2021 EARLY Planning

Looking at late sept 2021 into oct 2021. Plan is to do split stay, WL maybe CL, then switch to contemporary so we can walk to MK on the actual anniversary. We are either going CL or VIP tour, it’s 50/50 right now.

We skipped our full 2018 trip, and did 1 night stay just for pandora. ( we were in the area) ...Last time we have been for a full trip is 2015.

No official announcements have been made on when things will start, just rumored.

I was recently debating this myself. I planned on holding off and doing a big trip for the 50th, but after more thought, completely changed my mind. Instead we are going to do the BIG 2 week trip in April 2020 and for the 50th, since I predict it will be a lot busier, we will instead do a cheaper 4 or 5 day visit at the end of 2021/early 2022 just to observe the celebrations some of whats 'new'.

Looking at sometime in the fall 2021, want to do a mother - daughter trip. She wants to do MNSSHP any tips for best time to go or best room rates during that time? Thank you in advance.

We're looking at this too. We loved September with the low crowds and, like you, the rain, heat and humidity didn't bother us.

We have been in early May and I loved that time too. Crowds weren't as low as September but manageable for sure ( on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the most crowded, most days were a 5 or 6. September was 3,4,5 ). Prices were a big higher in May but not cost prohibitive. And, well, it was hot but not a deal breaker for us.

For 2021, we're waiting on tip toes for the dates to be released. We're hoping the festivities will be running in May as that would be our 1st choice. If not, then we'll hope they are in September. AND if they don't start until October 1st, then we would probably wait until the 1st week of November. I used to love October but it's too crowded now for me.

I think this is our exact plan. We had hoped the newer rides like Tron and Mickey's runaway and the other ones that say "opening in time for the 50th celebration" would be opening earliest in 2021 because that would just make out decision to check out Spring and Flower and Garden much easier. But we treat every trip like "I don't know when we'll make it back." so honestly if it was a matter of missing out on all the new stuff by a few months, we would choose fall/early winter to catch it all. We did do one week last year dec 2nd- 11th and we loved the crowds and the Christmas feel but it was COLD. When we go to Florida (from Minnesota) we want it HOT. We wanna sweat and swim and feel like we're in a tropical paradise haha. So maybe November is better for us. Basically I'm stuck waiting for announcements! We really wanted to squeeze in a cruise in 2020 since we aren't going to WDW until 2021 but if we end up going in EARLY 2021, that will be pretty close together to any cruise we decide on and that would be just nuts for us haha. The thought of waiting 2 years to go back makes me so sad!!

Looking at sometime in the fall 2021, want to do a mother - daughter trip. She wants to do MNSSHP any tips for best time to go or best room rates during that time? Thank you in advance.
We stayed September 15-24th this year and did MNSSHP on Tuesday the 17th and it felt very busy. We had done the party on 2 previous Tuesdays in 2016 and 2017, and also a Friday in 2017 and it wasn't as busy as this year was. I don't know if that's the new norm, or if it was due to the new fireworks show. I just know that was out experience. The crowds otherwise outside of the party were very good. Weather was great, missed rain nearly every day of the trip, never really got above 95 degrees with the heat index and we never felt crowded or overwhelmed.

We’re also postponing our December 2020 trip to December 2021. 2020 will be a complete Disney free year and I’m sad haha but looking forward to a bigger and better trip in 2021! It’ll also be easier on our wallet- saving up for food and tickets that go up every year is a big process; so it’ll be nice to regroup the finances and apply those costs to other savings accounts for 2020.
This is a great way to look at it. We usually stay Value and our TA has gotten us free dining nearly every year so our trips are pretty budget friendly but there are lots of after hours events, or dessert parties I've wanted to try that I've just passed on due to funds, so maybe having an extra year to save will help me get to experience some of that!

I've already booked a villa for September 25 2021 to October 9. My 40th is September 29th the same year so we are turning it into a big family trip with my adult children and parents. I've still got 2 trips in between planned though.

We are looking at end of June/early July 2021. Guardians will hopefully be open by then and Tron's 5-year exclusivity deal ends June 17, 2021, so praying that is opening as well. I'd love to see the July 4th fireworks at MK as well (Canadian here!).

My friends from college and I are starting to more seriously discuss a 2021 trip. Probably in late September/early October to take advantage of low prices. But we'll see what the 50th dates are. It would be a shame to go so close to the 50th but miss the actual festivities.

I typically find myself in Disney World every 6 years, so the chance that I might be going twice in the same 24 month period seems almost irresponsiblely bougie :ssst:

Going in Feb 2021 and can't wait to start planning! Hopefully a year's gap will make it even more magical.

I just want to point out that rumors are the 50th celebration will start Summer 2021 and run into 2022. This would line up with the celebrations that Disneyland has done.

The problem with those dates though, is that Disneyland's birthday is in the summer, July 17th to be exact. Since WDW's birthday isn't until October, it's very possible that they won't start celebrating until Fall 2021 and go through to Summer or Fall 2022. I also suspect that they want as much to be open as possible, so they may push it out to give themselves more time. I think October 2021 through at least Spring 2022 is pretty much the guaranteed minimum. I don't think anything will start early in 2021, since some packages are already for then but nothing was announced.

The problem with those dates though, is that Disneyland's birthday is in the summer, July 17th to be exact. Since WDW's birthday isn't until October, it's very possible that they won't start celebrating until Fall 2021 and go through to Summer or Fall 2022. I also suspect that they want as much to be open as possible, so they may push it out to give themselves more time. I think October 2021 through at least Spring 2022 is pretty much the guaranteed minimum. I don't think anything will start early in 2021, since some packages are already for then but nothing was announced.
This is the rumors being put out there. The Disneyland celebration began Memorial Day weekend. Disney is going to want to milk this.

We are planning on a 14 day trip to celebrate the 50th in early June 2021. There have been enough rumors stating that it would start 2021, so we are hoping that time period will be included in the beginning. We can shift it if necessary.

Our trips are limited to summer or Christmas. We usually go to DLR in summer because the weather is fantastic in CA, and we're not sure how we'll do in the heat and humidity of summer in WDW, but we have decided on July 2020 and again in 2021. I think we will surely hit the 50th festivities during one of those trips. Could possibly add in a Christmas trip depending upon when the 50th actually starts. There is no way we're going to miss this.

We are planning January 2-9th, 2021. Out of the WHOLE year, that is the only week both of my sons can go. Its been a long 10 years with out a trip, due to DS's baseball schedules, so I am anxiously counting down the days!!! I know it is going to be crazy busy those first few days, but I have always wanted to see the Christmas decorations, so it will be worth it!!!!

I’m still 3 months away from the start of my trip to Disney and I’ve already picked tentative dates for my next one 😆😆 I’m thinking December 6-12, 2021. I had a lot of fun in 2017 at MNSSHP, and I’d really like to see all the Christmas decor, and go to MVMCP. Plus I should definitely be able to enjoy some kind of celebration of the 50th, if all the theories about it running into 2022 are right.

We are planning an adults only trip for early Sept 2021. It will be our first adults only trip, which is exciting. I was really hoping we would be able to enjoy some of the anniversary stuff. I am totally into these comments saying it will start in summer and go into October!

We also plan to go Sept 2022 (well, I plan to, my husband disagrees, lol) and I am hoping we will get to see Epcot totally complete by then.

Due to there being so much being built and created and to us DEFINITELY not wanting to miss the 50th, we are holding off on going in 2020 and waiting until 2021 instead. We have gone annually since 2016 so this is gonna be real hard!
These are my plans, too. Just finished a 12 day (POP/POFQ) starting Sept 1. Went 4 times (from CA) 2018/2019 and twice a year between '14 and '17 and yearly between '07 and '13. Gonna be hard to miss 2020. Right now planning on Sept 2 to 13. Thinking about missing the actual 50th because it might just be too crowded. But MAYBE Sept 23 to Oct 4...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter