2021 Magic Bands

Theo331

Earning My Ears
Everything I have read has stated that Disney is no longer offering complementary Magic Bands for stays beginning in January of 2021.

On Wednesday I booked resort and park reservations for late February 2021 and I was allowed to place an order for complementary MagicBands for everyone in my party. The order still shows as an active order on MDE that I am allowed to edit.

So is Disney going back on their plans to move on from the free bands or is their system just behind their plans to do so? I do not want to run into a situation where I’m expecting them to arrive before our trip and they never do and have it be too late to have them shipped to me directly after I place an order for premium bands.

I’d say system is behind..but, we will see in a few months what happens when it gets time for MB to ship.
Agreed. Typically, I would receive my resort MB order within a couple of weeks of placing it, regardless of how far out I am from my trip. I was able to place the order for my March 2021 trip but my August one hasn't even shipped out yet. I'm sure they're just delayed in all areas right now, but I'm surprised they even kept complimentary ones as an option when they added all those new pre-arrival exclusives. Perhaps they can't exactly cap which MBs are available for which dates as of yet 🤷‍♀️

I looked today and on my plans it says they will not be shipped but are to be picked up when arriving.

The Magic Bands last a very long time. Since I have gotten a new one for each stay, I have about a dozen. I have stopped requesting new ones and I am just using the last one that I have. I would imagine you would only need a new one every 3 years or so. Not really sure how long the battery lasts.

The Magic Bands last a very long time. Since I have gotten a new one for each stay, I have about a dozen. I have stopped requesting new ones and I am just using the last one that I have. I would imagine you would only need a new one every 3 years or so. Not really sure how long the battery lasts.
happy to see this. we received our MBs for our April 2020 trip back in February and have postponed the trip to April 2021.

happy to see this. we received our MBs for our April 2020 trip back in February and have postponed the trip to April 2021.

On my last trip in Dec 2019 I used a magicband purchased in Dec 2015 and it worked for all touchpoints. It likely didn't work for long-range functions (pictures on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, names showing up in interactive queues), but I had other members in my party with newer bands so they picked up any pictures.

On my last trip in Dec 2019 I used a magicband purchased in Dec 2015 and it worked for all touchpoints. It likely didn't work for long-range functions (pictures on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, names showing up in interactive queues), but I had other members in my party with newer bands so they picked up any pictures.
I have read that the long-range function starts to decline at 2 years.

Get them free while you can, Im sure by the middle of 2021 everyone will have to pay for them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!