2021 cruise watch thread~!

What cruise u planning
A 5 night on the Magic with a marvel day at sea, but I have to guess on which ones might be that type bc they don’t reveal the themed cruises yet. January or February (or very early March) most likely. We have a son starting college so the tough part is we don’t know where yet and that matters bc of different schedules for winter and spring breaks. I’ll take our best guess and adjust if needed later as soon as we realize a change is needed.

A 5 night on the Magic with a marvel day at sea, but I have to guess on which ones might be that type bc they don’t reveal the themed cruises yet. January or February (or very early March) most likely. We have a son starting college so the tough part is we don’t know where yet and that matters bc of different schedules for winter and spring breaks. I’ll take our best guess and adjust if needed later as soon as we realize a change is needed.

Sounds good we have done a Star Wars one but not marvel

We are thinking of doing eastern carribean in may 2021 and there is a good chance we would have a baby by then too

Just trying to decide if it's worth the money as we are from uk have airfare too so not far off 6500 dollars if we were to add a few days in before it in orlando too

Can't decide

Was hoping for 7 night Eastern Caribbean, but of course they flank the week we need. Guess we'll do Western Caribbean again, we'll have a bunch of first timers with us, so that'll be fun.

We just went on our first Disney Cruise a month ago and we are HOOKED! We noticed a good amount of European cruises In May 2020 so we figured the same would happen for 2021. But no European itineraries were announced yet even though some of the itineraries released today go into May. Is this normal? Figured the experts here would know!

We just went on our first Disney Cruise a month ago and we are HOOKED! We noticed a good amount of European cruises In May 2020 so we figured the same would happen for 2021. But no European itineraries were announced yet even though some of the itineraries released today go into May. Is this normal? Figured the experts here would know!

yeah that’s normal. European cruises and summer 2021 should come out in Feb/March time 2020

yeah that’s normal. European cruises and summer 2021 should come out in Feb/March time 2020
Would that be when they release the Transatlantic date as well? I notice the Magic's last cruise is the first week in May 2021. The Transatlantic in 2020 is May 11th.

Would Hawaii be in the next release or do you think it would have been announced now and they just aren't sailing to Hawaii in 2021? I see that the Wonder ends in Vancouver on May 17th, so I was wondering if they will just start Alaska at that point and skip Hawaii. Any thoughts?

I’m sure anyone else from So Cal will agree with me but Catalina in March just sounds cold! Seriously I went to Catalina as a sleepaway camp in elementary school (as did many other local school districts). I don’t want to cruise there! Mexico is warmer, I just want to go straighT south.

Last edited:
Would Hawaii be in the next release or do you think it would have been announced now and they just aren't sailing to Hawaii in 2021? I see that the Wonder ends in Vancouver on May 17th, so I was wondering if they will just start Alaska at that point and skip Hawaii. Any thoughts?

I was hoping for a Hawaiian itinerary too. Hoping for it in mid 2021.

I’m sure anyone else from So Cal will agree with me but Catalina in March just sounds cold! Seriously I went to Catalina as a sleepaway camp in elementary school (as did many other local school districts). I don’t want to cruise there! Mexico is warmer, I just want to go straighT south.
I am worried about that. I booked the 5 day Baja, does go to Cabo and Ensenada but I wonder how much warmer it can get. I looked at the average temp in March for San Diego. I guess our weather in Oregon will still be cold in March so it might be relative. Hubby has Mexico on the do not go there list and we wanted to stay West so this was our choice.

Is this thread still good for watching for the new itineraries for the remainder of 2021?

Honestly, I am very surprised at the selection of itineraries that opened for early 2021. They are almost all Caribbean and like 1 MR. No European, no Alaskan, no Mediterranean. Is this normal for this time of year?

Honestly, I am very surprised at the selection of itineraries that opened for early 2021. They are almost all Caribbean and like 1 MR. No European, no Alaskan, no Mediterranean. Is this normal for this time of year?

Yes, that's pretty normal. DCL likes their cruise itineraries like they like their chicken breasts: bland

Alaska, Europe and Med will be in the Summer 2021 release, sometime in late February or early March. The Spring release ends with the Wonder's repositioning cruise to Vancouver, and does not include the Magic's EBTA.

Alaska, Europe and Med will be in the Summer 2021 release, sometime in late February or early March. The Spring release ends with the Wonder's repositioning cruise to Vancouver, and does not include the Magic's EBTA.

Thanks for the info! Does this mean we have to wait another 4-5 months for the next release? :faint:

Does anyone think there is still a chance of some itineraries to Hawaii in 2021? I thought those cruises sold well for 2020, so it seems odd they wouldn't offer them again in 2021.

I would like to know the answer to this too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!