2020 points chart has been revised to be closer to 2019

Here are PDF's of all the charts.
Thank you for this. It strikes me that now we have an exact Apples to Apples view of the proposed 2019 reallocation. We can compare the prior 2019 charts with the current charts, and the days of the week and the holidays line up perfectly.
I am going to do this for VGF to see exactly how much they tried to raise the lock-off premiums.

I haven't read the whole thread, but I remember when I joined in 1994 (yes, 25 years ago when OKW was the only DVC), I am pretty sure my guide told me that point values per week could never be changed, but points per day *could* be changed. Is that what happened? I know when I checked a few weeks ago for a Hilton Head stay, I did not have enough points for the usual number of days I usually book. I was short a day. I haven't looked at the charts, but I am assuming weekends/weekdays were adjusted to cause that change. In the past, weekends were almost double the weekday point values. I am so glad that the charts have been put back the way they were in the last few years.

I haven't read the whole thread, but I remember when I joined in 1994 (yes, 25 years ago when OKW was the only DVC), I am pretty sure my guide told me that point values per week could never be changed, but points per day *could* be changed. Is that what happened? I know when I checked a few weeks ago for a Hilton Head stay, I did not have enough points for the usual number of days I usually book. I was short a day. I haven't looked at the charts, but I am assuming weekends/weekdays were adjusted to cause that change. In the past, weekends were almost double the weekday point values. I am so glad that the charts have been put back the way they were in the last few years.

This and other recent threads relating to the issue of changes in the 2020 point charts are unrelated to the non-WDW DVC resorts or to weekend to weekday shifting of points. Disney issued new point charts for 2020 in late December 2018 and, as to the WDW resorts, there were major changes in that, for the most part, the points needed for studios and 1BRs went up year round while 2BRs decreased. Following numerous complaints, those point charts were replaced with ones that adopted the 2019 point charts, except for the usual changes due to the different dates for Easter and Thanksgivng.

Last edited:
Very true. I've really enjoyed my DVC membership but Disney has tried real hard this year to make me second guess my purchase. Maybe Disney will be nice and give us a break for a while. Or at least until I get back from my trip in March:)
Totally agree. It seems they are trying extra hard to make DVC ownership something closer to a typical timeshare purchase which would be bad news. How many of us are thinking about getting out because of all the changes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter