2020 Watch??

Sorry if already answered but I didn’t see it. Do I have to call in to use my placeholder or can I book online? I’m Gold CC. I logged in and don’t see my placeholder reservation listed anywhere but I do have the email. I tried to add it as a reservation under my reservations but that didn’t work.

Unfortunately, yes; you'll have to call

If I’m platinum and I can see the prices online Monday before I get a hold of anyone on the phone, can I place a room on a 72 hour hold online and then use my placeholder for that held room when I finally get someone on the phone?

If I’m platinum and I can see the prices online Monday before I get a hold of anyone on the phone, can I place a room on a 72 hour hold online and then use my placeholder for that held room when I finally get someone on the phone?

You can do that. But what is happening in the system is you will be making a booking online with a new reservation number.
Your placeholder is its very own reservation number. So what they would do when you called in would be to cancel your online reservation and make the booking with your placeholder reservation number instead. The likelihood is high that the Disney phone agent will be able to grab that same room but there is no guarantee.

You can do that. But what is happening in the system is you will be making a booking online with a new reservation number.
Your placeholder is its very own reservation number. So what they would do when you called in would be to cancel your online reservation and make the booking with your placeholder reservation number instead. The likelihood is high that the Disney phone agent will be able to grab that same room but there is no guarantee.

This. And since the called in reservation uses that # and not the one from your online reservation they are considered two different ones. You would get pricing at its level when you call in (most cases it doesn't matter - on the very popular changes hour by hour ones it may).

Especially on Opening Day on a popular itinerary!

With the fantasy doing these shorter sailings in September, do you think that is what we can expect to carry over to October? Our fall break is October 2-6. This past year we did a 7 night leaving on saturday during that window. The 5 night leaVing on 9/29 would get her back in port on a Sunday. Not looking good for my plans. I might do a B2B on the dream.

With the fantasy doing these shorter sailings in September, do you think that is what we can expect to carry over to October? Our fall break is October 2-6. This past year we did a 7 night leaving on saturday during that window. The 5 night leaVing on 9/29 would get her back in port on a Sunday. Not looking good for my plans. I might do a B2B on the dream.

Once the Dream comes back online, I would expect they will get the Fantasy back on her usual 7-night schedule.

When is the dream in dry dock?

There is a 3 week gap from Aug 24 through Sept 14 that is most likely her mandatory dry dock. And the shorter Bahamas itineraries make more money so it makes sense they would put the Fantasy in to take over those - and then I'm sure there is some experimentation to test out other itineraries/schedules for when the new ships start coming online. But I'd imagine we'll see the Fantasy back to her 7-nights for most of the year.

Another question, any thought on opening day prices for the 9 night Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy?

Anyone else counting down the minutes until Monday when we start seeing some prices? I'm never excited for Monday's, unless it's a holiday or DCL booking day
Counting down here too. We're considering the 11 night Northern Europe Magic sailing (July 25th) and hoping we're not priced out (based on last years opening day prices we should be OK i think - allowing for a 10% uplift).

Anyone else counting down the minutes until Monday when we start seeing some prices? I'm never excited for Monday's, unless it's a holiday or DCL booking day

Yes and no. I'm not ready - haven't decided between a couple of options. And worried about the prices and also a bit about availability. But on the other hand I want it open and done with. Based on what happens on the first two days, I may have to change plans anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter