2020-would Free Dining be added?

Hobbes

DIS Veteran
DH and I are looking for a split stay Disney/Universal for 2020. If we were to book now , what would happen if/when Free Dining becomes available-will it be added automatically or is it just "Tough Poop" if we have already booked? :headache:

I don’t think Disney will start taking bookings for 2020 until about April 2019.

From what I understand, if you book on the UK site it would be tough poop, but the American site gives far more flexibility and people can add dining on even if booked before the offer came out.

However, the UK site usually offers free dining at the same time it releases dates (so if you booked in April 2019 for 2020 it’s likely free dining would be available to add on) unlike the USA site which usually releases it later on.

We were in a similar situation to you last year in that we wanted to book for November 2019 but the Free Dining deal was not available until April of this year when the booking window opened.
I'm not going to lie, trying to get onto the site & get things booked on the day that the booking window opened with the free dining deals was a nightmare but we got there in the end, & it was definitely worth waiting to get the deal.
We've looked at the figures & are convinced that the free dining deal makes more sense financially for us than the free nights one, I'm not saying that it would be the same for everyone but it works for us.
If free dining is your thing then I would recommend holding off booking until next year, I've just checked & we booked on the 20th of April this year.

In a post Galaxy Edge (wd)world anything can happen, even that free dining is hugely scaled back.

In a post Galaxy Edge (wd)world anything can happen, even that free dining is hugely scaled back.

If I’m honest I noticed this year offerings seemed to be much more limited. So many resorts sold out so quickly and it didn’t appear that DVC resorts were included at times. Makes me think of the good old times when I got 45% off and free dining at Saratoga Springs (2011) and 35% off and free dining two years later (2013). It must be much more popular now to have so many hotels sold out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter