2020 Tropical Storms/Hurricanes

Well if you are scared of the rain you wouldn’t want to go. Buy a poncho Disney will have them for sale all over when it rains.

Also bring extra shoes so one pair can dry while you wear the other. Rain doesn't bother me, I grew up in/live near Seattle, if we stayed inside every time it rained... But one trip last year I didn't realize it might rain and while I had my poncho, it was my last day so I had packed all my shoes and checked my bag before heading to the parks. One last ride on the peoplemover before heading back and it started to pour, like everyone inside or under awnings and standing water because there was nowhere for it to go. I put my poncho on and off I went with people looking at my like I was a nut I'm sure, but I had to get back to Pop to get my stuff and change before ME. Needless to say I now have cute Minnie slides and socks, though I didn't end up needing the socks. But my sandals were soaked and being in the ac just made my feet freeze being wet.

I think we in central FL (I personally live in/near The Villages) should be fine. I personally would NOT change my WDW plans until 24-36 hours out based on projections.

in fact, there's a chance that those going to WDW this week will encounter the ultimate low crowds of all-time. Although I'm a more cautious investor, I'd play the odds that WDW this week will be a good time to visit (with the full understanding of mid to upper 80's and gobs of humidity).

Guess who’s back in the cone of uncertainty

Attachments

• 89FE6876-CFB9-46EB-89AD-9C88EAFEA325.png
    89FE6876-CFB9-46EB-89AD-9C88EAFEA325.png
    179.7 KB · Views: 13
Seems on brand for 2020

I don't think i've seen models and the NHC cone move so much in such a short amount of time for a storm. Back to it dragging it's wet butt over central FL

I hate these type of storms that just linger, we were having the most beautiful weather too, lower temps and humidity, now were back to high 80s and 100% humidity. I hope it comes through fast

ugh I know. I was at Epcot last Monday when the low was like 50 and the High was 65 or something like that. It was wonderful. It got humid quick :(

We can almost feel the eerie stillness before the storm. Our hurricane kits were not depleted so I'm glad we're not attempting a last-minute grocery store run today.

Lawn furniture is now secured and the generator is on stand-by.

We recently purchased an investment/build property near the west coast of Florida (just north of Tampa). It's a fully wooded lot, but it will be interesting to see how much mother nature will clear for us.

We can almost feel the eerie stillness before the storm. Our hurricane kits were not depleted so I'm glad we're not attempting a last-minute grocery store run today.

Lawn furniture is now secured and the generator is on stand-by.

We recently purchased an investment/build property near the west coast of Florida (just north of Tampa). It's a fully wooded lot, but it will be interesting to see how much mother nature will clear for us.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!