2021 cruise watch thread~!

I did Costco on our last booking and decided never again. Booked today with a TA that gives an OBC and was a piece of cake. Not as much as I would have gotten with Costco, but so worth it for less frustration and use of my time.

I used Costco and began my call at 6 am MT time zone - on hold for 3 hours and call dropped. Called again and call dropped at 2 hours 10 minutes. Called again and call dropped at 1 hour 15 minutes. Used 2 different lines to call 4th time and finally was able to get booked. A total of 8 hours on the phone but saving $1600 was worth my time I guess

Hello all. My first time posting, and also first time booking a Disney Cruise. (I was on a four-day Disney cruise in the Caribbean at Christmas several years ago, but a friend took care of booking the whole thing and all the details.)

I received the email from DCL on Friday, talked to my better half, and then booked it that evening. 10 day cruise on the Magic in August. Looks like a spectacular itinerary. This is going to sound dumb since it's so generalized, but is there anything I should know?

Do they send me an email about paying the balance a year from now?

Ack! So many questions.

I don't - I think a lot of families will be pushing their 2020 cruise to 2021 and the company may do something to try and make up the slack. Time will tell..!
I agree. I think that's one reason why the prices were so high (higher than usual!!) for summer 2021, b/c they figured they'd have loss this year so they're making it up next year. Not to mention, all the demand they are going to have for rescheduling next year is going to be insane!!

Anybody know when the 2021 Fall Cruses will be released??

Thanks
Usually they are released around May. But there is NOTHING usual about this year so honestly, I wouldn't expect them to stick to the 'regular' schedule. It's probably the last thing they want to deal with at the moment.

Usually they are released around May. But there is NOTHING usual about this year so honestly, I wouldn't expect them to stick to the 'regular' schedule. It's probably the last thing they want to deal with at the moment.
Very much this. They are looking at a short-term and possible mid to long term stop in business. IF they are back up and running come sometime in summer, they have to find new ports for the Magic and Wonder as the Alaska and Med seasons are looking to be severely impacted if not cancelled all together.

The President said he wanted business as usual by Easter. So maybe they will keep the schedule as planned. Especially if they get a government bailout to support the economy.

Please know my comment is not intended to supply defamation or support. Just a thought that occurred. I don’t even know if they get a bailout. Although the cruise ship officials did meet with the White House officials so I assumed it’s possible.
. 1860D3A7-EF91-4944-89EA-9E9E3E98B549.jpeg Included for your enjoyment, my view while not on the ship.

@CamColt or other moderators, can we get a 2021 watch sticky thread? We're likely just 2-3 weeks from the Jan-May itineraries being announced, and there's plenty of anticipation building.
I’m thinking that the next release will happen after the US has a new “back to church” date, now at the end of April. So after Trumps “all-clear, back-to-work” announcement. The first week back to work will have the new travel announcement, with platinum starting a few days later.
I’ve use the wrong buzz words here and I’m sorry I cannot remember them right now.

I can’t imagine the craziness trying to set pricing according to a new economy. People out of work..., fill any reason here...

When do we think Oct 2021 itineraries will be released? Where is a good place to cruise for at least 5 nights? Looking at something super special for our honeymoon 2.0

When do we think Oct 2021 itineraries will be released? Where is a good place to cruise for at least 5 nights? Looking at something super special for our honeymoon 2.0

I think the simple answer is no one knows. The past isn’t a great indicator of what will happen now. It would not surprise me if they didn’t release itineraries until after they know when they can sail again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!