2020 pricing?

KyleAfterAWhile

DIS Veteran
I am trying to help a friend plan for 2020. i am pushing them towards renting points, but they are hesitant. Anyhow... when will 2020 rates be out? I thought it was typically April/early May? of course, nothing is typical with Disney anymore.

Probably June (last couple/few years) possibly July (before June). When the package prices are released.

You can call now to book a room. If they want to rent points, they should be doing so at 11 months out.

The room rates are going way up for some resorts. I booked Pop Century, room only, for April, 2020, and the cheapest night was $185, and the other nights were $250. 2019 rates average 160-192! I am guessing all the resorts along the new skyliner will see price increases.

The room rates are going way up for some resorts. I booked Pop Century, room only, for April, 2020, and the cheapest night was $185, and the other nights were $250. 2019 rates average 160-192! I am guessing all the resorts along the new skyliner will see price increases.

If you called and booked over the phone for 2020 they book you at the highest rack rate of 2019. When the prices for 2020 come out your rate will be adjusted.

No i "may" about it. Rates will go up, probably around 5%.

Well, if the stars align and you happen to be the luckiest person on the planet, perhaps you were booked at the highest rack rate of 2019, but you are going at the cheapest time of 2020. Maybe it will all be a wash and you can break even.
Most likely not, but you never know!

Keep hope alive! :p

Well, if the stars align and you happen to be the luckiest person on the planet, perhaps you were booked at the highest rack rate of 2019, but you are going at the cheapest time of 2020. Maybe it will all be a wash and you can break even.
Most likely not, but you never know!

Keep hope alive! :p
I booked Pop Century a month of so ago for 7 days in January 2020 and paid an average of $132 a night. I checked prices today and they have increased to an average of $152 nightly -- that's a 15% difference. I guess I don't have to wait for a sale I already have it.

Still trying to price everything out. Keeps saying booking not available and rates keep changing when I do get to see them.

I booked Pop Century a month of so ago for 7 days in January 2020 and paid an average of $132 a night. I checked prices today and they have increased to an average of $152 nightly -- that's a 15% difference. I guess I don't have to wait for a sale I already have it.
Yes but your current rate will adjust to the new rates...

Yes but your current rate will adjust to the new rates...

It won't change if she/he doesn't add/subtract anything (change dates, dining, etc.).

I booked room only back in Feb for May 2020, my rate I'm paying is $300 less than what it is if I were to book today.

Has anyone else noted that prices have gone down from this morning to now? It won't make much difference to each reservation since the change is only $10-$20 for each reservation but with all the reservations made for 2020 this morning added together it will make a nice chunk of change for Disney. It is also easy to correct. Go into MDE and at your reservation info click on change reservation, then click on change at room type and just put in the info on the same room you booked and the price of the package will change automatically. Click check out and that's it.

Last edited:
How come I cannot book Pop century for nov 2020 I thought once 2020 released it covered all year. Says not available. Surely not booked out already

How come I cannot book Pop century for nov 2020 I thought once 2020 released it covered all year. Says not available. Surely not booked out already

You can only book a max of 499 days out... so some time in October 2020 right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter