21 - 28 Feb Observations

k5xs

DIS Veteran
Just returned from a week at POFQ. Won't bore you with a report on every day and every meal, but will just make a few observations.

1. The Magic is very much alive. From wait staff CMs, to Custodial CMs, to our Jungle Cruise skipper, they were almost universally cheerful, friendly, and on their game.

2. G+ is a pain. Wanted on ROTR, so got up at 6:55am so I could start banging on the server at 7:00am. A slot would appear and when I went to grab it I'd be hung up with the never-ending ever-looping hourglass. I finally got a slot after 20 minutes of furious frustration. I had plenty of speed on my AT&T connection, so I can only assume it's a server resource issue. Ugh. Broken process.

3. Food quality isn't what it was. Up until now, over a span of 30+ years and hundreds of meals, we could honestly say we had never had a bad meal on Disney property. But that was then. All meals in the Sassagoula Floatworks POFQ counter service restaurant were outstanding. We ate the salmon dinner, shrimp and grits, and had burgers there and it was all excellent. POR Boatwright's was another story. Their shrimp and grits disappointed, and the prime rib was downright tough. I don't know if it's a supply issue, a staffing issue, or what, but there has been a noticeable loss in quality. Meals at EPCOT's Chefs de France and Katsura Grill disappointed as well, and not having international cast members in those facilities makes the experience far less enjoyable. (Our server at Chefs de France did say the international CMs were "trickling back in.") The house salad in France was not at all what it was before, and the udon noodles in Japan were poor. Again, it might be a staffing issue, a supply issue or whatever, but it's noticeable.

4. Maybe I'm imagining things, but maintenance seems to be an issue. At one point in DHS, ROTR, Toy Story Mania, and MMRR were all down. One morning we had no hot water in our room. I get it, things break, but I can't recall as much failing all at once.

All that said, we had a great time. ROTR is AMAZING. CMs are amazing. Chapek? Not so much.

Everyone has been complaining on not getting on many rides due to waits - did you find this to be true? Trying to mentally prepare for upcoming April trip. I'm not one to wait an hour for anything so I will just wander until I find something else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter