince and family)
@4077 (Jimmy and family)
@ggc (? and family)
@tigger92662 (Joe and family)
@Sjm9911 (? and family)

Maybes

I still might go, i may have to cancle delaware as we now have a 2 week isolation thing in nj if i go. This would be enforced at my job and i would loose sick time. Ill wait to see when i get back from Hershey next week.

Yes Delaware has been weird since this whole thing started. I remember in March, I was doing work for a state institution in Delaware. We had to order parts. The vendor is pre pay only for this equipment. So it took a few days to get a form of payment from the account. We got the parts on order. By the time the parts came in, we were going to coordinate the repair. The state shut us down from coming in. So my boss's said no dice. I called the contact. He said they were being told to work from home for the time being. Then I got furloughed. When I came back I came back in May, the contact E mailed and asked when we would be in to finalize the repair. We said when the state allows us. We reached out to him a week or so ago. His 2 numbers were being forwarded to another name that we didn't recognized. We left the messages and waiting to hear back from someone before cancelling the service call. Interestingly enough, the customer works for a state institution but is sort of an independent department. However when I was talking with him, he basically is a quasi state government employee but doesn't have as much protection as he is more of management level. The last time I was talking with him he said a new manger was coming in and he made it clear most of the building should be outsourced. I have a feeling that Covid did in his department.

Either way, Let us know. I will add to the list.

Last edited:

Will do, just got back today, work tomorrow, if its not crazy there , I'm going to try and arrange to go to lake george, for at least part of the time your there. We will see.

sjm9911, sounds like a plan. I am sure you will keep us posted on this front. ;)

Vince, I tried to give you a call a few minutes ago. I figured since it went to VM the phone is dead or you were smart and turned it off. I figured it would be easier to talk it over versus typing it out. I will shoot you a PM and go from there.

Alright Alright Alright...

First off, I got around to changing this thread to Northeast Dismeet thread. It's no longer possible but happening (hopefully after all we have this whole Covid 19 thing still going on.) I look forward to putting faces to the handles on here.

2) @snowmedic you have PM. It took a while to type out but give a read and let me know.

3) I forgot this one earlier. I maybe the one who is kind of loosely organizing this meet however I am making it open to everyone and anyone who would like to contribute to the meet. So far the ideas have flowed. I will have some thoughts posted up in the next couple of days providing work does not get into the way too much. My intentions are to give this meet some more structure instead of well we are hear now what? I hope it will make it something that we can enjoy for what everything that has happened in the last several months.

4) If any one feels left out of the who's going list, please speak up. I will add you to the list as it is important.

Last edited:
I'm in 9th through 15th

I got you on the list. I think you might have said something on the Chit Chat thread but I just checked this thread for going and maybe people. I figured making a separate thread for the Moose was a better idea for those wanting to get involved. With that said, I don't think you need to stick me on the Small world ride for hours on end.

No no not Small World. And yes, much easier to follow along on this thread

Ok , got a site 9th to the 15th. They only had the 8 to the 11 when i called before. So i will be there. 2 adults, 1 8 yo. I am in for whatever. If anyone has any ideas for stuff they want to do post them! Im semi familiar with the area.

I guess for numbers we are myself, wife, and sons 10 and 13 turning 14 on Aug 13th...

OK everyone here is a small update.

1) I spoke with Vince this afternoon. During our discussion, I had a idea. Vince aka Snowmedic is going to set up a private message for getting us closer together at the campground. He spoke with the front desk this morning about this. They will need our full names in which the ressie is under as well as the dates. They will work with us with our group so we are not spread out throughout the campground. According to Vince it's a pretty large place. So if we are on the same road or loop, I think that will work better for everyone. Please keep an eye out on your inboxes for the details. He will be coordinating this aspect for all of us. Make sure you thank him ;)

2)Numbers of each family. I thought it would be useful to know who and how many are coming from each family. Also good for planning purposes. My estimate of how many may or may not be correct.

3) Cabana rental. We are definitely thinking the Pirate cabana for the group. It does need to be rented for 3 days in advance. If anyone would like to sponsor one of those days, please let Vince know. Details should be in the PM when they come around. We have a few ideas in that PM. He is going to handle this at the same time getting the ressie more closely linked.

4) Meet and Greet. This is going to be a bit on the fly. The reasoning is trying to get good weather for it. I am thinking about making it a dinner like deal. Meet at a campsite for a fire, activities, and discussions. I know Vince has a cornhole set. Maybe if some one has their have 2 games running. The kids can hang out. The adults the same. We could do a BYOB cookout type dinner, potluck, whatever. I just don't want to have a set date in case people have other plans. As I said before, I would like some structure but nothing super rigid. This is also your vacation as well. Then again if you guys want to have a roving campsite meet every night that's cool too.

5) Golf cart rental is up to you. I am renting a 6 passager and would be OK will helping getting us to and fro the pool or other amenities.

Just some thoughts Vince and I went over tonight. As I said he is going to put together a PM for everyone in the group at this time on the fine points.

@tigger92662 you sure do get around. you are on the dismeet circuit. Starting first with Pigeon Forge :).
I'm doin' my dangedest :rolleyes:. Seriously though, the Moose Hillock thing is a complete fluke. We had booked that back in February, and, well, it just kinda took off :confused3

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter