2020 Watch??

I'm platinum and usually book opening day. But, I've never kept track of what day the openings happened on. Are you all thinking they'll come available on the weekend? That hasn't been my experience at all. I work weekends and know for sure I've booked opening day for platinums mid-week. Do you think that will change/

I think they normally release the information on all the cruises that will be available on a Thursday then u can book on-

Monday - platinum
Tuesday - gold
Wednesday - silver
Thursday - everyone

I think that’s how it is anyway

Thanks. That makes sense. I work Fri-Sun with usually an OT day sometime in the week. I'm always off on Mondays. So that makes sense.

I think they normally release the information on all the cruises that will be available on a Thursday then u can book on-

Monday - platinum
Tuesday - gold
Wednesday - silver
Thursday - everyone

I think that’s how it is anyway

Last time or last couple times it’s been

Monday- platinum and golden oaks residents
Tuesday- gold
Wednesday- silver and dvc members
Thursday- everyone

So you were right just forgot about golden oaks residents and dvc members. I’m guessing it will be the same way this time.

I would have bet the release dates would have been this Thursday with opening bookings on Monday. But if CMs are telling people late February, early March, I guess it would be next Thursday with booking starting on the 4th. I'm driving myself crazy trying to guess whether the cruises I think/hope will be available will be!

I would have bet the release dates would have been this Thursday with opening bookings on Monday. But if CMs are telling people late February, early March, I guess it would be next Thursday with booking starting on the 4th. I'm driving myself crazy trying to guess whether the cruises I think/hope will be available will be!
What are you thinking/hoping the cruises will be?

I really wish DCL would start bringing cruises out earlier not only that but some people like to pay over time and make payments monthly.

If I was to book the transatlantic cruise when it comes out in March for may 2020, they would want the final payment by January 2020 so that’s only 10 months to pay it over. That may sound like a lot of time for some but when your on lower incomes it’s not that long

Bit of a difference when you could book a April 2021 with Royal Caribbean months ago

It would be awesome if DCL would surprise us and announce the WBTA 2020 during the next release. It would be worth the extra couple of weeks of anticipation. I know that is not likely. Wishful thinking on my part. I have a Princess cruise on hold until I find out what Disney offers.

I really wish DCL would start bringing cruises out earlier not only that but some people like to pay over time and make payments monthly.

If I was to book the transatlantic cruise when it comes out in March for may 2020, they would want the final payment by January 2020 so that’s only 10 months to pay it over. That may sound like a lot of time for some but when your on lower incomes it’s not that long

Bit of a difference when you could book a April 2021 with Royal Caribbean months ago

I completely agree Disney needs to release sail dates sooner. But, couldn't you just start a cruise fund and make payments to yourself and then when you book the cruise you have the money? DH and I wanted to do Alaska for our 30th and we started putting money in Christmas clubs 4 years ago - and each year rolled it over and kept adding. Since Disney hasn't released yet we found a Princess deal for land and sea and booked it with their $1 deposit deal for Valentines day. I am still squirreling money away but now it is for the cruise after Alaska - When our Alaska payment is due we can pay it in full.

I completely agree Disney needs to release sail dates sooner. But, couldn't you just start a cruise fund and make payments to yourself and then when you book the cruise you have the money? DH and I wanted to do Alaska for our 30th and we started putting money in Christmas clubs 4 years ago - and each year rolled it over and kept adding. Since Disney hasn't released yet we found a Princess deal for land and sea and booked it with their $1 deposit deal for Valentines day. I am still squirreling money away but now it is for the cruise after Alaska - When our Alaska payment is due we can pay it in full.

Yeah of course that is an option but then everyday things seem to come up and you end up touching it

Am not the best of savers and rather Disney have my money

They don't let us buy Disney gift cards here in the UK or I would be doing that

There is a workaround for that. At least it has worked for me in Canada. You can get egift cards in US currency if you google disney egift. I've been saving for the extras for our spring trip this way.

There is a workaround for that. At least it has worked for me in Canada. You can get egift cards in US currency if you google disney egift. I've been saving for the extras for our spring trip this way.

Oh right I never thought of that. Would I be able to transfer it to a gift card when am there next

Oh right I never thought of that. Would I be able to transfer it to a gift card when am there next

Yes you can transfer the balance to a different card. I purchased a physical gift card when i was in Disneyland in the fall. I added it to my mydisneygiftcard account and when I purchase an egift card I transfer the balance. It's been working great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter