2020 room rates

CBEFC

Earning My Ears
Hi All

Does anyone know if the room rates that are on the sale for 2020 likely to remain as they are now or will they be reduced in the next couple of weeks?

Thanks

Chris

No reason at all to think they will.

In fact some people think the prices will rise on Thursday when free dining is released, we will see.

They won't reduce them and offer free dining at the same time, so if you like a room price I would book tonight before free dining starts tomorrow.

Last edited:
They won't reduce them and offer free dining at the same time, so if you like a price I would book tonight before free dining starts tomorrow.
Come on you seriously think the prices will go more than the dining plan is really worth? I’m not saying necessarily the full price you pay for the plan, but even say 2/3rds.

Come on you seriously think the prices will go more than the dining plan is really worth? I’m not saying necessarily the full price you pay for the plan, but even say 2/3rds.

I haven’t said that at all. I said they won’t decrease.

I haven’t said that at all. I said they won’t decrease.
So please can you explain to me your rationale for making a booking at today’s price and not waiting for Thursdays free dining?

You certainly did say I’d book now if you like today’s price before free dining starts.

So please can you explain to me your rationale for making a booking at today’s price and not waiting for Thursdays free dining?

You certainly did say I’d book now if you like today’s price before free dining starts.

You’ve completely misread what i said and I don’t particularly appreciate your tone. If you took the time to read properly you would have seen I was agreeing with what you originally said.

The original poster asked if ROOM prices would decrease in the next few weeks. I said they won’t decrease. As you yourself said, lots of people feel the prices will increase due ti free dining being added on. Therefore if the OP is happy with the room price and doesn’t want free dining (which they haven’t said they are interested in) then they are probably better booking now.

You’ve completely misread what i said and I don’t particularly appreciate your tone. If you took the time to read properly you would have seen I was agreeing with what you originally said.

The original poster asked if ROOM prices would decrease in the next few weeks. I said they won’t decrease. As you yourself said, lots of people feel the prices will increase due ti free dining being added on. Therefore if the OP is happy with the room price and doesn’t want free dining (which they haven’t said they are interested in) then they are probably better booking now.
I apologise if I've offended you. I was just trying to understand your stance on free dining. I can accept it is possible that the OP might not have a particular interest in free dining. However my original question as to whether you think the price will rise so much as to not make it worth having with an increased price is a valid one too.

I apologise if I've offended you. I was just trying to understand your stance on free dining. I can accept it is possible that the OP might not have a particular interest in free dining. However my original question as to whether you think the price will rise so much as to not make it worth having with an increased price is a valid one too.
I have no idea! I’m all about the free dining and gift card and will be booking tomorrow! ;-) but a lot of people say they don’t enjoy the dining plan for various reasons, so for them it may be worth booking now or waiting until free dining finishes!

Disney used to have a different pricing rate for “off peak” or quiet crowd level dates and for events like RunDisney as well as other sports events and things such as school and college competitions🏈🎤.. this is the best way I can describe it. :cheer2::cheer2:Unfortunately over the last 10 years they seem to have phased these dates out and they now want to encourage everyone to book the rooms all year long solidly. They have some very ingenious ways of achieving this too... the dining plans and 14 day ultimate tickets for UK guests is just two of them. It’s all about the booking numbers really.
Many locations are now being geared towards DVC villa owners and conventions and their attendances, so they don’t rely as much on the tourists to be booking the rooms. They are plowing serious money into this which means you’ll see higher prices overall as they recoup their building and expansion costs, it has to come from their budgets somewhere.
We’ve noticed that over the last decade they have increased the resort room and dining prices significantly. Even the ticket prices are changing two or three times a year. That said we do ok with the ticket prices compared to any locals who don’t have annual passes. My family doesn’t go frequently so it doesn’t make sense for us to have a DVC membership or the annual passes however for some families it does total sense.

I've been tracking prices and availability in March /April 2020 and there is a big increase in prices in April for Easter/Spring break even though no free dining! Also,OKW Studio only seems to be available outside free dining dates (or was during April last week), with 1 bed & 2 beds available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter