2021 cruise watch thread~!

We just switched our August Europe cruise to a Dream/WDW trip so now I'm waiting for Europe 2021 ;-)

But, they can still release the itineraries for the older ships sooner, right?

They are not the only ones who have not released summer 2021. Celebrity has not. RCCL has limited releases so far. It's not like Disney is behind EVERY other line.

Are the summer itineraries usually pretty similar? I am trying to figure out where the ships will probably go in the summer of 2021. Still holding hopes for Hawaii!!!!

Are the summer itineraries usually pretty similar? I am trying to figure out where the ships will probably go in the summer of 2021. Still holding hopes for Hawaii!!!!
While the Wonder seems to be up in Vancouver about a week earlier than usual for May 2021, I highly doubt they will go to Hawaii and back before starting the Alaskan runs, thus cutting the Alaskan season short. I mean, anything is possible but I think they will just start the Alaskan cruises a week earlier than usual.

There does not tend to be a lot of deviation in DCL's itineraries. You can look at the past few years summer runs to get an idea of what to expect. Could they surprise us? You never know but the odds are generally against it.

I'm so anxious, I just stalked the previous opening day threads to see what itineraries were offered! :bored:

Disney won't take many risks with itineraries or ports for the next couple of years. Three new large ships means they need to almost double the current number of cruisers, and that's why they are after new cruisers. Shorter (= tried and tested) itineraries mean lower total cruise price, which attracts the first timers.

Same idea with more accessible ports.

You just need to wait it out. They will do much more experimentation once all 7 ships are sailing.

The reason why they hold back the farther out itineraries is to prevent jump-shipping. If I saw a better European itinerary in 2021, I might cancel my 2020 Iceland sailing and switch over. Unless it's too late to change flights and broader summer plans.

I'm looking at booking a cruise for Fall 2021. Does anyone have a thought as to when they will be released?

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!