2021 EARLY Planning

Shelby Schroepfer

*Never Grow Up*
So we just got back from a 10 day stay at POP on the 26th of September. Due to there being so much being built and created and to us DEFINITELY not wanting to miss the 50th, we are holding off on going in 2020 and waiting until 2021 instead. We have gone annually since 2016 so this is gonna be real hard! We usually go mid-end September and have loved it but REALLY want to see the Flower and Garden Festival and also experience a different time of year. We enjoy the heat of September and haven't been bothered with the showers so weather wise we are pretty ok with March-May. We also wanna try to pick a low crowd time as our daughter is only in Pre-K so taking time off of school is fairy easy right now. What are some of your experiences with hotel prices, weather, and crowds during the March-May time? And if you had to pick a Sunday-Tuesday 9 night stay during those months for 2021, what would you pick!?

Also all of this is hinging on the announcements of WHEN the 50th takes place. IE: if Tron doesn't open until fall of 2021 we are most definitely waiting until fall of 2021!

We are planning a trip for October 2021 because of low crowds and weather. Do you think October will be crowded because of the 50th? We went this year in June and crowd was okay but weather was horrible. My kids was so hot and miserable.

I know we are going back in 2021 as well. Originally, we were looking at the first week of June but that may change as well. We really want to be there on 10/1/2021 for a long weekend and then do a week long trip as well.

We normally go 2-3 times per year and not going next year (to the parks) is KILLING ME but I know it will make for a better 2021 as well.

We are doing a water park trip next year which I am 10000% looking forward to. We're doing in next fall break and plan on hitting Aquatica, Typhoon Lagoon, Island H20 and Volcano Bay.

Early October is slower generally but not really slow - Columbus Day weekend can be busy along with Halloween.

But I think 2021 will be extra busy because of the 50th.

Depending when attractions are opening, most of 2021 will probably be busier than usual

So we just got back from a 10 day stay at POP on the 26th of September. Due to there being so much being built and created and to us DEFINITELY not wanting to miss the 50th, we are holding off on going in 2020 and waiting until 2021 instead. We have gone annually since 2016 so this is gonna be real hard! We usually go mid-end September and have loved it but REALLY want to see the Flower and Garden Festival and also experience a different time of year. We enjoy the heat of September and haven't been bothered with the showers so weather wise we are pretty ok with March-May. We also wanna try to pick a low crowd time as our daughter is only in Pre-K so taking time off of school is fairy easy right now. What are some of your experiences with hotel prices, weather, and crowds during the March-May time? And if you had to pick a Sunday-Tuesday 9 night stay during those months for 2021, what would you pick!?

Also all of this is hinging on the announcements of WHEN the 50th takes place. IE: if Tron doesn't open until fall of 2021 we are most definitely waiting until fall of 2021!

I should add, I've heard reports of the 50th celebration lasting all year much like the Mickey Celebration so that's why I said we wanted to catch the 50th in Spring. We are kind of just hanging low until spring of 2020 to see if maybe some announcements have come out by then. But we definitely wanna see the Flower and Garden. We've done Food & Wine 3 times, and The Festival of the Holidays already and Flower and Garden is on our bucket list!

The end of April beginning of May is usually a less crowded time.

If the 50th anniversary starts October 1 and lasts a year, then late April of 2022 would be a good time to go.

We’re looking at mid to late April for a trip. It sounds like we’ll miss the 50th celebrations which is a plus and a minus - plus crowd-wise but minus to miss the fun! We are hoping the new stuff will be open though!

This trip is actually to celebrate DH’s 50th. We’ve done September a couple of times but I’m wary of risking a hurricane again. We want to go for an extended time - probably a week longer than we usually go for - and I’d hate for weather to ruin that.

But it is far away still and who knows, DH might change his mind on where he wants to go too!

The end of April beginning of May is usually a less crowded time.

If the 50th anniversary starts October 1 and lasts a year, then late April of 2022 would be a good time to go.
this is kind of what I was thinking too. no way does Disney celebrate the 50th anniversary on just one day. I'll be super sad if we "have to" wait until fall to go as that would be longer to wait, but it would totally be worth it and fall IS out favorite time to go! I haven't NOT had a trip planned for 4 years so I am feeling so antsy lol

We’re also postponing our December 2020 trip to December 2021. 2020 will be a complete Disney free year and I’m sad haha but looking forward to a bigger and better trip in 2021! It’ll also be easier on our wallet- saving up for food and tickets that go up every year is a big process; so it’ll be nice to regroup the finances and apply those costs to other savings accounts for 2020.

Jumping on! We did a low key trip at the end of August and decided not to return until 2022 - but then my in-laws started talking about planning a big full-family trip (all of hubby's family)....so we are in the beginning stages of planning for April 2021! three of the siblings are teachers so we don't have much of a choice in when we go, it was either February or April vacation and our Feb vacation falls between President's day and marathon weekend so that was not happening.

My in laws hadn't been in about 10 years, so we already had to have a level-setting conversation about Disney pricing now - my FIL was dead set on all of us staying at POR, but had no idea what the room costs were now. My SIL and her husband just bought a house and are expecting in January, so their budget is pretty small like my family's budget - realistically with 18 months to save we would have to look at values or offsite. I'm working on the numbers for off site options but it will take some serious convincing to get my FIL off property, but it may come down to deciding what the priority is - having everyone staying in the same place, or just having everyone there to the best of their abilities. It's going to be an interesting year and a half! lol

We're planning a Christmas visit in 2021. We have been waiting for our kids to be older for this particular experience and we are psyched for Christmas in the Magic Kingdom (yes, I know it's one of the least busy times of the entire year...) and a fabulous experience unlike anything we've done in 20+ visits to WDW. We are also booking club level at the Contemporary to give us a place for respite (and also a place to get coffee without a line!) I am looking forward to my first actual Disney Christmas!

I am slowly working DH up to the idea of a return trip in 2021. Well I should say I'm having our son work on him :stitch:

We just went in late September and weather wise we were really fortunate. Would probably book a late Sept trip again.

If the 50th anniversary celebration does start earlier in the year - what do you think that means, really? Extra parades, different parades/fireworks shows? Merchandise obviously?

Usually it is new rides that draw heavier crowds to the parks, right?

I had to laugh at this
if Tron doesn't open until fall of 2021 we are most definitely waiting until fall of 2021!

Soooooo....you mean Aug 31, 2021 --- right???? :earboy2:

I know Disney is always crowded - just thinking that late Sept after kids are back in school might still be a relatively lower crowd scene? Man, I wish a crystal ball for this stuff. Or a mouse-ke-tool or something!!!

We're looking at this too. We loved September with the low crowds and, like you, the rain, heat and humidity didn't bother us.

We have been in early May and I loved that time too. Crowds weren't as low as September but manageable for sure ( on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the most crowded, most days were a 5 or 6. September was 3,4,5 ). Prices were a big higher in May but not cost prohibitive. And, well, it was hot but not a deal breaker for us.

For 2021, we're waiting on tip toes for the dates to be released. We're hoping the festivities will be running in May as that would be our 1st choice. If not, then we'll hope they are in September. AND if they don't start until October 1st, then we would probably wait until the 1st week of November. I used to love October but it's too crowded now for me.

We have decided to go May 29th through June 5th. We really wanted to do October because of the weather, but I know the crowd will be crazy. We really like the crowd when we went in June. We didn't have long wait for any rides or transportation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter