2020 Watch??

Waiting too, but last year opening day was March 8th (earlier for CC members)

Advance Booking for Castaway Club Members
If you’re currently a Platinum, Gold or Silver Castaway Club member, take advantage of the exclusive opportunity to book our new cruises before they go on sale to the general public on March 8, 2018.
When to Book
    • Platinum Members – Begins March 5, 2018 at 8:00 AM Eastern Time
    • Gold Members – Begins March 6, 2018 at 8:00 AM Eastern Time
    • Silver Members – Begins March 7, 2018 at 8:00 AM Eastern Time

If you’re currently a Platinum, Gold or Silver Castaway Club member, take advantage of the exclusive opportunity to book our new cruises before they go on sale to the general public on March 8, 2018.
When to Book

Was this sent to you by email last year? We are Platinum but have actually never booked on opening day, so new to how all this works

When to Book
My birthday is March 8, so that would surely be a great present to me ☺️ First time booking as a silver member so I am excited about that too.

Was this sent to you by email last year? We are Platinum but have actually never booked on opening day, so new to how all this works

Last release was the first time I got an email from DCL (I tried to find it last night to see exactly when I got the announcement, but must have deleted it). But I use DU too and get an email from them.

There's a sticky at the top you should check out that's 2020 watch. They'll post in there when the itineraries are released. Speculation is it might happen end of Feb beginning of March. Some are hoping they'll announce it this week when the promo ends.

New to DISboards - how do you find the sticky at the top to watch for 2020 summer release dates? Thanks!

New to DISboards - how do you find the sticky at the top to watch for 2020 summer release dates? Thanks!
I think that thread got merged into the sticky at the top because you're commenting in it. The Stickies are always at the top when you come into the forum. Just keep an eye on the thread someone will post about the schedules being released.

For those of you on the line of release dates like us (waiting or Sept / Oct 2020) do you book what gets released and wait to see if you need to move later, or do you wait till bboth are released? We are between about 3 weeks from late sept to Oct but may be 2 release dates which makes this even worse!!!

For those of you on the line of release dates like us (waiting or Sept / Oct 2020) do you book what gets released and wait to see if you need to move later, or do you wait till bboth are released? We are between about 3 weeks from late sept to Oct but may be 2 release dates which makes this even worse!!!

Yes, it will be 2 release dates. Probably May 2019 to see that October 2020 release. I’m interested to see if there will be an 8 night Caribbean cruise in October, but don’t want to pass on a great September rate, so may book and move that reservation, esp since it will be a placeholder booking

I’m torn about the timing of the release date. We’ll be on the Wonder March 24-29 so, from a financial perspective, it would be in our best interests for them to release that week, allowing us to book onboard at the lowest possible price (this actually happened to me on the Fantasy once, which was some pretty nice pixie dust).

On the flip side, I’m super curious about the iteneraries so we can start planning.

If I had to venture a guess, I’d go with bookings opening up the first full week of March.

I suspect the info will come out this week and bookings will start March 4th for platinum members if it follows last years pattern.....just a guess

I’m torn about the timing of the release date. We’ll be on the Wonder March 24-29 so, from a financial perspective, it would be in our best interests for them to release that week, allowing us to book onboard at the lowest possible price (this actually happened to me on the Fantasy once, which was some pretty nice pixie dust).

On the flip side, I’m super curious about the iteneraries so we can start planning.

If I had to venture a guess, I’d go with bookings opening up the first full week of March.

We are on your cruise in March. If the dates come out soon (and we all think they will be imminent) and I see something we want, I will book it right away and reshop on our March cruise.

I’m wondering how Platinum/Gold/Silver works for onboard bookings. Next year I’ll be on a Feb 29-Mar 7. Could be a decent likelihood the itineraries and fares could start being booked then, and I will be going for one of the Northern Europe 2021 cruises. I will be Silver, so would I need to wait until the Silver day booking day?

And, say they come out the week before. Would it make more sense to book on actual opening day (without the discount), or hold off a couple days until I’m onboard?

I’m wondering how Platinum/Gold/Silver works for onboard bookings. Next year I’ll be on a Feb 29-Mar 7. Could be a decent likelihood the itineraries and fares could start being booked then, and I will be going for one of the Northern Europe 2021 cruises. I will be Silver, so would I need to wait until the Silver day booking day?

And, say they come out the week before. Would it make more sense to book on actual opening day (without the discount), or hold off a couple days until I’m onboard?
People can testify that the prices for certain cruises have gone up within hours of the same opening day. I remember one person saying the price was different from the beginning of the call to when they decided to book at the end of the call. Scary! So my advice would be to book on opening day and then reshop it on board to see if the price is better with the OBC.

Yes you would need to wait until Silver day to book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!