• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2042: I know what is going to happen

Doctor P

<font color=navy><font color=navy>Chocolate covere
I think I have figured out how 2042 is going to play out and how the new DVC resorts will fit into this scenario. I have long felt that EP would ultimately be built, but I think I have finally figured out how and why (and why it would have to be big). EP will be built as an extended care facility for all DVC contract owners who have owned at one of the non-SSR resorts for at least 35 years. They will sell a 12 year contract (so that they will have something to sell when SSR reaches the 50 year mark, LOL). Price per point to be determined, but full meal and bedpan service will be included, and trips can only be booked by the year with no refunds for unused nights.

Will they have Depends in the General Store and a space near my door for my walker? (I'm planning to get those new electric fueled walkers that also clip your toenails for 'ya)!

Will EP have a community hall so we can have daily bingo games? With bingo daubers that make Mickey-head-shaped marks?

:earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: <--- BINGO!

The theme pool will be shaped like a bed pan and have chair lifts for getting in and out. The pool slide will be the only one on property with an elevator to get to the top.

It will be the only DVC resort that has a concierge desk to assist with the medicare forms.

Art, the greeter from BVC, will still be around to give us a hearty "welcome home."

Tim Conway, as the old man, will valet park all the cars. (give him a generous tip if he gets the car to you under 45 minutes. Good help is hard to come by.)

By unanimous request of the membership, the background music in the lobby will be a loud "It's a Small World After All".

And no one will be care about what room view they get.

All this for a low price of $12,000 per point. $10,000 per point with the DVC incentive. Hurry up and buy, the price will be going up shortly.

Doctor P said:
I think I have figured out how 2042 is going to play out and how the new DVC resorts will fit into this scenario. I have long felt that EP would ultimately be built, but I think I have finally figured out how and why (and why it would have to be big). EP will be built as an extended care facility for all DVC contract owners who have owned at one of the non-SSR resorts for at least 35 years.

I like it!!!! :laughing:

Well, I guess this constitutes my long term care planning. Thanks! DH will love it too! :cloud9:

Bobbi :flower:

LOL, sounds good to me, but have my doubts I'm going to make it to the end of my contract! I would be 96 in 2042!

I own at SSR, but this sounds like a lot of fun, so put my name on the list! I will be 104 when our contract runs out, so I should be able to trade with some youngster that bought a OKW contract that will only be in their 70's or 80's when 2042 comes around. :hourglass :scratchin

I'll be about 74, so about the right age to move in. I hope they have good dining facilities. A nice cafeteria style would be nice. Very bright with chairs that hurt my back. Also, I would like to see bland lifeless food with little to no flavor. (I know at that age I will not be wanting any exotic spices in my food like those upscale places - you know the spices I am talking about, stuff like salt and pepper).

Two things they have to have on the menu:

1) Roast Beef - Very well done. I want to wear through a pair of dentures chewing on it.

2) Green jello - they have to have green jello.

Sounds like a slice of heaven.

Sounds great! But now I might have to rethink my retirement planning. I'll be 90 when DVC expires, and I figured it was OK for me to expire when DVC does (but not before!). But this sounds like something I'd really want to hang around for. DH loves to golf too. He'll be 91, so there might be limitations, so I hope the golf course is going to be Handicapped Accessible.

Gosh. And I thought the resorts would spontaneously burst into flames, burn to the ground, and the next morning arise from their own ashes...

:rotfl:
How about renaming Ep...

"The Eagle Pines Resort & Garden Mausoleum"

...and for a small additional fee, you can get a burial at
sea(7 Seas Lagoon)...after a quick eulogy...a quick toss
into the water off one of those water rats...oops,water mice!

Hook me up!
:cool1:

I'll be right there with the rest of you, assuming I'm still around.

Can we make the BGM Grim Grinning Ghosts and Yo-Ho Yo-Ho A Pirate's Life For Me instead of It's A Small World, please.

Just imagine how many handicap parking spaces they would need! They would also have to put electrical outlets everywhere so we could recharge our ECV's! :moped:

Tinkbellfan said:
Just imagine how many handicap parking spaces they would need! They would also have to put electrical outlets everywhere so we could recharge our ECV's! :moped:

No outlets needed by 2042. The ECVs will probably have an alternate fuel source (like methane). :rotfl2:

Towncrier said:
No outlets needed by 2042. The ECVs will probably have an alternate fuel source (like methane). :rotfl2:

And there will be plently of methane to go around!! :goodvibes :goodvibes

manning said:
And there will be plently of methane to go around!! :goodvibes :goodvibes

Hmmm.....with the added benefit of self-perpetuating energy to fuel the resort, I think we are beginning to see how quickly this rumor could turn to fact, LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter